The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

you have some sort of real deep hate towards the Pats don't you? Like you cherry picked me. I said, "Brady doesn't have any weapons, he makes them. Manning has everything and he still sucks. Give me a break."

You seem really really sore the Pats are doing as well as they are. He has Gronk. Cool. Was Gronk always a beast? No, Brady worked and put in countless hours for those 2 to be where they are now. Brady makes his weapons. He's not gift wrapped all his targets ready to go. He makes 95% of what he has to work with.

Oh yea, and Minitron, the always reliable WR catching machine right? Wrong smartass. He was a QB, Pats drafted him, changed him into a special units guy, then a defensive back, and then a WR after Welker was gone. Brady made him. Did Manning make anyone? Not even close to what Brady has done. Just drink your hatorade and go to sleep.

You think Brady made Gronk.... Honestly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

You know he had 10TDs in 11 starts his first season right? And that he had a TD a game his final year at Arizona? He has always been a beast. He could have me throwing to him and put up 10TDs a year.

I don't know how some Pats fans can ignore this during their Brady jock riding sessions. Gronk is arguably the most dangerous weapon in the game.

But seriously though, it must have been hard for Brady to train Gronk to steamroll 3 defensive backs on his way to the endzone after a short route :lol:

Edited by Jägermeister

Also, did Manning make anyone... :lol:

Ever heard of Emmanuel Sanders? He was a pretty big deal this year.

I honestly feel bad for the knowledgable Pats fans on here when you have to deal with guys like that representing your team :lol:

Edited by Jägermeister

Carolina's letting Arizona stay in this game. They should pull away in the 2nd half, unless they decide to give Arizona some more free possessions via turn overs.

As for the Eagles/Mariota talk, don't see it happening. The Bucs NEED a young, bonafide, franchise QB to grow with and lead the offense with Mike Evans and Doug Martin. They're going to put a near impossible price tag on Mariota if other teams want him, especially other NFC teams. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for Foles, Ertz and a couple 1st round picks and some later round picks.

As for Gronk, dude was a straight beast at Arizona. Broke the school records for rec yards and touchdowns by a tight end in his freshman year. He was also an All American and All Pac 10. His dominance in the NFL, while it may be surprising how dominant he is because of how much effort he put in to getting even better from college to pros, it shouldn't come as too big of a surprise that he's succeeding in the NFL if you watched him play in College. I was jumping for joy out of my mind when we drafted him.

As for Edelman, like Welker, he wouldn't be where he is today without Brady/Belichick. They/ he [belichick] saw something in both those players that other coaches didn't and turned into slot receiver superstars.

Oh, and wildcard predictions:

Carolina, Pitt, Indy, and can't land on 1 in the Det/Dal game. I like both teams and wish they weren't playing each other in the wildcard. Though, I think..Detroit can do it. But I wouldn't be upset with either outcome.

Philly would have to do Foles and 2 firsts for the Bucs pick imo. Of course it also depends on how much the Bucs value Mariota. I wouldn't go crazy and replicate the rg3 deal.

I think Tampa Coverts Winston. If you look at Winstons game he actually didn't have a bad one statistically. As much as I hate Winston he has the more accurate arm and is an elite pocket passer. This is what I have been gathering from the ESPN college analysts. Most think Winston will translate to the NFL better then Mariota.

Mariota needs chip as much as chip needs Mariota and I think a deal will get done with a team picking after #1