The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting a (very) insecure girl from online.

That may very well be. But he is right that nobody likes (respects) a door mat. Door mat does not equate to success with ladies long OR short term.

And quite frankly he's right about the vast majority of women in their early 20's. A good chunk of them are a MESS. Crying on nice guys shoulders while they go out and date a-holes.

Do you think OP is being treated like a doormat because she's hesitant to give a pic or meet? I don't think so, not after only 2 weeks. Maybe after a couple months or if OP was sending a bunch of X rated pics with nothing in return but not in this case, IMO.

And who are you kidding really?? There are probably just as many messed up guys as there are girls.

I guess I'm still not getting your point. Why bring up how messed up young girls are these days when there's just as many messed up guys? Do you think OP's girl is messed up for being insecure or unsure. I think two weeks is to early to be making such judgements....just my opinion though.

Just be honest with her! Tell her that you have already told her that you aren't a superficial person and you understand that she is insecure. Tell her that she needs to take this step (if not with you, with someone else later in life) if you are going to progress in your relationship. Let her know that she can trust you, and thats all you can do. It seems she needs to overcome this hurdle to get farther into a relationship with you, and untill she does that you guys are kind of going nowhere. Doesn't mean you are going backwards, its just not progressing. Let her know you can only wait so long, but try not to pressure her.

At least she was straight forward with you. I think she just never wanted to get your hopes up from the beginning of her You're going to feel more attached to her if you guys continue talking so I think you should start letting go if she's not willing to go further with it like you are.. You both should move on with your lives. She herself even told you to meet someone else

You honestly say the appearance doesn't matter for you.. but there has to be some sort of appeal there or it's not going to work. She honestly needs to figure things out for herself before figuring them out with you.

I'm sure you can reel another girl in.

Bottom line is no girl is worth this much time. I'm not a hater or anything. No guy is worth this much time either. Life is too short for these stupid mind games. Leave this stuff in high school where it belongs. Move on. Don't block or delete her. But stop pursuing it and let her do the work.

Archived