The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Jason Garrison will beat Adrian Aucoin's record for most goals as a Canuck Defenseman? (23g)

Franz Liszt

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

at least the fan base here will let the G-bomber have some time to adjust to a new system before placing unnessesary expectations and pressure on the guy.

:frantic::frantic::emot-parrot: "If he dosn't have at least 15 goals by the all star break we can call him a bust, fire AV, fire MG, trade the sedins, ect ect." :emot-parrot::frantic:

he has a bomb of a shot but isn't his defensive play what earned him his ice time in the first place? I'd just like him to stay healthy and hopefully develop some chemisty with our current D core through pre season

at least the fan base here will let the G-bomber have some time to adjust to a new system before placing unnessesary expectations and pressure on the guy.

:frantic::frantic::emot-parrot: "If he dosn't have at least 15 goals by the all star break we can call him a bust, fire AV, fire MG, trade the sedins, ect ect." :emot-parrot::frantic:

he has a bomb of a shot but isn't his defensive play what earned him his ice time in the first place? I'd just like him to stay healthy and hopefully develop some chemisty with our current D core through pre season

Tell me how its a pointless stat genius. You understand what shot % is right? It means when shoots the puck, 9.5% of the time it goes in. Thats 3% more than anyone else on the Canucks defence. The next closest was Salo, and we all know how many minutes he played. Compared to Edler, our top defensive point getter , he was 5% more accurate.

Did I say that? No. I think it was a good deal considering the market value of defense. I think he will break 10 goals, but I think his main asset to Vancouver is going to be his shut-down ability, especially if he's paired with Edler.

Man this site. You have one opinion that goes against the collective and you don't hear the end of it.

I'm not knocking you at all. I happen to think that it was a foolish, risky, and reactive signing (a reaction to not procuring J. Schultz).

My point was that if you're not expecting a lot of offense from him, and just "steady, reliable, defensive play", what was the point of signing him to such a massive contract, when we could've instead just extended Sami Salo, or even Aaron Rome? I don't understand all of this "oh, we don't need him to score a bunch, we just want solid, defensive play" talk. The guy was given 6 years and nearly $30M. He better be bringing the sort of offense that he brought to Florida last year, because that's why he was given the contract that he was.

I mean, do you really think Jason Garrison would've got the deal that he did this summer if he posted stats equivalent to his 2010-11 season? Think again. And stop having such low expectations. He signed for big money, now it's time for him to step up. Welcome back to Vancouver, Jason.

Weak argument. Who cares that he's younger? He hasn't proven anything. You can't compare his history in the NHL to Willie Mitchell's. When WM signed his big deal with us, he had played nearly 2X more NHL games than Garrison has, and was far more established as a serious defence-first defenceman. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable and in-the-loop NHL fan, and I don't recall hearing anything of Jason Garrison prior to this past season, so I don't know where all of this "amazing shut down d-man" talk has come from. He was an undrafted, low-cost alternative for the Panthers to plug into their lineup and save money. That's really about the jist of it.

Good for him for having a sort-of breakout season in what is a contract renewal year, but if he's REALLY that good, don't you think that the Panthers may have worked a little harder to sign him? 28 year-old defencemen who are really good aren't easy to find, and you're probably best to hold onto them, just ask Mike Gillis RE: Christian Ehrhoff.

Good for him for having a sort-of breakout season in what is a contract renewal year, but if he's REALLY that good, don't you think that the Panthers may have worked a little harder to sign him? 28 year-old defencemen who are really good aren't easy to find, and you're probably best to hold onto them, just ask Mike Gillis RE: Christian Ehrhoff.

Archived