The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Lions should cut Arceneaux to send a message.

I know the o-line is bad but Harris is overrated a little as a runner he is a better pass catcher and even blocker.

He needs to lineup out in space more. When running inside he gets what's blocked only and not very fast or elusive to make somebody miss.

I would give Rainey more touches on offence if teams kick to Shaq more.

Lions should cut Arceneaux to send a message.

I know the o-line is bad but Harris is overrated a little as a runner he is a better pass catcher and even blocker.

He needs to lineup out in space more. When running inside he gets what's blocked only and not very fast or elusive to make somebody miss.

I would give Rainey more touches on offence if teams kick to Shaq more.

I don't agree about Harris....problem is, teams honed in on him as one of the only offensive threats we had. It was like they did with Geroy over time when they'd double cover him. We relied on Harris too much in the beginning when things weren't clicking and it became obvious that he was our go to. At least that's how I see it.

Hard to find fault with the league's leading rusher?

I don't agree about Harris....problem is, teams honed in on him as one of the only offensive threats we had. It was like they did with Geroy over time when they'd double cover him. We relied on Harris too much in the beginning when things weren't clicking and it became obvious that he was our go to. At least that's how I see it.

Hard to find fault with the league's leading rusher?

He is leading the league but Messam is playing better the biggest rb stat is YPC yards per carry average. Harris is doing terrible in this area going back since his one good grey cup year.

Not all on Harris Lions need weapons at wr. Wouldn't hurt to dress another American rb to offer a chance of pace on defences.

Harris reportedly stormed out today after the game didn't talk didn't even shower. Just bolted... he is Jekly and Hyde on the road vs at home.

I was expecting him to play good at home like always. He has lost the speed he had before last years injury. He is a good back but his running is not his best quality it is more about his pass catching and blocking.

Lions are brutal on offence both passing and running. Need to figure things out quick or this year one and done again in the playoffs.

Edited by Chip Kelly

That was a disgusting loss to watch. No fight, no nothing from the team. Without Rainey, this would have been more of a disaster.

Sounds like there's some turmoil in the locker room as well right now. I can see some player cuts, and even possibly a coaching change or two coming up.

The crowd was actually under 20,000 yesterday, which is depressing. It's the first time since before that buono revamp with Dickenson that has happened.

The team has cooled down considerably in this market, but it also has to do with some poor management at the president level, to the point where it was requested that the game be played head to head against week one NFL Sunday football. That's some solid ignorance right there to assume people would just flock to your game regardless. To have a team this cold, that as Ed Wiles said, is so easy to be apathetic to, just makes it so everyone is tuning out. I know I could barely care enough to keep the game going until the end of the 4th.

I have been a season ticket holder for 4 seasons now. That was easily the worst game I've had to sit through. I've seen a couple games where the Lions have been blown out and there was more excitement. Another HUGE issue I have is with Centerplate, the food service provider.

I sit in the Club Lounge and part of the ticket price is in seat food service. The servers this year are brutal! I'll just leave it at that but I am in the middle of firing off another email regarding the service.

Between that, the Lions poor play, and Managements stupidity I am having a really hard time at this point to justify renewing my seasons tickets next year.

The crowd was actually under 20,000 yesterday, which is depressing. It's the first time since before that buono revamp with Dickenson that has happened.

The team has cooled down considerably in this market, but it also has to do with some poor management at the president level, to the point where it was requested that the game be played head to head against week one NFL Sunday football. That's some solid ignorance right there to assume people would just flock to your game regardless. To have a team this cold, that as Ed Wiles said, is so easy to be apathetic to, just makes it so everyone is tuning out. I know I could barely care enough to keep the game going until the end of the 4th.

There shouldn't be any CFL games on Sunday at all after the NFL season starts.

How much longer are Lions going to continue to embarrass themselves and not make any personnel changes and changes to the roster. Tedford needs to go. Listen to him talk he has a massive ego and think he's god.

Why is it too that everyone is casting blaming on everyone in the organization except Wally. Wally is the one most responsible for this mess. It's typical of him to blame EVERYONE but himself. He's another who has a massive ego. His 2 coaching hires have been abject failures.

Until then attendance will keep falling as fans simply don't care anymore. I have no doubt there's in fighting and turmoil within the locker room.

Edited by the last outlaw

It's actually a good idea before NFL as it's football on a Sunday. It's moronic to try to compete with the NFL though.

It's a good idea from a ratings stand point, crappy idea for an attendance standpoint. I hate Sundays games as a season ticket holder. Give me a Saturday night game or even a Saturday game at 4pm.

The BC Lions are really struggling this year. I hope they get better.

My friend made a joke and called them the BC Kittens :lol:

Appropriate name for this team the way they are playing. There isn't any reason to be hopeful about the future either. You can't blame the fans for not showing up and being indifferent about the crappy on and off field product.

The organization needs a complete rebuild from management to the players and coaching staff. Ship them all out.