The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Can't wait for Sunday!!!! Tom & Manning once again, always a sensational game. Beyond me though he ow the game is a 1:30 PT start and not the Sunday nighter...bonehead scheduling but whatever, psyched either way for another classic! :towel:

Tale of the Tape < > in 15 head-to-head matchups

PEYTON

Wins: 5

Pass YPG: 291

TD-INT: 31-20

Comp pct: 63%

BRADY

Wins: 10

Pass YPG: 245

TD-INT: 27-12

Comp pct: 67%

1891402_10152586946236263_83866625507817

Worst thing about a Broncos - Patriots match up is that someone has to win. :P

Best thing is that someone has to lose. B) (I know, it could be a tie, but I doubt it)

That would be so awkward is a Manning-Brady matchup ended in a draw but hey, could happen...was close last year :lol:

Loading up on the Pats over Broncos straight up

I’m coming for your money Playnow

Did a 4 bet parlay today on Playnow, you won't believe the odds

Bulls to beat Knicks by at least 4

Under 200 points in Raptors Hawks game

Under 206.5 points in Pistons Nuggets game

OKC to keep the score within 9 points, or win against Portland

$4, yes, four dollars, pays out $114

Those are some pretty favourable "odds". Hope you bring home da mooonnneeeeeeyyyyy :P

As for Magician, I never bet on games like this with Tom & Peyton. Just too unpredictable what will happen with 2 of the all time greats so I just back off from them.

Should I follow suit? Hopefully it lucks out for both of us? :D

EDIT: nvm... Didn't realize it was for today's games haha.. Anyways it wouldn't have come through because of OKC losing and the Raptors Hawks game was over 200 points

Edited by Apple Juice

I did a 5 dollar ticket last week on 10 NFL point spread games, 6 NHL games, and the one World Series game. I got 4/6 hockey right, 6/10 NFL right, and the World Series game right. It was a shame cause it paid $497,000 lololol.

Edited by The Magician

Watching NFL Network and just found out on the note of cap, Patriots have the lowest payroll in the NFL at $98 million.

Yup, like I said, Peyton's worst wide receiver has an equal to, or greater skill level than Tom's best receiver. Personally, for me, it makes what Tom is able to do much more impressive since given all the weapons, it's expected of Peyton to do real well, but I'm not taking anything away from Peyton or the Broncos because I personally like that Elway has given the Broncos all the tools they need. Wish BB did that.

Both DeMaryius and Julius Thomas just rejected extension offers this week...big paydays coming up = will be a lot of moving pieces eventually to make things work.

I think Elway saw that coming hence all the money they spent on defense this year to try and get that ring before the team disperses. There is no way both Thomas's stay on the team next year unless one or both of them take huge salary cuts. They both should, and will get #1 money at their positions and might just be the highest paid at their position.

Should I follow suit? Hopefully it lucks out for both of us? :D

EDIT: nvm... Didn't realize it was for today's games haha.. Anyways it wouldn't have come through because of OKC losing and the Raptors Hawks game was over 200 points

Yeah, I lost, lol, but oh well, the low risk of $4 for a high payout of nearly 100$ was worth it.

I personally like to stay to these small kind of bets, because even if I lose 20 of these in a row (80$ loss) but win the 21st, I win back all the lost money and then some.

^^

You think Julius would be good if he didn't have peyton manning as his qb?

I think Julius Thomas' numbers would definitely drop in an offense where the defense doesn't have to also cover Demariyus Thomas, Wes Welker and Eric Decker/Emmanuel Sanders, but he would still produce starting TE numbers. This is just my opinion, but I don't see the game breaking, one man wrecking crew ability in Thomas that you see in guys like Gronk, Graham and I'd even throw Gates and Olsen in that list. But there will be more than a few GMs out there who will pay him.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I think Julius Thomas' numbers would definitely drop in an offense where the defense doesn't have to also cover Demariyus Thomas, Wes Welker and Eric Decker/Emmanuel Sanders, but he would still produce starting TE numbers. This is just my opinion, but I don't see the game breaking, one man wrecking crew ability in Thomas that you see in guys like Gronk, Graham and I'd even throw Gates and Olsen in that list. But there will be more than a few GMs out there who will pay him.

Well I look at Erik decker who's done nothing since he left manning. But then again it's geno smith

Also I find it comical that Jerry jones went down to the field Monday to tell jason to put romo in.

I mean he should just make himself the coach too..and start himself at qb while he's at it too

Can you imagine being a multi-billionaire that can essentially play "Madden Football" with an actual real life NFL football team instead of just a pretend team on a TV screen.