The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Two big trades so far... Demaryius Thomas to Texans.... who they play this Sunday. Golden Tate to Philly.

I'll drive Thomas to the airport.  Talented but incredibly frustrating to watch him drop passes when he's wide open.  Sutton looks promising enough that we should be using that cap somewhere else next year.  Happy to get something back in return.

57 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Suh Donald Brockers Fowler

Who the hell do you double team?

Donald and its not close. Best interior DL since Warren Sapp. With Fowler has potential, but can you really say he has put it all together yet?

I mean pass rush is important, but the trade doesn't fill the Rams biggest need which is stopping the run.

16 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Donald and its not close. Best interior DL since Warren Sapp. With Fowler has potential, but can you really say he has put it all together yet?

I mean pass rush is important, but the trade doesn't fill the Rams biggest need which is stopping the run.

I'd agree to double Donald but that still leaves the other 3, 1 on 1, unless you're consistently keeping a back in to block, which still leaves 2 guys 1 on 1.

Rams may not be able to stop the run but by eliminating the pass game and taking leads, opposition won't be trying to run much.

28 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I'd agree to double Donald but that still leaves the other 3, 1 on 1, unless you're consistently keeping a back in to block, which still leaves 2 guys 1 on 1.

Rams may not be able to stop the run but by eliminating the pass game and taking leads, opposition won't be trying to run much.

unless you get a team committed to the run. The Rams have a lot of talent, but they have chinks in the armour no doubt.

11 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Two big trades so far... Demaryius Thomas to Texans.... who they play this Sunday. Golden Tate to Philly.

He is the best YAC WR in the league. Built like a RB incredibly hard to tackle in space. Big time get since Nelson Agholor has not been as good as last year, when he broke out. Glad they kept him way from the Patriots(rumored to be interested). He would have fit in quickly with that offence. In New England the WRs and RBs are interchangeable. They could have gotten Ty Montgomery if they really wanted though too.

6 hours ago, Zach Parise said:

They shouldve traded for Ha Ha Clinton Dix , Need a better safety out there..

Haven't watched many full Rams games but generally according to PFF that John Johnson and Lamarcus Joyner were a pretty solid safety tandem.

Imo the Seahawks and the Redskins have 2 of the top 5 best safety tandems in the league right now.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

He is the best YAC WR in the league. Built like a RB incredibly hard to tackle in space. Big time get since Nelson Agholor has not been as good as last year, when he broke out. Glad they kept him way from the Patriots(rumored to be interested). He would have fit in quickly with that offence. In New England the WRs and RBs are interchangeable. They could have gotten Ty Montgomery if they really wanted though too.

Have a feeling teams weren't willing to bite on what Belichick was offering. Rumour was Belichick wanted Denver to eat some of DT's cap which obviously they weren't willing to do. I also don't think Belichick felt like Tate was worth the 3rd (of course, worst comes to worst they get it back via compensatory but its still a hefty price to pay)

• Upvote 1

On 2018-10-31 at 1:33 AM, Apple Juice said:

Have a feeling teams weren't willing to bite on what Belichick was offering. Rumour was Belichick wanted Denver to eat some of DT's cap which obviously they weren't willing to do. I also don't think Belichick felt like Tate was worth the 3rd (of course, worst comes to worst they get it back via compensatory but its still a hefty price to pay)

Amari Cooper traded for a 1st round pick set the market. Eagles probably could have gotten Tate for a 4th if Jerrah didn't inflate the market price by meeting Grudens asking price.

Oh well I guess. Just happy they made a move when they could have given up on this season with the number of injuries this year piling up.

The fact they made this move is to show they are still trying to win the division and get a home playoff game.

I still don't think they can compete with the Saints or Rams.

Hopefully they get some good news and good luck the rest of the year on injuries because this team could easily be 6-2 right now.

Been a very frustrating team to watch this year.

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Amari Cooper traded for a 1st round pick set the market. Eagles probably could have gotten Tate for a 4th if Jerrah didn't inflate the market price by meeting Grudens asking price.

Oh well I guess. Just happy they made a move when they could have given up on this season with the number of injuries this year piling up.

The fact they made this move is to show they are still trying to win the division and get a home playoff game.

I still don't think they can compete with the Saints or Rams.

Hopefully they get some good news and good luck the rest of the year on injuries because this team could easily be 6-2 right now.

Been a very frustrating team to watch this year.

TBH in the NFL, I think any team can beat anyone on any given day.