The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

26 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

As someone who played a fair a bit of rugby I can't help but laugh at how pathetic some of the tackle attempts are in this league.

In high school when I played football, we were taught to look at the chest and drive through the chest and wrap our arms around the body to wrap the guy up. Of course that was a decade ago so it may have changed but that was the way were taught to do a clean tackle. 

3 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

In high school when I played football, we were taught to look at the chest and drive through the chest and wrap our arms around the body to wrap the guy up. Of course that was a decade ago so it may have changed but that was the way were taught to do a clean tackle. 

And in most instances I think that's fine. The ultimate goal is to stop a team getting yardage. But there are times when a rugby style tackle would just be more effective.

Sometimes you see attempts that just look half arsed as well. 

36 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

And in most instances I think that's fine. The ultimate goal is to stop a team getting yardage. But there are times when a rugby style tackle would just be more effective.

Sometimes you see attempts that just look half arsed as well. 

I don't understand the concept of leading with your shoulder for a tackle. It's ineffective and I see it every week. It's like these guys forgot how to tackle after playing college football