The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

GB and NE are good teams but hardly locks for the super bowl. Nether team is head and shoulders above this year. Personally I would be disappointed if that was the Super Bowl though. I would like some new faces.

GB and NE are good teams but hardly locks for the super bowl. Nether team is head and shoulders above this year. Personally I would be disappointed if that was the Super Bowl though. I would like some new faces.

Pats are the only team IMHO (no bias) that have looked dominant throughout. GB is good but not a huge threat with Nelson out, hard for ARod to open up the field as he hasn't gone deep much at all except on those hard count plays he catches defenses offside. NFC is really wide open and I'd argue Panthers are the best team. AFC it's the Pats/Broncs but a few more weeks of football and it'll begin to become clearer as to who the serious contenders are.

Personally I would be disappointed if that was the Super Bowl though. I would like some new faces.

I agree somewhat, though I like Rodgers and the Green Bay franchise as a whole, so I wouldn't mind seeing them get in there.

From the AFC, I'd like to see the Fins make it, but even making the Wild Card would be a bit of a shock at this point.  Past them I would like to see the Broncos (just so Peyton can end his career on a high note), the Colts (though also unlikely given their play to begin the year, but they should take the division).

From the NFC I would like to see the Cards or Falcons get in.  As a Niners fans it pains me, but there is zero chance they make the playoffs this year, and there never really was any hope otherwise.

Edited by Jägermeister

Pats are the only team IMHO (no bias) that have looked dominant throughout. GB is good but not a huge threat with Nelson out, hard for ARod to open up the field as he hasn't gone deep much at all except on those hard count plays he catches defenses offside. NFC is really wide open and I'd argue Panthers are the best team. AFC it's the Pats/Broncs but a few more weeks of football and it'll begin to become clearer as to who the serious contenders are.

Of course you are biased you are a hardcore Pat's fan xD all of the biased

They haven't dominated everyone. The only dominant wins they had were against the Jags (garbage team) and the Cowboys (No Romo or Dez). Outside of that.... 1 score win vs the Steelers. 1 score win vs the Bills. 1 score win vs the Colts. 1 score win vs the Jets. In all fairness that Colts game wasn't as close as the score though.

But point being this isn't a team that looks unbeatable. Teams are competing with them and that defense is very mediocre and top 10 penalized. They could win the Super Bowl but no way is it a cakewalk for them they are very beatable. 

• Upvote 3

Lol @ Harbaraugh's Ravens. Throw a pass to the offensive lineman and penalty for passing to ineligible receiver who wasn't indicated a WR. 

Always gets me :lol:

Clearly reported to the ref and he even acknowledges it and then there's a flag. Makes no sense. Refs don't even know the rule book. That's hella sad. 

• Upvote 1

Man if only Steve Smith was 10 years younger. Could watch this dude forever. So damn good. Working over Pat Pete at age 36. 

He's been like this throughout his entire career. Thunderous receiver. I've watched him quite a bit with my cousin be a Panthers fan, have got to see him more times than I can remember.

He's been like this throughout his entire career. Thunderous receiver. I've watched him quite a bit with my cousin be a Panthers fan, have got to see him more times than I can remember.

I've seen him work guys like Sherman, Peterson, Revis, and Haden. So impressive 

Disappointing year for the Ravens. But a top 5 pick could turn things around in a hurry. Ozzie is a wizard. I can deal with 1 terrible year.

As much as a top 5 pick would help, won't matter much because of Elite Joe Flacco's cap numbers. 

Not a coincidence you're seeing the Ravens regress as his cap enters and they lose numerous key pieces around the team. Goes hand in hand with the teams success and they won't have much with it - mega deal for a player who doesn't deserve it (no one does) and losing players.

And fyi, Flacco's cap number jumps from $15m this year to $29m next year to $31m the year after. Have fun putting together a decent team because idk how they can survive and expect to be a playoff team or even an above .500 team with that mammoth contract anchoring them.

As much as a top 5 pick would help, won't matter much because of Elite Joe Flacco's cap numbers. 

Not a coincidence you're seeing the Ravens regress as his cap enters and they lose numerous key pieces around the team. Goes hand in hand with the teams success and they won't have much with it - mega deal for a player who doesn't deserve it (no one does) and losing players.

And fyi, Flacco's cap number jumps from $15m this year to $29m next year to $31m the year after. Have fun putting together a decent team because idk how they can survive and expect to be a playoff team or even an above .500 team with that mammoth contract anchoring them.

If Brady was being paid that much and costed that much against the salary cap, I'd be ok with it.