The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Maybe not the entire state, but Southern California is.

People come from LA, Mexico, and Arizona to see shows.

Not the case for San Diego, I've seen WWE run house shows with Mysterio in San Diego and draw 4800.

There's info going around that the attendance was only 2600

Not the case, I did a seat count of tickets sold two nights before the show already had 3540? tickets sold.

Edited by TheHitman

i'm just saying. tna in the past has said their bound for glory show was their "biggest of the year"

tna has some top talent, but the booking, production, all that can't candle to wwe. hell, even wwe's booking is pretty atrocious. they can blame the internet all they want, but at the end of the day, if their story lines suck, no one will buy a ppv. thats just how it is

for tna, it's not that their storyline sucks-- it's just that they have no publicity, because lets face it, no one cares. wwe's doing the right thing with the PG thing, making it more family friendly and it's a great time when wwe's in town. the same is with tna. i've never been to a show, but some of my friends who live in the states have been to tna shows, mostly their shows in new york and they always had a great time but when wwe's in town, people know

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Not the case for San Diego, I've seen WWE run house shows with Mysterio in San Diego and draw 4800.

That's pretty average for a WWE house show. Depending on the arena's capacity and city, house shows can range anywhere from 1000-10,000. When Raw, has around 4000 in attendance, then we can talk.

Let's make things clear, I'm not hating on TNA's product or talents. It's just that TNA fans think it could survive with the state it is in. But in reality it's losing a ton of money each year, and sooner or later I see Mr. Carter pulling the plug.

Edited by shiznak

I think he's trying to say that a WWE house show is the equivalent to a TNA PPV. Sounds pretty legit to me.

Pretty much, TNA has little to zero brand recognition in the USA. WWE has 61 years or so of it and is a marketing giant which TNA simply is not.

i'm just saying. tna in the past has said their bound for glory show was their "biggest of the year"

tna has some top talent, but the booking, production, all that can't candle to wwe. hell, even wwe's booking is pretty atrocious. they can blame the internet all they want, but at the end of the day, if their story lines suck, no one will buy a ppv. thats just how it is

for tna, it's not that their storyline sucks-- it's just that they have no publicity, because lets face it, no one cares. wwe's doing the right thing with the PG thing, making it more family friendly and it's a great time when wwe's in town. the same is with tna. i've never been to a show, but some of my friends who live in the states have been to tna shows, mostly their shows in new york and they always had a great time but when wwe's in town, people know

BFG is usually the worst draw in comparison to Lockdown, Slammiversary, and select IMPACT tapings.

Pretty much, although I'd say TNAs booking is a lot better than WWEs. In order for TNA to succeed IMO they need to stay away from the glitzy production that WWE uses and go for a southern look as they are more successful. They had a chance with PG but honestly how many PG sponsors would associate with TNA rather than WWE?

That's pretty average for a WWE house show. Depending on the arena's capacity and city, house shows can range anywhere from 1000-10,000. When Raw, has around 4000 in attendance, then we can talk.

Let's make things clear, I'm not hating on TNA's product or talents. It's just that TNA fans think it could survive with the state it is in. But in reality it's losing a ton of money each year, and sooner or later I see Mr. Carter pulling the plug.

Smackdown has had 4000 and lower in attendance many, many times. While Raw isn't, with the way their ratings have declined in the past year, it's not a stretch to see it happening in the next few years.

Please define what numbers and figures that you have at which point where you could conclude that they are losing a ton of money? Dave Metzler has been wrong with their attendance figures and financial status quite a lot. While it's clear they're struggling to profit this year, they aren't so far in debt that the Carters would sell. You have to remember that this is a company that was 20 million in debt at one time and the Carters were able to break even and turn profits for the last few years. With a stricter budget and decrease of risks by going back to Orlando, they're saving a lot of money. The road experiment failed, because they half-assed it with personnel that simply wasn't good enough to make them successful in some horrible venues.

Edited by TheHitman

TNA's booking is much better than WWE's.

I agree with everything else though. TNA doesn't have the history and brand name behind it. WWE's a machine, TNA isn't. And WWE's PG thing has really killed the business as far as mainstream popularity goes, so no one is going to want to give wrestling a chance, WWE or TNA. (aside from kids that WWE caters to)

WWE is still big enough to rest on there laurels, TNA doesn't have that. If wrestling ever were to get become popular again I could see TNA doing better, but I don't see that ever happening with a PG WWE product.

AJ Styles is going to be wrestling for Wrestle-1 in Japan for TNA most likely.

So he won't be on Impact? Damn :(

Good show last week though, the Angle/Roode thing was outstanding, Roode was great with his regular heel stuff. I loved the tag team segment, Bro mans are funny, and I thought the Bully/AJ match was good.

cool to see anderson back aswell.

Edited by Smashian Kassian