The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Game] Luongo to Vancouver!

Firstly, lol. An elite goalie can steal you games and take you to the postseason while a top 6 player can't. Trade away a forward, he will replaced by someone else; trade away a star goalie, he will lift and carry a team and give them more than any forward could give. Example: Toronto - can trade for all the forwards in the works, got JVR recently but they won't do crap cause their goalie suck.

Secondly, Kesler = Weiss = lol

Lastly, you have no hockey knowledge and never knew you could put a % on intelligence - almost as good as Samjam saying the deal was 90% done.

Well it depends on what team we are trying to get him from. I'd have no problem giving up a 1st, solid prospect, and a couple of roster players for him.

Or if we have Schneider in this situation, I'd trade him for Lu +

Either way, I'm not like some of these posters saying he is worth little to nothing, which is quite pathetic.

Another good example of the importance of goalies is the Flyers vs Penguins series.

Look at the forwards on each team:

Flyers:

-Giroux, Voracek, Briere, Jagr, Simmonds, Hartnell, Schenn, Couturier, etc.

Penguins:

-Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Cooke, Dupuis, Sullivan, etc.

Their forwards couldn't do s**t about their goalies allowing in goal after goal....if we put in a better goaltender for one team, lets say Lundqvist replaces Fleury...the end result of the series would have been VERY different

Archived