The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anybody else have a strong feeling that Burrows might have a career year this season?

hockeyfan90

He hasn't really has a bad year for a long time or ever to be fair. I mean 12, 9, and 31PTS to start his career when he was a 4th/3rd liner wasn't too bad. He, like the Sedins, always gives his best. I hope he can add more PTS but if he doesn't then thats fine to. As long as he continues to play like he can he will easily get another 50PTS.

I don't think of Burrows as the kind of guy who steps up his game because it is a contract year. He just simply steps up his game whenever he can, because that is what his game is about.

That being said, I think the Canucks will be a bit deeper this year, I think the second line is bound to have a better season, and imo that should mean a little less on the shoulders of the first line, and perhaps better conditions to produce more...

Well if AV keeps him with the Sedins, instead of his stupid idea of putting waste of space Booth with them, then sure. Plus if AV is smart he will keep Burr with the Sedins on first PP while Kes is out. His hand eye in front of the net is the best on the team. Not too mention he has chemistry with the twins.

it depends on if we sign Doan. If Doan comes i expect to see

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Lappierre-Hansen

Higgins-Malholtra-Kassian

with AV there is a chance that Raymond will go up to the second line and dropping Burrows to the third. So this will affect burrows output.

Maybe so. How ever Burrows might have a career year with another team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved in a trade. Gillis isn't scared to do it and God forbid he trade for some one bigger with similar skill . That's how I'm seeing Burrow's season.

Archived