The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

What a waste of time....he's been upset by so many underdogs and screwed up so many matches that I just don't care when he walks out anymore!

I think "walks" is the wrong word to use. It's more like "excruciatingly hobbles" to the ring. It's just damn brutal to watch. The guy looks like he is in pain every time he moves.

Imagine if they had smarky fans back in the golden age era.

Pro-wrestling/sports entertainment probably wouldn't have lasted. Which means, no Hulkmania, no DX, no attitude era, no Austin, no Rock, but more important no Daniel Bryan for them to cheer for.

The WWE is to blame for this. They were letting Reigns get over organically and it was going well as people were liking him. But then he started to get shoved down everyones throat in this "You HAVE to cheer for him" mentality that turned people against him, smarks and casual fans included. Had WWE followed through with the booking they were initally doing with him, they probably wouldn't be in the position they're in right now.

19th_Anniversarysmall-copy.jpg

- MAIN EVENT; WAR GAMES STYLE 4 VS 4, CHAMBER OF EXTREME & FANS BRINGS THE WEAPONS MATCH -

Alex Plexis (Captain), The Amerikan Guns [Ethan HD & Mike Santiago] & “Outlaw” Wade Hess w/ Kristopher Kassidy vs. Tony Baroni (Captain), Artemis Spencer, Mike Everest & ???

- TAG TEAM MATCH -

Former WWE, WCW & TNA Superstar “The Chosen One” Jeff Jarrett & “Supernatural” Nelson Creed vs. The Bollywood Boyz [Gurv Sihra & Harv Sihra]

- ECCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP, 4 TEAM ELIMINATION MATCH -

The Cunninghams [Jack & Karl] (Champions) vs. East-Van Warriors ["The Loose Cannon" Kenny Lush & "Brilliant" Billy Suede] (Challengers) vs. The Entourage [brady Malibu & Pete Powers] (Challengers) vs. Club Bish [bishop & Shreddz] (Challengers)

- EIGHT-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH w/ STIPULATION: Whomever is pinned will be put in a STRAIGHT JACKET AND THE WINNING TEAM WILL HAVE 5 MINUTES ALONE! -

The House of Hell [Mr. Smyth, Lak Siddartha, Hellion, "Dastardly" Danni Deeds, Slammer] w/ Rigor Von Slasher vs. “Ravenous” Randy Myers, Andy “The Dreadful” Bird & The Voros Twins [Chris & Patrick]

El Phantasmo vs. The King of the Yukon

Mr. Smyth w/ Rigor Von Slasher vs. Buddy Wayne

And more!

==============================================

BEER, CIDER AND WINE IS AVAILABLE FOR ADULTS WITH ID FOR 6$

TICKETS:

Front Row – SOLD OUT

General Admission on Floor – $20

General Admission on Bleachers – $18

- Doors open @ 6:30pm, BELL TIME 7.30PM

Cloverdale Fairgrounds [Agriplex Building] (6050 176th Street)

10426297_10155455966440541_3983175567283

Jeff Jarrett at the Vernon show last night.

The WWE is to blame for this. They were letting Reigns get over organically and it was going well as people were liking him. But then he started to get shoved down everyones throat in this "You HAVE to cheer for him" mentality that turned people against him, smarks and casual fans included. Had WWE followed through with the booking they were initally doing with him, they probably wouldn't be in the position they're in right now.

A lot of wrestlers have been shoved down our throats in the past, but it never stop them from being super over with the crowd.

Bruno

Andre

Hogan

Sting

Ultimate Warrior

Shawn Michaels

Triple H

10426297_10155455966440541_3983175567283

Jeff Jarrett at the Vernon show last night.

Looking a little out of shape. LOL! Saw a few clips from the Kelowna show. Looked decent. Should be an interesting crowd in Cloverdale. They had over 600 for Halloween Hell. Hoping to see a bigger crowd tonight. Hell, for $20 bucks it's well worth it.

