The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Vancouver will sign:

Shane Doan to $24 M over 4 years

Alex Burrows to $22.5 over 5 years

Alex Edler to $22 M over 4 years.

then after the Canucks win the Stanley Cup, Gillis will approach David Poile and ask if there is a reason they never signed the NTC or NMC that Shea Weber requested. David will look down at his watch and back at Gillis.

Alexander Edler, David Booth, Mason Raymond, and 2 first round draft picks to Nashville

Shea Weber to Vancouver for his career. Sounds good to me.

Sorry I had to. Couldn't resist.

@hockeyyinsiderr

Just got off the phone with a Vancouver source who is highly placed within the Canucks organization. He has advised me Terry Bross, who is Shane Doan’s agent, has contacted the Canucks upper management today to make sure no bridges were burnt.

My sources maintain Shane Doan’s verbal agreement with Coyotes remains in place for a 4 year $21.5M deal. However, this is if and only if the Coyotes sale to Jamison’s group is officially approved before the CBA expiry date on September 15.

Even though Jamison and his investors have gathered the necessary funding, the problem remains the litigation between Jamison and the city of Glendale. Still no confirmation that this will be resolved before September 15.

In case the sale does not go through according to plan, Doan’s agent has advised the Canucks his client would like to accept Vancouver’s 4 year offer. My source advised me this offer is for $24M total. My source confirmed that the Canucks offer is still very much on the table. If by Friday night the sale to Jamison’s group is not confirmed, expect Doan to give the Canucks a call according to my source.

Furthermore, hearing Vancouver is also pushing hard for an Edler extension prior to the CBA expiry. And Luongo is expected to meet with Canucks upper management in Vancouver this week!

Exciting times to be a Canucks fan! Follow me on Twitter for my most up to date news @HockeyyInsiderr

Archived