The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Thomas comes out against gay marriage

Maybe he really, really like chicken sandwiches? ^_^

In-n-Out puts bible references on their packaging. That's not going to stop me from eating there.

I know I care more about a tasty burger than whether two people I've never met can get married or not.

People should speak their mind. That way you know where they stand. Repressed hatred is worst kind of hatred.

How does having a mutation equate to being a lesser person?!? Does having green eyes make you less of a human than people with brown or blue eyes?!? Or how about the fact people with imperfect vision? Short stature? How about those that can't digest lactose? Those with allergies? Its this kind of ignorance that was the driving force between racism.

It is true that homosexuality is an evolutionary "dead-end", so to speak, however it could also be a natural way to equalize population levels in overpopulated areas. I have no basis for that theory, just throwing it out there as it would solve that problem.

The thing about relationships, sexual or not, is that they transcend religion.

Gay and non-gays are going to continue being together, with or without Tim Thomas', Boston's, or Chick-Fil-A's approval.

As for gay marriage, well, like abortion, it's here to stay.

Meh. I could care less.

The thing about relationships, sexual or not, is that they transcend religion.

Gay and non-gays are going to continue being together, with or without Tim Thomas', Boston's, or Chick-Fil-A's approval.

As for gay marriage, well, like abortion, it's here to stay.

Meh. I could care less.

I'm sorry did I call Tim Thomas a bigot? Did I say he was hate mongering? No all I am saying is yes he is allowed to speak his opinion but it should be challenged. That is all.

The examples I used were to show that there was a common way of thinking that changed once challenged. I think we agree on the Earth example at least.

Homosexuality and Racism are two completely different things I agree. The discrimination of someone who is Homosexual and the discrimination of someone due to their race are not.

As for my last example all it was pertaining to in this was to show the absolute end of the spectrum. A statement which if made must be challenged. I am not saying it has to do what Tim Thomas in any way other than to show that Opinions and Beliefs need to be challenged and scrutinized if they are not based in truth.

Anything else you may be getting uppity about was completely fabricated in your own mind as to what you thought I meant and you failed to grasp why I was writing what I wrote.

I have never seen any evidence there is a 'gay gene' nor is there a 'straight gene' .

All I know is I cannot control my urges for females. No matter how hard i try , the urges still pop into my head. I dont believe for a minute I 'psyched' myself into it. I have been this way since I was 13

I cannot for the life of me understand WHY women get so hot over men. But I thank GOD they do.

So when gay people say they get urges for the same sex, I dont get it either but I take them at their word. They believe they also have always had the urges just like I have for women.

I have no reason to doubt them.

Archived