The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

This thread is practically a NE Pats thread, almost all the content is about deflate gate or Brady when he comes back lol. Why don't we talk about something else for a change.

How bout dem Jags?

Well, you tried.

So how about them Pats?

This thread is practically a NE Pats thread, almost all the content is about deflate gate or Brady when he comes back lol. Why don't we talk about something else for a change.

How bout dem Jags?

This type of post happens every once in a while. What results is the Pats talk stops, and so does everything else and the thread goes silent for a few days until someone talking about the Pats bumps it back up.

Hope TJ Yeldon has a big year.

Also, lol @ 'PED suspension Friday' yesterday.

In all seriousness, are Gillette Stadium tailgate parties always this boring? The guy had to break out a sock puppet to spice things up.... lol

What are you expecting? Exotic Dancers? Bands? Fireworks? It's a social thing to have some food, talk football, a few tasty beverages. Mingling and socializing. I didn't realise the job was to entertain people walking in.

• Upvote 1

I'm terms of talent the jags a ton of. What will be the difference between a poor season and a successful season for the jags will be the ability to a) protect bortles and allow him to make the wright decisions B) keep the defense off the the field. Being a hawk fan I know many pieces on the jags. So offensively they need to pound the ball on the ground effiecientnly and use play action to catch the defense off guard. C) they need to get the ball to there playmakers. Marquise lee is an electric talent when he gets the ball in space he is unreal. Julius Thomas is a match up problem so they have an advantage there as well. They also have young receivers that are polished route runners, which again should help bortles.

I'd expect another rough season for the Jags. Bortles has all the tools, but I think he's going to take a while to get it all figured out at the pro level. Another high pick adding another playmaker on D (with the addition of Fowler being back for next year), could be enough to see them push for the playoffs in 2 seasons.

What are you expecting? Exotic Dancers? Bands? Fireworks? It's a social thing to have some food, talk football, a few tasty beverages. Mingling and socializing. I didn't realise the job was to entertain people walking in.

I expect tailgate parties like we have at Ralph Wilson Stadium. We get stupid, go nuts, cook things on cars, drink like fish, eat chicken wings, shoot a guy with ketchup and mustard, and many other crazy things before every game. Pats fans cook crab and lobster and quietly make some noise and that's about it.

After I posted here, I talked to some people I know that follow the Bills to some out of town games and they told me that it's not exactly a raucous atmosphere on the Pats side. Seems like the videos on YouTube and descriptions on some web pages are pretty spot on.

Don't cry because Pats fans don't know how to party. Maybe they just need to get a few thousand Bruins fans whooping it up. Bruins fans may be a*sholes, but they are certainly loud and obnoxious.

This was a thing a couple of years ago with Bills fans at The Ralph....

Edited by SabreFan1

Jags made some really good moves this off-season. I like Bortles. They could suprise a couple teams this year.

That would be cool, because every game I saw the Jags play except like, one, was boring, and I think it was the last game.

I expect tailgate parties like we have at Ralph Wilson Stadium. We get stupid, go nuts, cook things on cars, drink like fish, eat chicken wings, shoot a guy with ketchup and mustard, and many other crazy things before every game. Pats fans cook crab and lobster and quietly make some noise and that's about it.

Don't cry because Pats fans don't know how to party.

You Bills fans are like "Woo Girls" who woo to fill the Super Bowl emptiness inside them.

Woo-girl conveys they are superficially fun and may be genuinely nice, yet lack depth and possess vapid, lonely personalities who have lived a unfulfilling adult life to date and thereby attempt to act as a newly minted college grad.

I can see the appeal of getting stupid and going nuts when you've never partied like this

635586486846397752-AP-Patriots-Parade-Fo

tempAP837464933626_1.jpg?itok=_AP2Aj0J

But hey, you guys enjoy your regular season festivities man, you only get 8 weeks of partying before you gotta wait 9 months to do it all again. ;)

ILoveYouSabreFan1

You Bills fans are like "Woo Girls" who woo to fill the Super Bowl emptiness inside them.

I can see the appeal of getting stupid and going nuts when you've never partied like this

635586486846397752-AP-Patriots-Parade-Fo

tempAP837464933626_1.jpg?itok=_AP2Aj0J

But hey, you guys enjoy your regular season festivities man, you only get 8 weeks of partying before you gotta wait 9 months to do it all again. ;)

ILoveYouSabreFan1

Sadly, this post is all too true. :lol: I'd trade a season of wild tailgating for a Super Bowl in a heartbeat.

Sadly, this post is all too true. :lol: I'd trade a season of wild tailgating for a Super Bowl in a heartbeat.

At least you've been there, I had to watch my team move, then win two of them

At least you've been there, I had to watch my team move, then win two of them

I couldn't imagine. The Browns moving was not cool. I felt horrible for Cleveland.

Look at the bright side, Art Modell is 6 feet under now and he spent his last 8 years not as the team's owner, but as a "consultant". He died having screwed over an entire city that came to despise him. He ruined his legacy over greed.

Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has issued a statement denying a report he has exerted any pressure on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to uphold the four-game suspension of Patriotsquarterback Tom Brady.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503746/article/ravens-owner-denies-report-hes-pressured-goodell

jealous dirty scum

Edited by Champagnepapi

Banned after 16 posts and in less than 24 hours after signing up. That was quick.

My guess is a former banned person tried to return. Maybe just a new person on a suspension. What are the chances he went full on retarded that fast....

Edited by SabreFan1