The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If they really want to fill the stands, they'll run a "Bring your wives and kids for free" promotion.....

Utah is a good football state for the most part. The utes and byu draw some big crowds. Dont knock the statte because of salt lake.

1 minute ago, Isam said:

Nothing taken. Most aaf markets arent doing that great. It is decent football though as long as hackenburg isn't playing

So far I've seen three big highlights....

One was a sack, where the QB's helmet got knocked off and went 10 yards, another was a QB throwing a blind pass over his shoulder that somehow went for a completion and the third was a dog setting a world record with an 83 yard Frisbee catch....:lol:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So far I've seen three big highlights....

One was a sack, where the QB's helmet got knocked off and went 10 yards, another was a QB throwing a blind pass over his shoulder that somehow went for a completion and the third was a dog setting a world record with an 83 yard Frisbee catch....:lol:

I would sign that dog if i were the steelers. They are gonna need a receiver who can pop the top off of defenses.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pretty hard for me to feel sorry for Pittsburgh. If it wasn't for the other teams in the AFC East (and the cowboys) the Steelers would be my least favorite team.

Agree, but i find it funny that captain fat &^@# leader of men (big ben) is gonna have a harder time blaming everybody on the steelers for all his &^@#ups this up coming season. Couldn't have happened to a classier guy.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Isam said:

Agree, but i find it funny that captain fat &^@# leader of men (big ben) is gonna have a harder time blaming everybody on the steelers for all his &^@#ups this up coming season. Couldn't have happened to a classier guy.

I'm a little surprised Big Ben isn't on the Juniper, Florida list

• Haha 2

I hope the AAF puts the CFL out of business or better yet makes them adopt American rules.  Enough with this BS, stop trying to re-live the glory days of the past.  The CFL is like a lady, sure once she was beautiful but she's old now and that plug needs to be pulled out of sheer empathy. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Isam said:

Utah is a good football state for the most part. The utes and byu draw some big crowds. Dont knock the statte because of salt lake.

There are plenty of places in the West and South of the US where college football is more popular than the NFL.  BYU is a Mormon college to boot so it will always do well there.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

There are plenty of places in the West and South of the US where college football is more popular than the NFL.  BYU is a Mormon college to boot so it will always do well there.

Yeah do agree. Provo would have done well hosting this league.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pears said:

Not really sure why we would trade him when we’re pretty shallow at WR after Green and Boyd. 

Picked him top 10 only 2 years ago.

Probably overdrafted because of his speed. 

Shows why 40 is overrated I guess. Lot of 1st round flops who were speed guys like Tavon Austin and Phillip Dorsett.

Ross added to the list maybe.

He has the modern combine record for fastest 40 lazer timed.

He beat Chris Johnson's record.

I know he had some injury issues and Andy Dalton doesn't have a great arm to go deep.

Other than that... I can't think of why they would trade him unless, he had his agent ask for a trade like Dahlen.

Could be a steal if a team gets him for cheap.

20 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Picked him top 10 only 2 years ago.

Probably overdrafted because of his speed. 

Shows why 40 is overrated I guess. Lot of 1st round flops who were speed guys like Tavon Austin and Phillip Dorsett.

Ross added to the list maybe.

He has the modern combine record for fastest 40 lazer timed.

He beat Chris Johnson's record.

I know he had some injury issues and Andy Dalton doesn't have a great arm to go deep.

Other than that... I can't think of why they would trade him unless, he had his agent ask for a trade like Dahlen.

Could be a steal if a team gets him for cheap.

Dpnt put much stock in the forty. Put more emphasis in the 3 cone drill and the shuttle run

• Upvote 1