The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Good luck. You guys are in for a world of hurt. Talking negative about the Seahawks and doing it after they lost? Ballsy :frantic:

Why are you jumping to conclusions and making false ones at that? It's ridiculous...re-read what I said and understand I never said anything negative...

The officials in the Niners , Hawks game are in full control. I have never seen so many blown calls for both teams in one game :( How bout they let the players decide ?

I haven't seen too many games by the Seahawks (or in the NFL in general), but I agreed with most of the calls on their defence.. do they normally hold and interfere this much? I'm surprised the Hawks didn't get called for far more penalties than they got.

I think of all the calls against the Hawks, only one was marginal -- they got away with many, many non-calls.

Normally I think Harbaugh is a much more whiny version of Scotty Bowman working the refs, but in this case, I see his point.

Edited by Aleksandr Pistoletov

I haven't seen too many games by the Seahawks (or in the NFL in general), but I agreed with most of the calls on their defence.. do they normally hold and interfere this much? I'm surprised the Hawks didn't get called for far more penalties than they got.

I think of all the calls against the Hawks, only one was marginal -- they got away with many, many non-calls.

Normally I think Harbaugh is a much more whiny version of Scotty Bowman working the refs, but in this case, I see his point.

Seahawks are maybe the most penalized team in the league. Sometimes its stupid pointless stuff but a lot of the time its part of how they play. They just accept that they will get called on it sometimes.

Man what a great day for football!!! I love snow games and the unpredictable excitement and anticipation they bring for big plays from each game.

Huge returns and monster runs today in the snow games.

Hopefully it snows tomorrow in Chicago and we get another snow game for Monday Night.

The key to the Eagles game was Reggie Bush not being able to play he would have had quite the fun using his elusiveness to go head-to-head with McCoy.

These races are going down to the wire. The Cardinals are not going away San fran probably has to win out just to get in.

Lot of teams still are in it.

Any body see that Crabtree was burning Sherman the majority of the time when he was matched up with him today? He wasn't talking much today.

Man the Seahawks dbs I think hold on every play they just hope that the ref will get tired of calling them on it and will let plays go. They really try to be very physical at the line and re-route receivers by banging or pushing and pulling them as they try to get a release off the line.

That run by Gore was clutch he has some deceptive speed for a big back. Surprising burst still at age 30.

Too bad Antonio Brown stepped out of bounds on the last ditch lateral play. That would have been the play of the year by far had he been able to stay in.

He needed Tomlin to run down there with him to step on the field and keep him inbounds. :lol:

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 2

Weird question, but can a player block a field goal at the up rights?

That incredible 64 yard kick by Prater, it dropped just inches behind the crossbar, it looked like the Tennesse player could have jumped up and blocked it.

Good question. Too lazy to go look it up in the NFL rule book, but I would assume you probably could. Unless there is some sort of NBA type goaltending rule where you can't touch it if it is on it's way down

Honestly there is holding on every play in the NFL and pass interference is such judgement call on the officials part. Look at the last drive for NE in the CLE and NE game, the refs made a brutal pass interference call on CLE and gave NE another free play. It happens league wide all the time . The Hawks have been the runner up to San Fran for their entire history until recently and they are such hated rivals so it is always going to be ugly. I thought both teams were pretty savage and got away with a few things but i personally thought there were just to many make up calls for the stuff they missed by both teams. Harbaugh is one of if not the most intense coaches in the league. He is so respected by the players he has coached, it says a lot about the man.

NINERS 4 life ! :towel:

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles

Man what a great day for football!!! I love snow games and the unpredictable excitement and anticipation they bring for big plays from each game.

Huge returns and monster runs today in the snow games.

Hopefully it snows tomorrow in Chicago and we get another snow game for Monday Night.

The key to the Eagles game was Reggie Bush not being able to play he would have had quite the fun using his elusiveness to go head-to-head with McCoy.

These races are going down to the wire. The Cardinals are not going away San fran probably has to win out just to get in.

Lot of teams still are in it.

Any body see that Crabtree was burning Sherman the majority of the time when he was matched up with him today? He wasn't talking much today.

Man the Seahawks dbs I think hold on every play they just hope that the ref will get tired of calling them on it and will let plays go. They really try to be very physical at the line and re-route receivers by banging or pushing and pulling them as they try to get a release off the line.

That run by Gore was clutch he has some deceptive speed for a big back. Surprising burst still at age 30.

Too bad Antonio Brown stepped out of bounds on the last ditch lateral play. That would have been the play of the year by far had he been able to stay in.

He needed Tomlin to run down there with him to step on the field and keep him inbounds. :lol:

I'm not sure how a spoiled Dallas team that play in a big warm library would fare in the snow..

Pack pulled out the W woot! Seahawks at least kept it close. That was pretty much a home playoff game for the niners so I thought it would be close. Refs were definitely in charge but evenly trigger happy, IMO. Saw some highlights of the other games...looked like an interesting sunday!!!

I'm not sure how a spoiled Dallas team that play in a big warm library would fare in the snow..

I want to see too tomorrow. Ironically it snowed in Texas.

I think it would be quite the exciting game with snow. Both Dallas and Chicago especially with Hester has a chance to take it to the house if he gets a chance.

"We get no calls"- Patriot fans

I was thinking much the same thing. I certainly hope we've seen the last of the complaints about reffing after that absolutely brutal call.

It was disappointing. Not because it basically handed the win to the Pats, but because I would have given Brady a better than even chance to pull out the win anyway.

Unfortunately the zebra spoiled our chance to find out and ruined what could have been a truly exciting finish.

• Upvote 1

Damn man, Gronk confirmed with mcl and acl injuries/tears...FML!

It really is such a piss off. He's an awesome player but way too many injuries especially for his young age. Really does suck...could've been hands down the best TE of all time if he was healthy. MVP calibre but taken out by injuries. I don't really give the comparisons of him being a Derrick Rose type guy cause Rose is just plain weak; Gronk on the other hand is one of the most physical players in the game and he's sidelined from all the contact he takes.

Pretty pissed off, this might just have been the last straw for him cause it's a big deal with all the injuries he's had. Arm, back, now acl and mcl...that's real dangerous. Defenders always chop his legs when he's downfield cause he's too physical to get taken down by going for the upperbody cause really, there's no other of taking him down besides the legs and it's just so unfortunate. Remember when earlier this year Meriweather was being criticized for hitting high and majority of people thought he was dirty? Well I was one of the players that understood him because he said he'd rather hit high and take the chance of possibly hitting a guys head than going downlow and taking out the legs and handing out mcl and acl injuries; I totally agree 100% and this is the case here with Gronk. Sum it up, I'd rather hit a guy up high near the upper body/chest onwards than the legs cause statistically and generally known/common sense, legs cause more damage or have more potential too.

Phuck, really pissed off and guessing Gronk will be back mid next season. Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery and hopefully another chance to give the NFL a go. :(