The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo, Ballard trade + Signing Proposals....

Scenario 1

To Dallas:

- Keith Ballard

- 2013 Conditonal Pick

Condition: Dallas makes playoffs = 2nd

Dallas doesn't make it = 1st

To Vancouver:

- 2013 1st Round Pick (Dal)

Scenario 2

To Toronto

- Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond

To Vancouver:

- Nikolai Kulemin, Mike Komisarek, 2013 1st Round Pick (Tor)

Signings:

- Daymond Langkow, 1 year 2 million (Replacement for Kesler, then 3rd line center)

- Dan Ellis, 1 year 1 million

2012-2013 Lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kulemin

Higgins-Langkow-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Garrison-Edler

Komisarek-Tanev

Schneider

Ellis

When Kesler is out, Move Langkow to 2C and Manny to 3C temporarily and fill in 4th line with Weise etc.. I suspect there will be injuries throughout the season so we got Ebbet and Weise to fill the void of 4th liners if needed. We got Alberts if any injuries happen at D and the two new guys, don't remember their names. Still should sign any NHL ready D that comes cheap for depth.

The good thing about Komisarek's contract is that he only has 2 years remaining on it. So it's not all that bad and Canucks can take it.

You need to watch more hockey. Dallas is expected to be a lot stronger next year so trading for their pick will likely still keep us picking in the 20s. Trading for Komisarek (cap dump) and Kulemin is bad enough, but adding Torontos pick basically ensures another late selection - Luongo would most certainly take them to the playoffs.

Remind me again why Luongo would want to waive his NTC to go to Toronto of all places? He goes to a bigger media limelight and a worse team... no personal gain here.

You need to watch more hockey. Dallas is expected to be a lot stronger next year so trading for their pick will likely still keep us picking in the 20s. Trading for Komisarek (cap dump) and Kulemin is bad enough, but adding Torontos pick basically ensures another late selection - Luongo would most certainly take them to the playoffs.

Remind me again why Luongo would want to waive his NTC to go to Toronto of all places? He goes to a bigger media limelight and a worse team... no personal gain here.

First deal isn't bad but we are overpaying a lot in the lui deal.

I think Langkow could be a good signing for the third line but only at the right price.

The good thing about Komisarek's contract is that he only has 2 years remaining on it. So it's not all that bad and Canucks can take it.

Archived