The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Sting/Cena would be a terrible match.

Even Sting/HHH would flop in my honest opinion, Sting just doesn't have it in the tank anymore, he's like 55 or something, his match at BFG with Magnus was a huge flop & Magnus is a better in-ring performer than Cena & probably HHH.

I didn't watch the PPV, but, I don't know this Sting thing just doesn't seem like a big deal, because I know from watching him in TNA that he's past his prime, he can still entertain but my expectations for his matches are only going to be so high.

And also (most importantly) it feels like this was just done to get Network buys, it was a cool surprise, but they could have made it so much bigger.

I guess maybe its just cause I'm not a fan of the WWE & I didn't like this Authority/Cena thing, but idk its just not as big a deal for me.

Kind of disappointed that they didn't use his WCW theme, nonetheless it was still nice to see his long awaited debut in WWE.

Also, Rollins sure took a long time to recover from that zig zag.

Edited by shiznak

Was great to see him.. But I honestly found the slow walk down to the ring and the time spent just looking at HHH boring.. Would have been better if they cut the lights.. Turned them back on and there he was.. Probably would have gotten a better reaction from the crowd. Although they did get a bit louder towards the end.

Sting/Cena would be a terrible match.

Even Sting/HHH would flop in my honest opinion, Sting just doesn't have it in the tank anymore, he's like 55 or something, his match at BFG with Magnus was a huge flop & Magnus is a better in-ring performer than Cena & probably HHH.

I didn't watch the PPV, but, I don't know this Sting thing just doesn't seem like a big deal, because I know from watching him in TNA that he's past his prime, he can still entertain but my expectations for his matches are only going to be so high.

And also (most importantly) it feels like this was just done to get Network buys, it was a cool surprise, but they could have made it so much bigger.

I guess maybe its just cause I'm not a fan of the WWE & I didn't like this Authority/Cena thing, but idk its just not as big a deal for me.

You are one tough customer

• Upvote 1

I thought he was going to come down from the rafters, took him a little while to enter after his music went on.

I don't think anyone has since the Owen Hart incident, though I could be wrong. I'd like if Sting came in that classic way, but if it's legal troubles, or a genuine respect and safety concern thing that holds him back from doing so, I think that's okay. It's not like the WWF is one for respect, so it's likely the former.

Either way I thought that was cool. I almost watched Survivor Series just to see him, but opted to just watch a clip after the fact. It's enough to get me to watch a couple of Raw's before they fuck it all up.