The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Just now, Neversummer said:

Couldn't wait one more week ... hated him that much?  

Rumour has it that he refused to bench Tyrod Taylor.  If Taylor gets hurt in a game, he's guaranteed almost $30 million next year.  This way they can either not pick up his option and cut him or renegotiate his contract if the next coach wants him.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Rumour has it that he refused to bench Tyrod Taylor.  If Taylor gets hurt in a game, he's guaranteed almost $30 million next year.  This way they can either not pick up his option and cut him or renegotiate his contract if the next coach wants him.

Yah, just read that Buff will be playing Jets and they wanted to avoid any PR fiasco.  And they want to give this Anthony Lynn a serious consideration.  It all makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You need a quarterback.

So does the majority of NFL teams.  That's not exactly an astute observation.  QBs have never been at more of a premium than they are now.  There are only a handful of proven good long term QBs.  They cost a fortune against the salary cap.

5 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Dallas clobbered Detroit ... was leading 35-21 in the 3rd,   Then 42-21 with 12 mins left but didn't give Romo any reps ??

If you play Romo and he throws a TD in the first few drives it just starts up a controversy to put him in at the slightest sign that Prescott is struggling in the playoffs.

Edited by Chip Kelly

"Now that being said, terms like 'cheerleader guy,' to me, maybe fall outside the bounds of critique or criticism. They fall probably more into the area of disrespect and unprofessional. But what do I know? I grew up a Dallas fan, particularly a Hollywood Henderson fan."

Love Tomlin's response to Bradshaw calling him out.  Tomlin has been granted a good group to work with but he's been a big part of the winning culture there, including a Superbowl.  Call it "cheerleading" all you want, but making sure your players are mentally prepared is a huge part of a modern coaching job.  Tomlin's certainly not afraid to innovate; just look at how many times he's gone for 2 since the PAT got moved back.

Eagles player says DeSean Jackson told him he’s returning to Philadelphia

The Washington Redskins will have multiple big decisions to make this offseason with Kirk Cousins, Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson all set to hit free agency. Washington will likely be able to re-sign two of the three, but it sounds like one of them is already setting his eyes on one particular team in 2017.

Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham said Monday that Jackson told him he’s planning to return to Philadelphia next season. The two have been linked in recent months, hinting at a possible reunion, but Graham’s comments make it seem like a sure thing.

“It’s an exciting feeling to get an Eagle back,” Graham said Monday, via CSNPhilly.com. “I’m excited because he should have never left. Everybody knows that DeSean, yes, things were happening while he was here, but he’s a good guy. I used to be with him all the time.”

9489415-desean-jackson-nfl-preseason-washington-redskins-atlanta-falcons.jpg

Graham continued by saying this:

“I’m just happy because I kinda knew already. I’ve talked to him. I talked to him when Doug (Pederson) got hired. He was like, ‘Tell Coach come get me.’ We have fun during the season. He’s like, ‘B.G., I’ll be back.’ But now that it’s official, as far as the season about to be over, I think you’ll be hearing a lot of noise about DeSean. … I’m saying official as far as the end of season, now we’re gonna really see.”

Graham isn’t the only one out there saying Jackson will be back in an Eagles uniform next season. Former teammate LeSean McCoy said the same thing in a live Instagram video over the weekend, telling his followers that Jackson told him he’s going back to Philly.

The one thing that could make his reunion with the Eagles difficult is money. Jackson is certain to field numerous offers from teams across the league as he’s proved he can still be a big-play threat despite being on the wrong side of 30.

He’ll likely reach 1,000 yards again this season, sitting just 29 yards from the mark. If he does, it’ll be his fifth such season and second with the Redskins.

For another week, at least, he’ll be a member of Washington’s team, which is still vying for a playoff berth. We just can’t help imagining him in the Eagles’ offense, which is desperate for wide receiver help.

Redskins fans can't be happy about this. Already thinking of going back to a division rival. What's to stop him from making business decisions to preserve himself for free agency?

Instead of going all out to beat the Giants on Sunday and get in the playoffs?

Not a good look it is well known the interest of a D Jack reunion is mutual because bringing him back would be the ultimate &^@# You!!! to Chip Kelly since he was the first original guy that was forced out from the Andy Reid era.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Realistically speaking, the only team that can knock out the Patriots from the playoffs are the Steelers. Everyone keeps thinking the Chiefs will knock us out but have you forgotten last year? It's a much different story when you play the Patriots at Gillette Stadium vs when they're on the road.

8 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Realistically speaking, the only team that can knock out the Patriots from the playoffs are the Steelers. Everyone keeps thinking the Chiefs will knock us out but have you forgotten last year? It's a much different story when you play the Patriots at Gillette Stadium vs when they're on the road.

I thought that too. But this year could be different with this explosive rookie Tyreek Hill on the Chiefs.

He reminds me of a young Percy Harvin. Just a weapon that you can line up anywhere to create a mismatch.

He has changed their offence from being all Travis Kelce to an offence which can be explosive. Hill is an all round weapon who is a home run threat on screens, handoffs, deep passes, and of course punt and kick returns. 

32 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

This why I am cheering for the Dolphins in the AFC plus Jay Ajayi is a straight beast. Toughest dude in the league and does with a British accent. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOjdcpgem50

Yea it would be nice to see them go on a run. On another note Jeremy Hill quietly went the entire season without a fumble. Just too bad his like couldn't create running zones for him. 

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

For the love of football, please...please....don't let this wanabe coach ever again!

If he is smart the easy coin is as a talking head on ESPN or Fox and way less stress than coaching.

Gruden and Cowher and Dungy have all figured it out.

Too bad for Rex he lacks a Super Bowl ring which all the 3 others have.

Michael Bennett signs a 3 year extension with the Seahawks worth $31.5 mill with $17.5 mill guaranteed. Nice to have the defensive end locked up for a few more years as he has been having a solid season registering 22 tackles along with 4 sacks. Hope he keeps up his phenomenal play on the Seahawks D line.

13 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Michael Bennett signs a 3 year extension with the Seahawks worth $31.5 mill with $17.5 mill guaranteed. Nice to have the defensive end locked up for a few more years as he has been having a solid season registering 22 tackles along with 4 sacks. Hope he keeps up his phenomenal play on the Seahawks D line.

I wonder if his brother tried getting him to come sign with the Patriots in the offseason. I remember I think it was mentioned on air in the Hawks/Pats game a couple weeks ago that Martellus was hoping his bro would come to New England and play there with him... Not exactly sure if that's what was said but I remember it was mentioned