The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wow. Mahomes II is the real deal. Chased out of the pocket, stumbles a bit being chased by the defence. Then has the presence to pass a TD.

Once he learns a little bit more of timing on his throws (he overthrows a bit), that is scary this kid is going to get better!

I don't know if you clicked the link I posted above, but in that OU - Texas Tech game I was talking about, Baker Mayfield threw for 545 yards. Pretty impressive until you look at the TT stats and see that Mahomes had almost 200 yards more. He threw for 734 yards, with 5 TDs and a pick. (The INT was what won the game for OU)

Final score was 66-59 for the Sooners and one of the most amazing displays of offense I've seen in my 57 years on this planet.

Not sure who this colour guy is on the KC/SF game. But he's awesome on what he's basically teaching. 

- Difference in a running play vs. option. Use your ears the offence line will start barking and yelling on a run play.  

- A QB sneak the QB will normally be scanning the whole front line, but a QB sneak he will look straight ahead. 

The guy should be a defensive coach. 

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wow. Mahomes II is the real deal. Chased out of the pocket, stumbles a bit being chased by the defence. Then has the presence to pass a TD.

Once he learns a little bit more of timing on his throws (he overthrows a bit), that is scary this kid is going to get better!

I think its cuz of the power of his arm. Needs to learn to control it a bit and have better accuracy because with a powerful arm like that, he can just zip it into tight catch windows and not have to lead the receiver as much.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Van40 said:

@ReggieBush tampering!

Or they were just trying to get in his head. It worked because he had 2 picks.

Wasn't Earl supposed to be traded within the next 48 hours? I heard talks were heating up? Its been like this for nearly 10 months! And we thought Vancouver Sports Media was bad:lol:. Dallas sports media doesn't have a god damn clue of what goes on

6 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Gordon and Chung will be in next week. Edelman and Flowers back the week after. *Inhale* *Exhale*

I think the Pats are very lucky they play in a weak division.  These early loses would kill them in a tougher group.  Maybe they are heading back to the Pats pre Brady?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the Pats are very lucky they play in a weak division.  These early loses would kill them in a tougher group.  Maybe they are heading back to the Pats pre Brady?  

Yeah they've been saying that since 09. I'll believe it when I see it.

When you dress only 3 receivers, and 2 of them are punt returners not route running receivers, can't expect the offense to do much, especially against the coach who ran practice against this offense for 14 years. 

We were 2-2 last year and the year before, not worried. If we get to 4-4 or worse, then I'll be worried. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Yeah they've been saying that since 09. I'll believe it when I see it.

When you dress only 3 receivers, and 2 of them are punt returners not route running receivers, can't expect the offense to do much, especially against the coach who ran practice against this offense for 14 years. 

We were 2-2 last year and the year before, not worried. If we get to 4-4 or worse, then I'll be worried. 

Watch Brady connect for 2 scores to Gronk in these last six minutes to win.