The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago

The #Patriots are keeping S Devin McCourty after a hard push from the #Jaguars, the #Eagles and the #Giants.

@tomecurran: From @McCourtyTwins (d-mac). "I'm back."

Told ya some guys have character and cherish winning more than a couple extra million.

D-Mac signed for 9 mill. 5 years 47 mill. I'm sure Eagles and Giants must've offered 12+

Edit: Hearing Revis and McCourty became real close friends over the past year and that they both decided to stay together to keep, as they put it, the best secondary in the NFL in tact. God I hope this is true, c'mon Revis, sign on the dotted line.

Edit 2: I hope they didn't choose D-Mac over Revis if it was a one or the other situation. Shut down CB > cover safety.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Jags and Murray's agent discussing numbers now. Dallas shooting themselves in the foot imo. It's not a given they get AP, there will be a handful of teams in on him. If they don't get him and lose Murray, they frack up big time.

Most years yes, but this draft is super deep. Lots of second day backs available. I think TJ Yeldon would look pretty good running behind that line

Wow that's really suprising McCourty is staying.

How the hell can they afford Revis too? Wtf

With Revis' 25 mill cap hit, Patriots total salary count is at $153,291,131

Remove his 25 mill, and they're at 128. We could hypothetically make him the highest paid CB and still be under the projected 150 cap limit.

But I'm hoping they structure it so his cap hit is in the 13-15 range (Sherman money) but he can still get the money he wants.

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 4m4 minutes ago

Key to McCourty deal will likely be lower cap hit in years 1 and 2.. Prob big roster bonus before year 3. That would allow for Revis cap hit

Edited by NucksPatsFan

With Revis' 25 mill cap hit, Patriots total salary count is at $153,291,131

Remove his 25 mill, and they're at 128. We could hypothetically make him the highest paid CB and still be under the projected 150 cap limit.

But I'm hoping they structure it so his cap hit is in the 13-15 range (Sherman money) but he can still get the money he wants.

Okay yeah your numbers a bit offbut yeah it's possible. Damn!

Yep Chip likes north-south runners which resulted in McCoy's departure with his regression and not fitting chip's mold. Frank will be a north-south runner while we have Sproles to be a lesser McCoy.

Hope we acquire Crabtree or a top wr so we aren't shallow there. Also hope mathews steps up next season

Matthews was pretty good in his first year, and I expect him to be quite a bit better this season. No reason to think he won't get 1000+ yards.

Edited by c00kies

Matthews was pretty good in his first year, and I expect him to be quite a bit better this season. No reason to think he won't get 1000+ yeards.

he wasn't matched up with the shermans and Petersons though. Just worried to have him as #1 and Cooper #2

he wasn't matched up with the shermans and Petersons though. Just worried to have him as #1 and Cooper #2

Cooper shouldn't be #2 lol. We are missing a #1 now that Maclin left, but getting two more WRs would be great to push Matthews away from #1 and Cooper down to #4.

• Upvote 1