The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Luongo for Hossa straight up

Florida is on their way up, but why would they dismantle their team by trading their top line center for Lou. Philly had Briere + Giroux which made trading Carter and Richards possible. Florida's center ice would not be able to take that hit until Huberdeau, Mathias AND another center have broken out. Two steps backwards currently...

Quit asking for Weiss in every proposal, makes no sense!

Hossa on the other hand makes perfect sense for us!

Yea, Hossa would be awesome but I don't think Chicago would do it. It's too bad all the teams with highly skiled power forwards have goalies (Boston,Anaheim,NYR)

I'm praying for Weiss + Howden for Luongo+ and then we sign Doan and call it a Summer.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Weiss-Kassian

Volpatti-Lapierre-Hansen

Edler-Garrison

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Lack

How does Florida trading Weiss make no sense? I bet you won't be saying that after you see their center depth without Weiss

Fleischmann

Huberdeau

Goc

Matthias

Mueller

Weiss is not untouchable. This what Florida's roster would look like without Weiss

Versteeg - Fleischmann - Skille

Mueller - Huberdeau - Upshall

Kopecky - Matthias - Bergenheim

Parros - Goc - Smithson

Campbell - Jovanovski

Gudbranson - Kulikov

Kuba - Ellerby

Luongo

Theodore

This is stupid Hossa is not worth Luo in any universe. He had a major concussion and is signed till 2021 and is 33years old. Luongo makes any team he goes to a contender Hossa does not. Sure hes a great player and would be great on the nucks and I would welcome him but I would shake my head in dissapointment if it took luo to get him. he will only be worth his cap hit for a couple more seasons then he will be a huge liability.

No way they do that. Toews and Kane get all the attention, but Hossa has been their best player for the last two seasons.

Funny thing though...capgeek doesn't have any indication of a NTC in Hossa's contract. Does he not have one? That's kind of surprising.

This is stupid Hossa is not worth Luo in any universe. He had a major concussion and is signed till 2021 and is 33years old. Luongo makes any team he goes to a contender Hossa does not. Sure hes a great player and would be great on the nucks and I would welcome him but I would shake my head in dissapointment if it took luo to get him. he will only be worth his cap hit for a couple more seasons then he will be a huge liability.

I just don't think either teams would be interested in this. Hossas an integral part of chicagos offensive whether he's the same when he comes back or not. He's officially a part of their core since they won the cup. Not to mentiom the love affair between him and the fans.

I personally think he's amazing, but i just don't think he'd fit.

Archived