The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Thats a good team.. I don't think you will like you TEs though and your Def is nothing fantastic either but you can always pick up def on the waiver wire. I'd suggest Cleveland as a sleeper..

Personally myself I will be looking for RB and TE early, I think the depth at those two positions are much worse than others

Oh yeah not a fan of my TE either but the depth in that position is atrocious , even worse than RB

Oh yeah not a fan of my TE either but the depth in that position is atrocious , even worse than RB

Yes exactly, if your in another league try drafting those positions first and see how your team looks. I think the difference between say Graham vs Bennet would benefit you on week to week basis and being stuck say with Eli vs Rogers or Dez vs Megatron(just picking names off the top of my head don't hold me to the rankings lol).

But don't get me wrong still looks good. I think CJ will return to his true form again, megatron won't get the yards but his TDs should be up from last year. Bush is an unknown but I bet he has a good year. Out of curiosity did anyone take Vincent Brown from the chargers?

Yes exactly, if your in another league try drafting those positions first and see how your team looks. I think the difference between say Graham vs Bennet would benefit you on week to week basis and being stuck say with Eli vs Rogers or Dez vs Megatron(just picking names off the top of my head don't hold me to the rankings lol).

But don't get me wrong still looks good. I think CJ will return to his true form again, megatron won't get the yards but his TDs should be up from last year. Bush is an unknown but I bet he has a good year. Out of curiosity did anyone take Vincent Brown from the chargers?

I was just about too but the guy before me took him.. he should be a good late draft pick up

And yeah your right about the TE situation but say aside from maybe the top 4 TE the rest will net you around the similar lines of production imo. And the trend for most drafts this year so far have been scooping up RB's fast.

Edited by Strawberries

I have one final spot open in a league I'm in, If anyones interested. It's free to join. Just try to make sure your going to be committed. Hate when people stop seting rosters half way through the season. If anyones interested let me know. The draft is Monday, Sep 2 8:30pm EST.

So if you're in a snake draft for the NFL. And you pick last in the first round and first in the second round.

Do you take a RB/QB? Or QB/WR? Or RB/TE?

Depends on how many teams are in your league, but ya RB/RB or maybe RB/TE say if your in a 14 team league. The only reason why I say that is because I beleive Jimmy Graham will be a step above every other TE this year, and that would be a nice advantage for you. Wait on QB, its a deep year for them especially with all the rushing QBs

12 team league.

Ya check out Matthew Berry's rankings, I like him I tend to agree with him.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/NFLDK2K13_Berry_200/matthew-berry-top-200-overall-fantasy-football-rankings-2013

Looking at those maybe go Chris Johnson Matt Forte first two picks? Then maybe WR, WR(would be Cruz and Andre Johnson) then could have Witten or Gonzalez with either Stafford or Kapernick as your following two picks. That would be decent start...just my opinion tho I am far from a guru

This is my team in a pool I do with my friends, we pitch in $20 each, first place gets $140, second place gets $40 and third place gets their original $20 back. It's not point per reception, just standard points for rec yards, rec td, rush yards, rush td, pass yd, pass td..etc

What do you guys think?

QB: Peyton Manning

WR: Julio Jones

WR: James Jones

WR: Danny Amendola

RB: Marshawn Lynch

RB: Frank Gore

TE: Jason Witten

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex 1: Chris Givens

Flex 2: Ryan Broyles

D/ST: St Louis

Bench: Lance Moore, DeAndre Hopkins, Daryl Richardson, Alex Smith

This is my team in a pool I do with my friends, we pitch in $20 each, first place gets $140, second place gets $40 and third place gets their original $20 back. It's not point per reception, just standard points for rec yards, rec td, rush yards, rush td, pass yd, pass td..etc

What do you guys think?

QB: Peyton Manning

WR: Julio Jones

WR: James Jones

WR: Danny Amendola

RB: Marshawn Lynch

RB: Frank Gore

TE: Jason Witten

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex 1: Chris Givens

Flex 2: Ryan Broyles

D/ST: St Louis

Bench: Lance Moore, DeAndre Hopkins, Daryl Richardson, Alex Smith

Looks not bad to me. Personally I think James Jones will underperform this year compared to whats expected of him but your running backs and tight ends look pretty solid to me.

Actually wouldn’t mind some feedback on mine as well. I’m in a 10 team league with same basic scoring as the guy above me. My league has no flex though.

QB: Colin Kaepernick

RB: Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush

WR: Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace

TE: Tony Gonzalez

K: Justin Tucker

DEF: Cincinnati

Bench: Tavon Austin, Giovani Bernard, Michael Floyd, Tony Romo, Brandon Pettigrew, Andre Brown.

gotta go for those QBs who throw the ball a lot more than the ones you think are better overall. Is Matt Stafford as good a QB as someone like Aaron Rogers? Hell, no and their QB ratings prove it but Detroit has a limited run game so he throws way more passes than any other QB in the league, not surprisingly he had the second most passing yards last year in the league.

Colin Kaepernick is a terrible choice in a fantasy pool, he just doesnt throw the ball very often and his running nowhere near makes up for it. 13 games as a starter last year for 1813 yards. Thats downright terrible for fantasy points. Thats average 139 yards per game. Peyton averaged 291. Stafford 310.

Edited by Offensive Threat

gotta go for those QBs who throw the ball a lot more than the ones you think are better overall. Is Matt Stafford as good a QB as someone like Aaron Rogers? Hell, no and their QB ratings prove it but Detroit has a limited run game so he throws way more passes than any other QB in the league, not surprisingly he had the second most passing yards last year in the league.

Colin Kaepernick is a terrible choice in a fantasy pool, he just doesnt throw the ball very often and his running nowhere near makes up for it. 13 games as a starter last year for 1813 yards. Thats downright terrible for fantasy points. Thats average 139 yards per game. Peyton averaged 291. Stafford 310.

Idk about running doesn't make up for it. I respect your opinion but if your qb can run for 50 yards a game that's an extra 5 points where he would then need to throw 150 yards in the scoring format of the league im in to match that. I feel confident in Kaepernick, but my only concern is that when they get close to the goal line the ball won't be in his hands as much as Gore's.

Looks not bad to me. Personally I think James Jones will underperform this year compared to whats expected of him but your running backs and tight ends look pretty solid to me.

Yeah I'm pretty iffy about James Jones as well, but with no Jennings and an injured Nelson, I have to think that with Aaron Rodgers throwing him to him he should at least hit 1000 yards and near double digit TD's.