The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

$5,000 Canadian plus ancillary costs for one game. That's pretty steep.

Although, to be honest, if the Bills were in the Super Bowl I would want to go. I probably wouldn't though because the day that the Sabres or Bills win a championship, this city is going to explode and it would be fun to see people running and shouting in the streets....

I got the Seahawks 31 Patriots 16. It won't be a close game imo.

But if the Pats were to win, they HAVE to score first. The other key would be keeping Wilson under 20 yards rushing.

2 players to keep an eye on are Luke Wilson and Ricardo Lockette. Both crazy fast. Bruce Irvin on d will be key too.

Gonna stay away from the boards till Sunday. Enjoy the SB!!!!!!!

Edited by Jiggs50

Hey Gman, I'm just wondering - did you get those tickets off a secondary market or first hand from the official license partners of the league? Because the Hawks game I went to, there were no hard copy tickets...every ticket had to be printed to certify there would be no fraud...is there something similar like that for the SB too? I know from years past people that collect SB tickets they have hard copy but do you know if they'll keep em that way for this SB? ..don't want you getting robbed or anything :lol:

Oh man. Lynch is boned... Goodell is strongly hinting at fining Lynch for his media appearances once the Super Bowl is over.

If he gets fined for his hat wearing as well, it could be 100k (100k per violation is written into the CBA) per session or it could be just one smaller lump sum for all 3 times if Goodell takes pity on him. Same with the media interviews.

I feel bad for the guy. He obviously has mental issues when it comes to that kind of setting. It's something to be concerned about rather than punished. On top of that, if he is fined for his hats, that would just be plain wrong considering that the only sponsorship when it comes to hats in the NFL is the New Era deal and the hats that Lynch has been wearing are New Era hats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/no-decision-on-marshawn-lynch-fine-until-after-super-bowl/

Hey Gman, I'm just wondering - did you get those tickets off a secondary market or first hand from the official license partners of the league? Because the Hawks game I went to, there were no hard copy tickets...every ticket had to be printed to certify there would be no fraud...is there something similar like that for the SB too? I know from years past people that collect SB tickets they have hard copy but do you know if they'll keep em that way for this SB? ..don't want you getting robbed or anything :lol:

Superbowl tickets have always been hard copies. I'm actually surprised though that they've strayed from making the logos in hologram form. When did that start happening?

^if I was Lynch, I would publicly come out and say I'm not paying the fine. He's been getting harassed for every step he takes and I'm pretty sure he's had enough. He's done his media days this week as it says and he's done nothing wrong. Clearly he doesn't want to waste his breath on media that are looking to pick apart things he says so it's totally understandable.

Screw Goodell, the guy is a clown.

Superbowl tickets have always been hard copies. I'm actually surprised though that they've strayed from making the logos in hologram form. When did that start happening?

I'm not 100% sure tbh. All I know is for these playoffs tickets (well at least Seattle) have had them to be printed and no hard copy to prevent any scams.

I'm not 100% sure tbh. All I know is for these playoffs tickets (well at least Seattle) have had them to be printed and no hard copy to prevent any scams.

That has to suck for the scalpers. I usually get my tickets from scalpers when I go to a Bills game. I wait until just before the game starts and lowball whoever is offering the best tickets. I do it for fun more than I do it to save money. I enjoy wheeling and dealing. It's probably kinda prickish for me to do that, but at least they don't have to hold onto useless unsold tickets.

The last time I was in the Dominican Republic (Quite a number of years ago) I loved going to the big local crafts market they had there. I would buy the most useless crap to give to people when I got home just so I could have fun haggling. The curtained "stalls" where some people would sell weapons was a bit too weird for me. I avoided those like the plague.

• Upvote 1

^if I was Lynch, I would publicly come out and say I'm not paying the fine. He's been getting harassed for every step he takes and I'm pretty sure he's had enough. He's done his media days this week as it says and he's done nothing wrong. Clearly he doesn't want to waste his breath on media that are looking to pick apart things he says so it's totally understandable.

