The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Disclaimer: I'm mostly laughing at DelflateGate and I don't for a second think it made any difference in the game because you could have played the AFCCG on the moon and the Pats would still have annhilated the Colts.

That being said, Brady isn't doing himself any favors in this press conference. He claims he didn't notice anything wrong with the balls or notice any difference between halves. How does D’Qwell Jackson notice the ball is underinflated with only one touch and Tom doesn't notice it at all?

It's Thursday, and Brady says the NFL still hasn't talked to him about the balls.

What a joke this commissioner and his staff is. Who knows what they've actually been doing in their offices over this 4 day and counting "investigation."

"Alright guys, apparently there were deflated balls used by New England that were supposed to help the quarterback. Let's not talk to the quarterback."

Disclaimer: I'm mostly laughing at DelflateGate and I don't for a second think it made any difference in the game because you could have played the AFCCG on the moon and the Pats would still have annhilated the Colts.

That being said, Brady isn't doing himself any favors in this press conference. He claims he didn't notice anything wrong with the balls or notice any difference between halves. How does D’Qwell Jackson notice the ball is underinflated with only one touch and Tom doesn't notice it at all?

It's like asking how does the head of NCAA officiating and a veteran NFL referee not notice and say something to anyone, but a linebacker who had his first interception of the year can notice right away.

Comes back to the interesting point that the former Chicago ball boy made: he said a lot of times the refs in their pre game inspection of the balls had the pressure gauge around, but never used it to check the precise pressure of the balls, but instead just went by feel of the ball and okayed them. Not saying that's what happened here, but who knows.

If the NFL still hasn't talked to Brady 5 days later, who knows if they've even talked to Walt Anderson.

It's like asking how does the head of NCAA officiating and a veteran NFL referee not notice and say something to anyone, but a linebacker who had his first interception of the year can notice right away.

Comes back to the interesting point that the former Chicago ball boy made: he said a lot of times the refs in their pre game inspection of the balls had the pressure gauge around, but never used it to check the precise pressure of the balls, but instead just went by feel of the ball and okayed them. Not saying that's what happened here, but who knows.

If the NFL still hasn't talked to Brady 5 days later, who knows if they've even talked to Walt Anderson.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to absolve the NFL of their role in it I was just saying Tom really should have thought his arguments out a bit better. At least Bill was smart enough to stick to "I've told you everything I know" and "I have no explanation."

CNN broke to "Breaking News" in the middle of their program ..... for Brady's press conference.

I, I, I don't even know what to say. I thought there was another ISIS attack or something. But nope. Just whether a ball weighed 700 grams or 800 grams.

Yeah I was watching the presser live on CBCNewsworld or whatever they call themselves these days. I was flipping through the channels looking for it and was shocked when that was the one I found it on.

After seeing BB and TB speak out today, really is an unfortunate situation. It's not like this is a huge deal or anything, it's a pretty small issue really. For this small thing to snowball and become this covers up what the Pats have gone through and done this year. Really was an excellent season and how they turned it around from first few weeks.

I mean it's such a quality team and now they have this dumb thing shadowing them and overlooking their success. It's a shame and I feel for my Pats. Hope this doesn't distract them and are 100% ready for the game. I mean yea it's really suspicious how no one knows how the balls got deflated and I get why people have their concerns. I believe Bill b/c it doesn't have any connection to him but Tom says he likes it at the minimum and magically it was below it. I'm sure it was the equipment guys who messed up and it sucks no one has owned up to it because it couldn't happen on its own. But at the same time, the refs touched the ball on every play and didn't know about it so it's not like it was just the Pats saying we couldn't tell the difference because the officials couldn't either.

Such a small thing and it's blown out of proportion like the Pats stole the Colts playbook or something. And just the thing Tom played better in the 2nd half pretty much puts it to sleep. Oh well, and the NFL is being stupid too. Haven't called Brady so what's he supposed to say other than that he doesn't know? Onus is on the leagues refs and they missed it so pointing the finger at the Pats is pretty pathetic.

image_zps53442921.jpg

Oh, and kudos to ESPN for exposure to use Brian Dawkins - SB loss to Patriots - and Jerome Bettis - 2 AFC title losses to Pats - in studio to provide analysis after the interview. Lmao : D

Ikr. I was laughing my ass off at Bettis. He said yesterday he was still salty from the AFC game + “SpyGate” and everyone on their panel was laughing.

@CockyTomBrady:

Deflate gate is dead, America knows, go frack yourself Nebraska.

B7_au_XIUAIWnww.jpg

Sums it up.

I just find it bizarre that Brady didn't mention the size of the balls before this conspiracy came out. If he likes his balls a certain size, he should've noticed a difference in the ball size quite early in the game and shared this information with other Patriots staff. It also sounds like he was fussy about the ball size and wouldn't have just played on with differently sized balls.

It just doesn't add up to me.