The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

i'm a fan of the brand split. i didn't work 10 years ago because the roster was pretty thin, but wwe's roster is so large now that it can support a brand split. i guess you can have the IC title highlight smackdown and when wwe runs the house shows it'll be like the old days where the b towns get the IC title main events

33 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'm a fan of the brand split. i didn't work 10 years ago because the roster was pretty thin, but wwe's roster is so large now that it can support a brand split. i guess you can have the IC title highlight smackdown and when wwe runs the house shows it'll be like the old days where the b towns get the IC title main events

Paul Heyman isn't the lead on Smackdown this time around though. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Tomorrow night in Cloverdale!

On Saturday they're also going to the Scottish Cultural Centre in Vancouver with Tommy Dreamer as well. I've been planning to go for a couple of weeks now, but my work shifted my schedule at the last moment so that I'm now unavailable. Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to it.

On 5/27/2016 at 4:23 AM, shiznak said:

The only upsetting part of the brand split, is that we won't be able to see a shield triple threat match at WM for the WWE title.

Not really.  If one of them has the title, Roman or Seth and say Dean wins MITB, there is a triple threat right there.  If they are on the same show.  Even if Dean was on a different show, it still could work.

Undertaker is upset with Vince for originally asking him to lose to Shane at WM.

Things arent good these days between Vince McMahon and The Undertaker. The Chairman has reached out to Taker about appearing at SummerSlam but isn't getting a response. Undertaker has told those close to him that he doesn't plan on wrestling again after Vince asked him to lose to Shane McMahon at Wrestlemania 32. He refused to do it and is currently not interested in making any further appearances. Vince is trying to find a way to smooth things over, but Undertaker is ignoring him. His current contract with WWE only requires him to wrestle once a year to receive his downside guarantee so he will be paid for the rest of the year regardless of anything. If he decides not to compete next year, his contract will freeze similarly to Daniel Bryan. The idea is that since he is not working with WWE, they have the right to freeze his deal so that they can use him when something opens up.

2 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

Undertaker is upset with Vince for originally asking him to lose to Shane at WM.

Rightfully so, Shane winning would be a complete joke.

The idea of the match itself was bad enough but to add asking Taker to lose :picard: 

On 26/05/2016 at 7:14 PM, Grapefruits said:

Tomorrow night in Cloverdale!

On 26/05/2016 at 10:05 PM, g_bassi13 said:

On Saturday they're also going to the Scottish Cultural Centre in Vancouver with Tommy Dreamer as well. I've been planning to go for a couple of weeks now, but my work shifted my schedule at the last moment so that I'm now unavailable. Which sucks, because I was really looking forward to it.

Quoting this again, because I did indeed miss the show, but I was actually jealous of my brother, who ended up still going.

He's aspiring to actually be a wrestler, and one of the guys on the show offered to show ease him into how it all works if he wanted. He also got to meet and speak with Chelsea Green for a bit, which is another reason enough to be jealous, because it's Chelsea Green.

Sounds like it was more than just a match or two that was worth going for. They have some pretty legit cruiserweights (Matt XStatic is legit, having seen him myself before), and just having Tommy Dreamer is very nice window dressing, especially when he's insulting the WWE for not making use of Vancouver's rabid wrestling fanbase and actually putting on shows here.

I'm most definitely going out to ASW's June show in Cloverdale.

I'm curious too about Kenny Lush's "Wise Pro Wrestling" promotion as well, as another entrant into the local wrestling scene.

15 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Quoting this again, because I did indeed miss the show, but I was actually jealous of my brother, who ended up still going.

He's aspiring to actually be a wrestler, and one of the guys on the show offered to show ease him into how it all works if he wanted. He also got to meet and speak with Chelsea Green for a bit, which is another reason enough to be jealous, because it's Chelsea Green.

Sounds like it was more than just a match or two that was worth going for. They have some pretty legit cruiserweights (Matt XStatic is legit, having seen him myself before), and just having Tommy Dreamer is very nice window dressing, especially when he's insulting the WWE for not making use of Vancouver's rabid wrestling fanbase and actually putting on shows here.

I'm most definitely going out to ASW's June show in Cloverdale.

I'm curious too about Kenny Lush's "Wise Pro Wrestling" promotion as well, as another entrant into the local wrestling scene.

Looks like Wise Pro Wrestling is teaming with ASW going forward. Interesting to note, Tom P from ECCW has been at the last 2 ASW shows in Cloverdale filming.  Looks like he is in on WPW with Lush. The Cloverdale show was probably their best show I've seen from ASW. Large crowd as well.

It was interesting seeing The Bollywood Boys get little fan support compared to what they get in ECCW. Their wrestling was a step above anything else I saw that night outside of Lush and Ryder.  I was expecting Lush to appear at Ballroom Brawl for ECCW in July, but that's doubtful now that he is ASW Champ.

WPW has a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0ZSfzM_r_qjznpMUEvgw

Edited by Grapefruits

Vince apparently wants John Morrison back in WWE. He's better off staying in LU when he is. Why go back to WWE and being a mid-carder for life.

There is renewed interested by WWE in bringing back John Morrison. He is someone Vince McMahon has asked people around him about, at least to find out if he's under contract to a wrestling organization. Morrison is under contract to Lucha Underground and it is not publicly known when a deal would even be possible. Morrison, who performs as Johnny Mundo for Lucha Underground, said in January that he could see himself returning to WWE one day. "When I was at WWE I wrestled everyone on the roster and I left because I felt it was time for me to go," he told Channel Guide Magazine. "I did have plans on going back at some point. I still think that could happen. You never know what could happen in professional wrestling." A WWE star who has caught Morrison's eye is Seth Rollins. "I'd just love to have a great match with Seth Rollins," he told Latin Post in March. "Roman Reigns, I'd love to wrestle him in like 10 years if he's still wrestling, because by then hopefully he'd figure out how to work."