The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Aldon Smith signs a 1-year deal with the Raiders.

The guy has tons of talent, but he's a bloody wreck. If the Raiders can keep him under control it could turn out to be a solid addition, but I see that as being unlikely.

Additionally, just make a Patriots fan club thread, I'm getting sick of having to read through 10 posts of deflategate jokes and Brady love in between actual interesting NFL discussion.

We've been through this many time. "Stop the Patriots talk." It stops. The thread goes dormant. Also, what else did you expect after the team kicked off the NFL season and is the only game to talk about until Sunday?

AJ Green extends 4 years.

• Upvote 1

Nah, standard 10 player pool with 13 man playing roster + 11 on the bench. We have 5 keepers from year to year. I inherited the team with Megatron, Charles and Gronk. I traded for Brady this year (easy trade 'cause my opponent gave up him), and I got Beckham Jr. by trading Hill and Olsen (steep price that left me without a legit RB2 and TE2, but I drafted Randle and I can use a WR in my TE2 slot so I got Tate - he'll outscore any TE not named Gronkowski anyways). Brady and Gronk got me 62pts last night...I'm lovin' it.

With OBJ and Tate, I think you'd do well trading Johnson for an RB1 and a plug in WR. Randle is a huge gamble week to week to play as your RB2, and I gurantee you will find someone to overpay for Megatron if you have a couple "fair-weather" fans in your league.

We've been through this many time. "Stop the Patriots talk." It stops. The thread goes dormant. Also, what else did you expect after the team kicked off the NFL season and is the only game to talk about until Sunday?

AJ Green extends 4 years.

I'd be okay with that. And it's been going on for well longer than since just yesterday lol. And people barely talked about the game anyways, every 2nd post was just something like "____gate hur dur hur".

And I hope Green got a clause in his contract that the Bengals would get him a half-decent QB to throw him the ball before that contract runs out.

• Upvote 2

I'd be okay with that. And it's been going on for well longer than since just yesterday lol. And people barely talked about the game anyways, every 2nd post was just something like "____gate hur dur hur".

And I hope Green got a clause in his contract that the Bengals would get him a half-decent QB to throw him the ball before that contract runs out.

With the Steelers putting an end to it by not filing a complaint because they realized the NFL is in charge of headsets, it should put an end to the jokes. (for me anyways :P)

"We're on to Sunday's games."

Haha I know right, all that talent but Dalton throwing to him

That moment when your running back has his touchdown stolen by the bigger, fatter backup at the goal line. Dem Fantasy points. Damn you Will Johnson.

If you can get excess value for Randle, IMO trade him. I would've said it was a mistake to draft him in the first place, as he was incredibly overvalued on draft boards. It's the same reason I reached for Run DMc a bit early in my own draft. I got 2 different trade proposals involving him as training camp reached an end.

Though I have a question about my own roster that I'm having a hard time making up my mind about. Start Andrew Luck against the Bills, or Tannehill against the Redskins? Seems like there are too many variables in play, mainly in assuming the worst pass defence in the league will continue to to be the worst this year, and assuming the Bills will continue to be the best. I was wondering what way people would lean if they were in my position. I'm still thinking Tannehill.

Edited by g_bassi13

That moment when your running back has his touchdown stolen by the bigger, fatter backup at the goal line. Dem Fantasy points. Damn you Will Johnson.

If you can get excess value for Randle, IMO trade him. I would've said it was a mistake to draft him in the first place, as he was incredibly overvalued on draft boards. It's the same reason I reached for Run DMc a bit early in my own draft. I got 2 different trade proposals involving him as training camp reached an end.

Though I have a question about my own roster that I'm having a hard time making up my mind about. Start Andrew Luck against the Bills, or Tannehill against the Redskins? Seems like there are too many variables in play, mainly in assuming the worst pass defence in the league will continue to to be the worst this year, and assuming the Bills will continue to be the best. I was wondering what way people would lean if they were in my position. I'm still thinking Tannehill.

Yeah, I fell victim to Will in one of my own leagues. At least DeAngelo still put up a strong showing.

And never don't start Luck. For the 4 or 5 weeks Tannehill might outscore him, it's not worth risking missing out on the 30+ points Luck could potentially bring every week.

I'm stuck on whether I should start Ryan or Tannehill however.

Edited by Jägermeister

Something most Pats supporters don't talk about is deflating footballs could have been going on for a long time. They all act as if he got caught on his first time. There is a possibility that deflating footballs had an effect on his perfect regular season where some of those wins were in close games. Asterisk anyone? It's a joke you clowns!

I also have an issue with people criticising Lynch for finding a "loophole" whereby he didn't have to answer certain questions during media availability. Yet very little was said about Pats using a "loophole" on the line of scrimmage. One is merely a player who doesn't like media, the other affects the way the game is played and even the tradition of the game.

If you have Luck, start him. Dual threat QB on the 2nd most prolific offense in the NFL, maybe 1st now that Nelson is gone. Never know with Tannehill, you might get 3 TD's out of him, or 3 INTs. The Washington team might also be a little extra fired up for week 1 now that the coach has his QB starting, and it's not the RG3 circus.

Too funny.

ESPN, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Fox Sports, TSN, The Score and TSN 1040 mid day on air hosts all had social media posts with a headline reading something along the lines of "Patriots Accused of Cheating Again"

Only Fox Sports and The Score have bothered reporting/posting that the NFL has cleared the Patriots of any suspicion/wrong doing.

:rolleyes:

Jonas Gray promoted to the 'Fins 53 man. Happy for him, hope he tears it up except for in weeks 7 and 17.