The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Still pailed in comparison to the WWF.

My point still stands.

I don't really what you're trying to prove.

Like I said, no matter how entertaining your product is, you're never going to be as big as WWE (ratings isn't everything). The E have built their foundation for 40+ years and in today's world, it's all about getting into the mainstream culture, where the WWE is already at. No one will ever takeover the WWE, it's as simple as that.

I mean, if TNA so entertaining like you rave about? Then, why can't they keep their loyal fans or why can't they keep their top stars? TNA is pretty much going through the same phase as ECW went through right before it folded.

Interesting, I have a ps3 kicking around, should see if I can do the same.

Don't have to have a console to have it, I can view it all on my computer and tablet also..

Just signed up for 6 months and paid it all at once, so far the Network seems worth every penny. I could see myself spending needless amounts of time on it because there is just so much content lol

I don't really what you're trying to prove.

Like I said, no matter how entertaining your product is, you're never going to be as big as WWE (ratings isn't everything). The E have built their foundation for 40+ years and in today's world, it's all about getting into the mainstream culture, where the WWE is already at. No one will ever takeover the WWE, it's as simple as that.

I mean, if TNA so entertaining like you rave about? Then, why can't they keep their loyal fans or why can't they keep their top stars? TNA is pretty much going through the same phase as ECW went through right before it folded.

I thought it was pretty clear.

If the company is putting on a good product, why can't it just be a good product? Why does it have to be the biggest company or else it doesn't matter?

Its not about being as big as the WWE, its about enjoying the wrestling show I'm watching, and as far as I'm concerned TNA has been doing a betting job of putting on a good wrestling program than the E for a bit now.

To answer your 2nd part: TNA has over a million viewers+ weekly so its not like absolutely no one watches it. But they have lost viewers over time no doubt, as have the E though.

My opinion, is that wrestling fans are a dying breed, there are alot of WWE fans that just watch the WWE and (and will never give TNA an honest chance and TNA has fans like that aswell but obviously not near as many), but then there are other wrestling fans who just look for the best product, then of course others who like indies.

TNA's loyal TNA fans are still around (same with Indies), and the vast majority of the WWE's loyal fanbase has stuck around aswell, but alot of people who were just wrestling fans that would watch both products and look for entertainment have given up as a whole, so that group of fans are now a slim group, which is why ratings for both companies aren't what they once were.

In my opinion of course.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

WWE finalizing WM 31 Main Event Plans.

I wonder who Sting faces. Doesn't look like Sting vs Undertaker will happen.

We noted earlier this week that WWE officials felt they have the WrestleMania 31 main event locked in. WWE has reportedly been working on finalizing WrestleMania plans this week and those plans include two special stars, likely The Rock and Sting. There is no word yet on who may face Sting but as noted earlier, it appears WWE is building to The Rock vs. Triple H. Triple H was Sting's second choice for a match if he couldn't have The Undertaker. The belief is still that Brock Lesnar will defend the WWE World Heavyweight Title against Roman Reign at WrestleMania 31. Another match that has been discussed is John Cena vs. Rusev. It's still early and plans always change but you have to wonder where top stars like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and others will fit into the plans.

TNA reportedly made a play and huge offer to CM Punk. Why would he even consider going there?

He wasn't happy with his very brief stint there. If he ever decides to return, it will be in WWE. TNA's future is uncertain including getting a TV deal.

TNA recently made a play for CM Punk. This was done similar to how they reached out to Alberto Del Rio, through an intermediary who is friends with Punk. The idea pitched was said to be a huge deal for Punk to be the top star of the company with pay similar to what Hulk Hogan was making. The idea is that Punk could be TNA's flagship star and if he signs now, he could help get a strong TV deal. Punk reportedly expressed no interest in working in pro wrestling again.

Heyman is being kept off TV for awhile and Lesnar isn't returning until early 2015.

As seen earlier, Paul Heyman cut a dark promo before last night's WWE SmackDown tapings that ended up being posted to YouTube. No word yet if it will air on Friday's SmackDown but as of earlier this week, WWE was going with the idea of keeping Heyman off TV for a while. Heyman was reportedly not at Monday's RAW in Brooklyn

That plan could change but they don't want to call attention to the fact that the WWE World Heavyweight Champion is away and missing pay-per-view events. As noted, Brock Lesnar isn't scheduled to return until January.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince was the one pushing for Wyatts to split while HHH wanted them to stay together. No surprise. Vince is delusional if he actually thinks and sees Harper as a bigger star than Bray.

