The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Kubiak stepping down.  Tough to see him go so soon after the championship but his health is more important.  Hopefully Wade Phillips sticks around under whoever is coming in.  Coughlin would be perfect if the rumours of him returning to coaching are true.

Hopefully the majority of the cap space goes towards fixing the offensive line and adding a solid run-stopping tackle.  QB isn't the problem, our line can't run-block or protect the QB.  Lots of quality RBs in this years draft class.

How about Tyrod Taylor a mobile QB who can throw opens up running lanes and makes it easier on the o line to run block and pass block? 

Throws a great deep ball too and Broncos have Thomas and Sanders who have good speed.

Still rather have Siemian?

Nice team win by the Seahawks this afternoon edging out the 49ers 25-23. Wilson threw 258 yards for 1 TD. Rawls got a rushing TD in the game. Hauschka nailed few clutch FGS.  Overall, it was a back and forth game. 49ers dominated the early part of the game but Seahawks are known for their clutch 2nd halfs and that was certainly the case today. What a way to end the season. A solid 10-5-1 record. Can't wait for this year's playoff run to the Super Bowl hopefully. Rep ping my Seahawks snap back and sweater for them. Go Seahawks!

Edited by Beary Sweet

20 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Apparently though some people think his influence on d is overrated since Baltimore already had a great d coordinator in Marvin Lewis before big Rexy.

Rex's 4-6 defensive scheme was figured out by the rest of the league years ago.  It no longer has a place in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

How about Tyrod Taylor a mobile QB who can throw opens up running lanes and makes it easier on the o line to run block and pass block? 

Throws a great deep ball too and Broncos have Thomas and Sanders who have good speed.

Still rather have Siemian?

I like Taylor a lot and have him as my fantasy QB.  I've seen quite a few Bills games over the previous season and he's an upgrade but not by enough to sacrifice other needed improvements. Depends on the new coach but I wouldn't give him a ton of money.

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Bye Chip Kelly.

I never wanted you here in the first place.

I'm afraid 49ers problems begin and end with ownership meddling.

Jed York is a 37 year old owner of one of the greatest pro sports franchises in history.

He ran Harbaugh out of town and know is cleaning house again.

He doesn't have the experience to be running one of the NFLs top 5 franchises historically as CEO.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I like Taylor a lot and have him as my fantasy QB.  I've seen quite a few Bills games over the previous season and he's an upgrade but not by enough to sacrifice other needed improvements. Depends on the new coach but I wouldn't give him a ton of money.

On purpose?!  I have no choice but to watch them because I've been a fan since 1980, but you do have a choice!  :lol:

17 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Nice team win by the Seahawks this afternoon edging out the 49ers 25-23. Wilson threw 258 yards for 1 TD. Rawls got a rushing TD in the game. Hauschka nailed few clutch FGS.  Overall, it was a back and forth game. 49ers dominated the early part of the game but Seahawks are known for thsir clutch 2nd halfs and that was certainly the case today. What a way to end the season. A solid 10-5-1 record. Can't wait for this year's playoff run to the Super Bowl hopefully. Rep ping my Seahawks snap back and sweater for them. Go Seahawks!

As much as I'd like to see that happen, I doubt it, Earl Thomas is out and the road to the Superbowl is Atlanta and then likely Dallas, if they hadn't stumbled on the goal line like they did this year, get those two wins against Arizona, they'd be 12-4 with a bye. 

Meh, maybe next year, if they can improve their pass protection then they'll be looking good going into 2017, Legion of Boom will still be together and their run game will be solid if healthy.

3 hours ago, Green Building said:

At least Kaep wasn't injured in his final appearance. 

Giants Packers game should be sick. 

Honestly that is the only truly good matchup on paper next week.

Not very confident in Detroit giving Seattle a good game having to go cross country and play Seattle at home where they never lose in the playoffs.

Steelers should best the Dolphins facing a backup comfortably.

Then you have Raiders and Texans which has potential to be very low scoring with another backup QB involved.