Screw Goodell, the guy is a clown.

Fines are automatically taken from paycheque(s) just like they are in the NHL. He would have to retire to avoid those fines. Even then, the NFL could sue him if they wanted to be vindictive.

You are being too kind when you say Goodell is a clown. There's a whole bunch of nasty but true adjectives you could have used preceding that.

Oh man. Lynch is boned... Goodell is strongly hinting at fining Lynch for his media appearances once the Super Bowl is over.

If he gets fined for his hat wearing as well, it could be 100k (100k per violation is written into the CBA) per session or it could be just one smaller lump sum for all 3 times if Goodell takes pity on him. Same with the media interviews.

I feel bad for the guy. He obviously has mental issues when it comes to that kind of setting. It's something to be concerned about rather than punished. On top of that, if he is fined for his hats, that would just be plain wrong considering that the only sponsorship when it comes to hats in the NFL is the New Era deal and the hats that Lynch has been wearing are New Era hats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/no-decision-on-marshawn-lynch-fine-until-after-super-bowl/

There's nothing to suggest that.

When he was talking in the scrum yesterday, his voice did not shake or tremble, he didn't stutter or have to pause to think of what to say next. He simply just does not want to answer the media's questions because he thinks if he gives them anything, they will spin it in a way to make him look like something he is not. Even in his presser yesterday, he said something along the lines of I'm not giving you guys anything so you guys have nothing to go off and paint me as something.

If he had any sort of mental illness, he and/or Carroll and/or the GM would have gone to the team doctor and said look, can you diagnose him so we can submit it to the league and he can get out of any media appearances without being penalized.

That has to suck for the scalpers. I usually get my tickets from scalpers when I go to a Bills game. I wait until just before the game starts and lowball whoever is offering the best tickets. I do it for fun more than I do it to save money. I enjoy wheeling and dealing. It's probably kinda prickish for me to do that, but at least they don't have to hold onto useless unsold tickets.

The last time I was in the Dominican Republic (Quite a number of years ago) I loved going to the big local crafts market they had there. I would buy the most useless crap to give to people when I got home just so I could have fun haggling. The curtained "stalls" where some people would sell weapons was a bit too weird for me. I avoided those like the plague.

Solid lol. I was really surprised by Seattle...I think I said before but if my cousin and I couldn't find tickets, we thought as a last resort we would go down and scalp. We ended up get our tickets from home but when we went to the game, zero scalpers, nadda. People had signs saying they want to buy tickets. Real loyal fans, a huge chunk that went to the game tailgating 3 hours before and enjoying the Pats game at pubs/restaurants. Really really genuine people and no assholes at all. Lots of the fans are from Vancouver but even the Seattle people are really well behaved. Was really surprised and have a new appreciation for them.

There's nothing to suggest that.

When he was talking in the scrum yesterday, his voice did not shake or tremble, he didn't stutter or have to pause to think of what to say next. He simply just does not want to answer the media's questions because he thinks if he gives them anything, they will spin it in a way to make him look like something he is not. Even in his presser yesterday, he said something along the lines of I'm not giving you guys anything so you guys have nothing to go off and paint me as something.

If he had any sort of mental illness, he and/or Carroll and/or the GM would have gone to the team doctor and said look, can you diagnose him so we can submit it to the league and he can get out of any media appearances without being penalized.

You're preaching to the choir. Lynch was entertaining during his first two sessions. I much prefer that over canned responses. I kept laughing loudly through most of the video while watching the first two.

As to your final statement, it's very possible that he may do just that if Goodell goes overboard with any potential fine(s). He'd have to get a diagnoses from a psychiatrist not an MD. If he is diagnosed then federal law trumps any kind of contract. He would be fully protected by the Americans with Diabilities Act. He by law couldn't be suspended or fined by the Seahawks or the league.

Edited by SabreFan1