As seen on WWE TV, the company has been running vignettes for Luke Harper and Erick Rowan to be “freed” by Bray Wyatt from The Wyatt Family. These vignettes are a brainchild of Vince McMahon.

Vince is reportedly high on Harper because of his size. Vince sees Harper as a bigger star than Wyatt.

Triple H reportedly feels differently and was against splitting up the group but did not resist the decision.

One source pointed to the fact the writing was on the wall for the faction and that Vince was essentially killing them off so why not let him have his way and push Harper. This same source expressed concern because Harper is nowhere close to Wyatt on the mic.

Another issue is that with the talent roster so thin and Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose working towards the top of the card, Vince feels that by splitting The Wyatts, they can end up with two top acts instead of one.

The Ascension is being rumored to join Bray Wyatt. So a new version of Wyatt Family. I don't see why Vince wanted to split Wyatts up in first place. They had no where the success The Shield did.

Apparently there are rumors of NXT stars The Ascension being called up to WWE’s main roster to be put with Bray Wyatt. This is an unconfirmed rumor but it could have something to do with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper being “freed” by Wyatt.

Rumored Royal Royal Plans for Cena and Lesnar. Do we really have to see Cena/Lesnar again. Guess we do for the pure fact that Cena had Lesnar beat and Rollins interfered causing DQ.

If Cena/Rusev happens at WM31 Rusev will suffer the same fate as Bray.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is reportedly not scheduled to return to WWE television until January, by which time he is expected to resume his feud with John Cena at the Royal Rumble.

It was originally reported that Lesnar would revive and old feud with Big Show but that now appears to have been nixed.

Cena is also rumored to be entering into a feud with Rusev culminating at WrestleMania 31 and having Rusev cost Cena his chance for gold at the Rumble would be the perfect set up for this storyline

So, if Lesnar isn't scheduled to be around until the Royal Rumble, why the f*** is he the champion?

We all know he's a part-timer. Same with The Rock when he was champion before too.

I've seen people saying The Authority should strip Lesnar for not defending every 30 days, because of what they did to Bryan when he was injured and unable to compete. Authority gave Lesnar title match at SummerSlam because they didn't want Cena as champion anymore. So it's not like they're going to strip Lesnar.

Edited by J529

Steph says Vince once stopped her from dating HHH.

Source: The Huffington Post

As noted earlier, Stephanie McMahon appeared on HuffPost Live yesterday to discuss WWE's partnership with the Susan G. Komen foundation. During the interview, she talked about dating Triple H after they were already married and divorced in storyline. Stephanie said that Triple H "had to" get permission from Vince McMahon before dating her, and admitted that it was taboo.

"My father knew my husband long before I ever did. He actually always says that he loved him first," Stephanie said. "There really was this wonderful respect and admiration between the two of them before I even came into the picture. So I don't think it was too hard of a push. But when you think about what it took for my husband to put his career on the line. What if things didn't go well? ... If it didn't work out, what would that mean for him?"

She said that after they started dating, Vince changed his mind.

"It was not always just all roses. We were given permission and then it was taken away," she revealed. "In terms of the reasons why, I don't know if he was getting pressure. It was a really big thing in our business for the top star to be dating the boss' daughter and all of the implications it could have."

kevin nash, or maybe it was xpac who revealed, years ago, in one of the youshoots for kayfabe commentaries, about that and that triple h had heat over it. shawn michaels i think touched on that subject in austin's podcast. and i think triple h himself stated that in interviews and on jericho's podcast

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

TNA reportedly made a play and huge offer to CM Punk. Why would he even consider going there?

He wasn't happy with his very brief stint there. If he ever decides to return, it will be in WWE. TNA's future is uncertain including getting a TV deal.

Pretty sure Punk won't return to WWE again.

Didn't know whether I should make a topic or not but this just popped into my head.

What's your favourite finishing move of all time?

Mine definitely has to be the RKO and the Tombstone. RKO because it happens so fast and you don't expect it and the Tombstone mainly because, well, it's The Undertaker.

Edge's spear (Goldberg, Reigns also do it but I always prefer Edge's. Sells setting it up in the corner and spearing Jeff Hardy from a ladder was 10/10)

RKO happens fast.

2 favorites off the top of my head.

Worst finishers I've had troubles believing would be the 1 punch ones (Big show, Reigns) FU/attitude adjustment, Khali old finisher where he squished his opponents head with his hands