The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Terrible game by Russell. It was one of those days where he was just unlucky and got picked with every throw he made. They clearly had a off night tonight just like the Canucks. I have to say though that Lambeau is probably one of the hardest stadiums to play in. Unbelievable fan support. Seahawks just has to move on from this game and go on to the next one. Go Seahawks! 

On 2016-09-11 at 2:27 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

Romo can RIP.

Prescott already showing he's better than him. Time for Dallas to move on. Kid's special.

On 2016-09-11 at 8:53 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

Seriously? I think they Cowboys are best off with Dak regardless of which route they go. Win now, rebuild, retool...whatever it may be - he's younger, just as effective, a dual threat, fresh of breath air, and young. Don't see how you can go wrong with that.

On 2016-09-11 at 9:18 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

I've always appreciated Romo despite all the hate he's had throughout his career. He used to be a top 10 QB but people were blinded by the hate and couldn't appreciate what he did for he teams he had and how much he carried them.

However, looking at how prone he is to injury now + his age not slowing down + his inability to get it done for the Dallas organization, I just don't get why anyone would think it would all of a sudden change now...especially at this stage of his career, taking all things into consideration. He's in the decline, body doesn't hold up, and is a liability to his teammates/team. If anything, his time has passed and with him regressing, if he had got something done for that franchise, it would've been in the past. Now? Sheesh. That's a stretch.

His best days are simply behind him. Even as someone who's appreciated and genuinely liked him, I just don't see how anyone could disagree with that.

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Terrible game by Russell. It was one of those days where he was just unlucky and got picked with every throw he made. They clearly had a off night tonight just like the Canucks. I have to say though that Lambeau is probably one of the hardest stadiums to play in. Unbelievable fan support. Seahawks just has to move on from this game and go on to the next one. Go Seahawks! 

Exactly.

Graham slips on the first pick, Randall makes a fantastic play on the second one, arguably PI on the 3rd pick, and on the 4th pick, Baldwin forgets to catch the football.

I will never count out a team coached by Pete Carroll. His teams compete like no other. They have the ability to win every game they play in. Even when the Hawks were awful when he first came to Seattle they beat some pretty damn good football teams.

• Upvote 1