The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NEWS ONLY] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Rumours and Reports, with warnings issued to those not following this)

I am of the mindset that the Canucks need to move forward and move on...and most of the sources I am talking to this evening largely agree with that sentiment..

I know Gillis won't give him up for a bag of pucks.,,but I am starting to hear there could really be some serious return on Luongo.... Goalies with Luongo's career numbers and ability to carry the load for a team don't grow on trees....

Tune in hear for Hockeybuzz Trade Deadlne Shown from noon to 4pm, there will be an audio stream and a fun video stream... Stay tuned for details

-Eklund

TSN said Nonis doesn't see the Leafs making a trade. Lu isn't going anywhere

Edit: Meant to post this in the other thread. My bad.

• 2 months later...

Luo's latest:

"I'm willing to stay, be the back up and play for free if they let me sit in at every Torts presser!" #man #myth #legend.

There we have it. Luo is willing to waive a buyout, accept that Schneider has won the starting position, stay here and play for free.

Huge new development in the Luongo trade story. Hard to question a potential Tortorella signing if the move comes with that perk.

@SpectorsHockey: Mike Gillis should get GM of the year if he trades Luongo for a good return without taking back a bad contract in the deal.

@SpectorsHockey: Luongo to #Wild or #Islanders? Sure, if the Canucks take back Heatley or DiPietro...;)

Archived