The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 2018-09-26 at 11:25 AM, c00kies said:

I would love a speedy target, as that adds to our TE heavy receiving group.

I don't have many players in mind. Maclin would be interesting, but I think I'd want someone else. In a trade, I wouldn't give up much more than a 4th, and would probably prefer to trade a 5th. I feel like players lost in depth are good choices, even if it's a bit risky.

I feel like Smith played a good role last year, as someone that can spread the field a bit, even if he was a bit underwhelming.

Yeah it's too bad Mike Wallace got hurt and is supposed to be out for the season. I thought he would be an upgrade on Torrey Smith and take pressure and attention off of Jeffery and Agholor to carry the production of the wide receivers this year.

Also Rodney McLeod blew out his knee also out for the year major bummer so far this season.

So many guys banged up with injuries.

Have not had the full 1st team offence all year.

Now McLeod goes out when Mills and Darby were struggling..

D line has to pick up the slack.

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Yeah it's too bad Mike Wallace got hurt and is supposed to be out for the season. I thought he would be an upgrade on Torrey Smith and take pressure and attention off of Jeffery and Agholor to carry the production of the wide receivers this year.

Also Rodney McLeod blew out his knee also out for the year major bummer so far this season.

So many guys banged up with injuries.

Have not had the full 1st team offence all year.

Now McLeod goes out when Mills and Darby were struggling..

D line has to pick up the slack.

Mills scares me, but Darby is hit and miss as well. McLeod is a big loss, but I guess it's "next man up" for safety. Hopefully someone can surprise, but there is still time to make moves too.

11 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

FAM:o

To be honest I think it has more to do with the technology in the gloves almost velcro these days that receivers wear.

Way better than what the old heads had to use with stick um. There was a segment on ESPN, if anyone can find it

about how much easier these gloves make catching footballs 1 handed a while back, it was when OBJ made the one hand catch the "it" trend.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

@ReggieBush Would the Seahawks take a 2nd round pick for the Eagles to rent Earl Thomas for the rest of this season?

Rodney McLeod is done for the season on IR. Could use a ballhawking Free Safety with range.

Is he willing to practice though? :P

No way on the god given earth. It would take at the very least your first, and I would guess more.

12 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

No way on the god given earth. It would take at the very least your first, and I would guess more.

What if we promise to injure the star players on teams in your division? :P

I agree it will probably take more, but we don't like giving up a lot in trades :P

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

A 1st just to rent him for 7 games plus a playoff game or two? While he cashes out with his next team?

I would pass and I think most other teams will as well.

Not like Seattle is making the playoffs this year in a stacked NFC trading Thomas would ensure a higher draft pick then you get as opposed to a comp pick that will come in 2020.

Get what you can or lose him next year when he walks?

A 2nd is a fair price I only see a team trading a 1 if he signs an extension first.

@c00kies Apparently the Eagles are also kicking the tires on LeVeon Bell. They don't have the cap space to even afford him yet without trading Foles to the 49ers for examplep, plus RB is far from the biggest need on the team right now.

I would say Safety and WR before thinking of adding depth at any other positions.

I hope Roseman is kicking the tires on renting Tyrann Mathieu if they could get him for a 4th or 5th I would pull the trigger.

9 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

A 1st just to rent him for 7 games plus a playoff game or two? While he cashes out with his next team?

I would pass and I think most other teams will as well.

Not like Seattle is making the playoffs this year in a stacked NFC trading Thomas would ensure a higher draft pick then you get as opposed to a comp pick that will come in 2020.

Get what you can or lose him next year when he walks?

A 2nd is a fair price I only see a team trading a 1 if he signs an extension first.

@c00kies Apparently the Eagles are also kicking the tires on LeVeon Bell. They don't have the cap space to even afford him yet without trading Foles to the 49ers for examplep, plus RB is far from the biggest need on the team right now.

I would say Safety and WR before thinking of adding depth at any other positions.

I hope Roseman is kicking the tires on renting Tyrann Mathieu if they could get him for a 4th or 5th I would pull the trigger.

As good as Bell is, I don't think we need an elite running back on this team, and would rather spread the cap and talent throughout. I agree we are weak at wide receiver, safety is only a concern because of injury, so you only need a temporary fill-in there (depending on how McLeod recovers).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

What about a deal with the Steelers involving Le'Veon Bell.

There is no doubting the Seahawks need a premiere RB.

The Seahawks OL group is not in the same class as the Steelers or Eagles. I feel like Bell would struggle to create on his own nevermind his money that he wants is a non starter for most teams.

I do see Bell getting traded before the deadline because Steelers ownership wants the distraction gone around the team.

Thomas situation is different because he only skips practice and not games and he is helping the Seahawks win still while Bell has no use to the Steelers anymore.

Unless Seattle loses 3 of their next 4 games or Thomas acts the fool and does something to try to get traded, I don't see Thomas getting out of Seattle unless the price is right.

23 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Seahawks OL group is not in the same class as the Steelers or Eagles. I feel like Bell would struggle to create on his own nevermind his money that he wants is a non starter for most teams.

I do see Bell getting traded before the deadline because Steelers ownership wants the distraction gone around the team.

Thomas situation is different because he only skips practice and not games and he is helping the Seahawks win still while Bell has no use to the Steelers anymore.

Unless Seattle loses 3 of their next 4 games or Thomas acts the fool and does something to try to get traded, I don't see Thomas getting out of Seattle unless the price is right.

True, the Seahawks OL is, arguably, their biggest weakness, but having two potent weapons in Wilson and Bell behind them provides the nucleus for a new running game.

The fact is, it doesn't matter who's behind that group, as it stands, the running game is going to struggle, but acquiring Bell gives them the best running option until they can build a new O-line.

Seattle will not trade for Bell. They don't need a running back. Chris Carson is really good, and on a rookie deal. They have Penny too, who hasn't shown much, but in fairness hasn't had the carries. Bell is really good, but he is not generational and he is not worth giving the contract that he is asking for.

@Chip Kelly Seattle is not a longshot for the playoffs lol. As it stands right now, they have 7 games which they will or have already won (DAL, ARI X2, SF X2, OAK, DET) then they have home games against LAC, GB, MIN, and KC all of which I think it is fair to say are winnable games, (however games they may not be favorites in). Then they play the Rams twice which will be tough (although revenge will be on their mind week 5), and a very winnable road game against Carolina.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Oh Josh...:picard:

I know he's just a rookie, but anyone who's thrown a dozen passes in their lifetime knows you never throw across your body, back against the grain....

....especially when you're in FG position. 6 point swing.<_<

Not Brett Favre