The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

yep costly fumble and pick in the end zone in the first half and defence letting 2 huge touchdowns hurt. But still we had a chance to win that game

That's why I'm still positive. We didn't play very well and still had a chance to win.

That said, we need a safety. Rumours are we're looking hard for one, so I'm curious to see who we can pick up.

The offense was also careless with ball, especially in the first half. That has to be cleaned up.

Edit: Would have been nice to challenge the ball spot on the Polk run, as it looked like he had the first down, but those rarely get overturned. I'm also a little mad that the refs consolidated and reversed the correct horse-collar tackle, but that didn't cost us the game.

Edited by c00kies

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL · 3h 3 hours ago

Per @MortReport, the @Seahawks have grown tired of Marshawn Lynch's ways and he's not expected to return next season.

He is an Oakland guy clearly. Bet he ends up on the Raiders. He can do whatever he wants there and no one will care plus he can go back to his hood.

Chip is an idiot, a QB sneak gets you a TD for sure but instead he does a shotgun run. I hate that cow.

That is a little much but I do agree 2 times now in a row the game was there to be won from the 1 yard line and the team couldn't get in. Instead of kicking a field goal and trusting the d. Eagles should have trusted McCoy to squeeze in.

At the very least then Arizona is backed up all the way inside their own 5 yard line even if they got stuffed.

Redzone offence has been brutal this year whether running or throwing. They should have thrown a fade to Riley Cooper too instead on the last play of the game. But they go with Ertz and Matthews who are not as good jump ball receivers as Cooper has shown he can do in the redzone in the past.

The game was frustrating to watch. Once again the offence made mistakes and the d hustled but just doesn't have the talent to stop big mistakes from happening.

They have to get the redzone offence figured out. The defence is what it is.

They missed Sproles.. he could have been used as a receiver out of the backfield or at the very least draw attention away for another guy to make a play.

2 physical d's in the 49ers and Cardinals have made this offence look average which is concerning.

The team clearly can't consistently run the ball which is why Chip doesn't have confidence to pound it in on short yardage situations especially in the red zone.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

Man the Packers cannot stop the run. Let's hope the bye allows Burnett Shields and ARod to all heal up! Not sure how serious Lang's injury is but hppefully its not too bad. Liked Eddie Lacy's game tonight, and apart from a few rookie mistakes, really liking what Davante Adams beings to the table.

screen-shot-2014-10-26-at-4-25-16-pm-1.p

BIMwDq4.gif

There doesn't get any more of a textbook PI play than that. Defenders would be called for much less than this, too. Clear extended arms, pushing, whether the momentum helped is irrelevant, Smith impeded his ability to make a fair play on the ball. Easiest PI call all weekend, 10 out of 10 times.

screen-shot-2014-10-26-at-4-25-16-pm-1.p

BIMwDq4.gif

There doesn't get any more of a textbook PI play than that. Defenders would be called for much less than this, too. Clear extended arms, pushing, whether the momentum helped is irrelevant, Smith impeded his ability to make a fair play on the ball. Easiest PI call all weekend, 10 out of 10 times.

Still Offensive P.I is such a rare call even when it is clear and blatant. Smith should have been more subtle and jumped to show he was making a play on the ball instead of just pushing the db aside.

If he made more of an effort to locate the ball at the highest point he would have got away with more contact and I think they let it go.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

The NFL needs to come out with a weekly divers list.

Just saw the PI call on Steve Smith, the Ravens were robbed of a win. That CB went down quicker and easier than an NBA player in the paint. Wow, flat out embarrassing. And I hate the Ravens.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles
  • Upvote 1

On the NFL trade deadline... trades are very rare midseason because it is hard for a player to get acclimated to a new system and playing with new teammates especially if he has been with a team for a number of years and is used to playing a particular way.

At this point I don't put much stock in the Vincent Jackson rumors and Philly being among a handful of teams kicking the tires on him.

He has a big contract and is 31 so I wouldn't want to give up more than a 4th rounder for him plus he has to come in and learn a new offence mid-season.

He would help right away though and help give the Eagles a legit #2 receiver opposite Maclin and an accomplished jump ball redzone wr with his size and physicality.

A safety would help too but I think the Eagles corners are not very good either. Fletcher has been average and Cary Williams at his salary and mouth don't match his production.

For this year I think Vincent Jackson would probably help more than say trading for a guy like Michael Griffin on the Titans who has been shaky at times this season.

They are not many quality safeties out there and I don't think it would make as big of an impact compared to having Vincent Jackson.

This team was supposed to be carried by the offence anyways. The defence is doing what everyone thought they would do. Which is hustle and be slightly improved from last year which they are.

The offence is missing a #2 receiver to complement Maclin and would open things up for McCoy with another play maker on the outside for teams to worry about.

Man, the Jets are really pathetic ... botched trick play:

http://vine.co/v/OhlhwHUzeVn

I didn't get to see the game live, but I've seen the replay several times and I think people are wrong to blame Harvin on this one.

I think he was ready to throw the ball to whoever that was, that was trying to look invisible, but he saw the Bills' onrushing defender and decided (correctly, IMO) that throwing the ball was going to result in a pick 6.

They should be blaming whoever came up with such a poorly designed gadget play in the first place. My guess would be the special teams coach.

BTW: As someone who's reffed a few hundred football games in my day, I believe that the correct call was made in the Bengals-Ravens game. The Bengals defender had established position and was likely to knock the ball away, if not pick it off. Smith grabbed the front of his jersey and threw him aside.

That gets a flag from me every time.