The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You lose respect for a selfish fk like that, leaving his teammates hanging out to dry.

He's their leader defensively, no way he gets on the chopping block. He's in the middle of a contract for his employer. It's extremely bad business to cut in the middle of a contract and demand more. Never mind how selfish it looks to the other teammates who are honouring their contracts.

I hope the Seahawks tell him to stuff it and he sits all season. Then he'd have lost way more than if he had just played and negotiated when his contract was coming up.

Here's an excellent read on Kam Chancellor's situation. Really worth the read for those who don't follow NFL as closely as they follow the NHL.

Towards the end you will read about how much courage Kam has and how much he has given to his team, it's mind boggling when you read the type of injuries he played thru.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/15/nfl-kam-chancellor-seattle-seahawks-holdout

This is a list of people the Seahawks have waived or released with time and cash remaining on their contracts in the calendar year 2015. This is typical of all 32 teams:

Robert Turbin. Will Blackmon. Anthony McCoy. Tyrell Adams. RaShaun Allen. R.J. Archer. Obum Gwacham. Keenan Lambert. Ronald Martin Jr. T.Y. McGill. Douglas McNeil III. KeaVon Milton. Ryan Murphy. Will Pericak. Eric Pinkins. Terry Poole. Alex Singleton. Kevin Smith. Rod Smith. Julius Warmsley. Kasen Williams. Lemuel Jeanpierre. D’Anthony Smith. Jesse Davis. George Farmer. Deshon Foxx. Deontay Greenberry. Keelan Johnson. Quayshawn Nealy. Greg Scruggs. Ty Zimmerman. Brandon Cottom. Triston Wade. Jake Waters. Jeremy Crayton. Robert Smith. Tony McDaniel. Ryan Robinson. Tory Slater. Demitrius Bronson. Nate Isles. C.J. Davis. Justin Renfrow. Mike Taylor. Jared Wheeler. Mike Zimmer. Luke Ingram. Zach Miller. Jesse Williams. Garrett Scott.

I really hate my legal name. Look at all those sweet names ^^

Deshon Foxx, hell yeah why couldn't my mom give me a cool name like that. RaShaun, Quayshawn, KeaVon, Deontay dam its no wonder these guys make it in sports with cool names like that.

I really hate my legal name. Look at all those sweet names ^^

Deshon Foxx, hell yeah why couldn't my mom give me a cool name like that. RaShaun, Quayshawn, KeaVon, Deontay dam its no wonder these guys make it in sports with cool names like that.

Can't wait for other race's to follow suit.

Da'Brad

Qua'Rajpreet

LeNam Tran

Ja'Rafael

Here's an excellent read on Kam Chancellor's situation. Really worth the read for those who don't follow NFL as closely as they follow the NHL.

Towards the end you will read about how much courage Kam has and how much he has given to his team, it's mind boggling when you read the type of injuries he played thru.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/15/nfl-kam-chancellor-seattle-seahawks-holdout

This is a list of people the Seahawks have waived or released with time and cash remaining on their contracts in the calendar year 2015. This is typical of all 32 teams:

Robert Turbin. Will Blackmon. Anthony McCoy. Tyrell Adams. RaShaun Allen. R.J. Archer. Obum Gwacham. Keenan Lambert. Ronald Martin Jr. T.Y. McGill. Douglas McNeil III. KeaVon Milton. Ryan Murphy. Will Pericak. Eric Pinkins. Terry Poole. Alex Singleton. Kevin Smith. Rod Smith. Julius Warmsley. Kasen Williams. Lemuel Jeanpierre. DAnthony Smith. Jesse Davis. George Farmer. Deshon Foxx. Deontay Greenberry. Keelan Johnson. Quayshawn Nealy. Greg Scruggs. Ty Zimmerman. Brandon Cottom. Triston Wade. Jake Waters. Jeremy Crayton. Robert Smith. Tony McDaniel. Ryan Robinson. Tory Slater. Demitrius Bronson. Nate Isles. C.J. Davis. Justin Renfrow. Mike Taylor. Jared Wheeler. Mike Zimmer. Luke Ingram. Zach Miller. Jesse Williams. Garrett Scott.

It's not supposed to be even or fair. The team is the business, they take the financial risk. Without such risk there is no paycheques for Kam.

Now..

Speaking more from my own personal opinion rather than my business background, the NFLPA should seriously tell it's players to hunker down on their spending and prepare a big CBA fight for guaranteed contracts.

Chancellor to miss his 2nd regular season game, and forfeit a lot more money.

Do you guys think the relationship there is severed? I can't imagine him being able to put this whole thing as water under the bridge. He wants more guaranteed money moved from next year to this year, but with how much he's already forfeited through 2 games, it's going to balance out anyways, especially if the holdout goes to 3 games.

Another factor is they lost the last game in part due to his direct replacement getting beat for a touchdown. Now going up against Rodgers, who undoubtedly will pick on Chancellor's replacement, I could see some guys becoming resentful of him.

The Seahawks need to pay the man. He's the leader of the defense. He sets the tempo. The physical play of Chancellor is unmatched. Gave up 31 to the Rams!!!

After they go down 0-2, they will be forced to fork over even more $$. I can also see guys like Lynch possibly threatening to hold out.

It's not supposed to be even or fair. The team is the business, they take the financial risk. Without such risk there is no paycheques for Kam.

Now..

Speaking more from my own personal opinion rather than my business background, the NFLPA should seriously tell it's players to hunker down on their spending and prepare a big CBA fight for guaranteed contracts.

Yes without the team there are no players but without the players there is no NFL. In a business deal you use the rules and agreements to your benefit. The teams use the CBA to do what's best for them as should the players.

I was one of the very few who was on the NHL side during the last CBA lockout. I took a lot of heat and criticism from union supporters on CDC during those months. Having grown up in a business family and been in business most of my life I am usually on the side of the business. But for the NFL I can see the player's side and in some instances agree with the player.

And I agree with you on what the NFLPA should do but I don't see that happening. NFL players don't have the patience or unity to sit out a season and miss paychecks as NHL and MLB players have done in years past. Plus NFL is such a physical sport. There are so many injuries in every game and players routinely play thru injuries. If contracts were guaranteed it would be a mess as so many players would be sitting for weeks and months. Now they don't because they're afraid of losing their contract and jobs. Sucks for them but as fans this is a better set up for us.

Edited by WHL rocks

The Seahawks need to pay the man. He's the leader of the defense. He sets the tempo. The physical play of Chancellor is unmatched. Gave up 31 to the Rams!!!

After they go down 0-2, they will be forced to fork over even more $$. I can also see guys like Lynch possibly threatening to hold out.

Lynch already did that after the Super Bowl win, he got a restructured contract then.

And he just signed another extension of 3 years $31 million before this season.

Bennett isn't happy with his contract either but at least he showed up and is playing hard.

Seattle should consider trading him to a bad team like Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland and get a high 1st rounder. Whose to say if he goes to another team he doesn't pull the same thing.

He's 29 years old. Not going to get anything near a 1st for him.

Thought you were talking about Bennet...

Still you aren't going to get a 1st for Chancellor either.

Edited by Crom!

He's 29 years old. Not going to get anything near a 1st for him.

Thought you were talking about Bennet...

Still you aren't going to get a 1st for Chancellor either.

Chancellor is 27. He's still in his prime. Seattle has said they don't want to trade him. Just thinking of what happened last time they were in this situation with Steve Hutchinson and how they never recovered from losing him.