Edited by Grapefruits

WWE is teasing that it may be revealed who Bray Wyatt has been talking too for his next feud on Raw. Rumor is it's Reigns.

WWE is teasing that we may find out who Bray Wyatt has been cutting promos on during Monday's taped RAW from London. For what it's worth, I heard a rumor coming out of WrestleMania 31 that Wyatt's Extreme Rules opponent could end up being Roman Reigns. It looks like WWE is putting Reigns with Big Show at Extreme Rules but the Wyatt vs. Reigns match is possible and was reportedly discussed. Most of the fan speculation on Wyatt's next opponent, based on last week's promo, points at Reigns, Dolph Ziggler or Ryback, even Triple H. Thanks to reader Mikel for sending this transcript of Wyatt's promo from last week's RAW, which provides clues on who The New Face of Fear is targeting:

"You know who you are... I'm talking to you. Your entire life has revolved around dedication but I'm here to tell you that no matter how dedicated you are, you cannot compete with the force of nature. You cannot compete with the power of the wind or the ocean, and you most certainly cannot compete against the greatest power of them all - fear. For it is not your drive for success that molds you... it is your fear of failure. And I know deep behind your skin underneath the flesh and bone holds the key to your undoing. Do I have your attention now? Behold The New Face of Fear."

WWE is planning a major angle for Raw.

WWE is apparently planning a major angle of sorts for this coming Monday night's episode of Raw at the O2 in London, in part to combat spoilers that will get out for those stateside.

Expect Damien Mizdow vs. The Miz to be announced for Extreme Rules soon and the two to be separated for good not long after.

Vickie was on Jericho's podcast and revealed The Radicalz met with Vince before they left WCW and jumped to WWE.

Former WWE General Manager Vickie Guerrero appeared on Chris Jericho's Talk Is Jericho podcast, and updated fans on where she's at in life now. The widow of the late Eddie Guerrero also dropped some information about Guerrero's exit from WCW.

Vickie noted that despite the fact that Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and Chris Benoit appeared on WWE television after a highly publicized WCW exit, there had been talks of doing so well before they were released by WCW.

"(Vince) and Eddie always had a special relationship," said Vickie. "When Eddie was jumping over with the Radicalz to come to Raw, they were talking for a while. They were already talking and Eddie would go and visit with him, and they had these meetings."

Vickie also said she wasn't sure if Guerrero would actually make the jump to WWE when he did. She would later say how grateful she is for the McMahon family.

"I didn't know what (the meetings) were about," Guerrero said. "Eddie kept it quiet, because it was such a big jump. Vince has just been so good to me. Even Linda and Stephanie, they were such a big instrument in making sure I was okay."

I don't understand how people can like wrestling knowing the moves are exaggerated and it is pre determined who wins and how the match ends.

Why do people take it so seriously?

Is the fun like in most tv shows to try to predict what happens next in the story line?

It's better than most "reality" shows that are being played on television.

It's better than most "reality" shows that are being played on television.

True but I don't see how you can be a fan if you are over 20. I mean maybe you like the history and like to re-live the classics.

But come on.... if your hero is a "WWE Superstar" you got some problems most likely unless you are a kid and don't understand yet that wresting is fake and the wrestlers are basically stunt performing action stars trying to stay within a narrative or story line that is predetermined.

I mean I was a kid and enjoyed wrestling because of the personalities and rivalries before I knew it was fake.

So as an adult now it just really seems stupid when you know that these guys are all buddies and are only acting out story lines.

Most of the time the "rivals" are best buddies in real life when the cameras are off.

Edited by Chip Kelly

WWE Now Giving Letter Grades to Each City

As noted over the weekend, information in a lawsuit filed by WWE in California last month to stop unlicensed merchandise being sold by outside vendors during WrestleMania 31 week included the full WWE schedule through March 28th, 2016, including the future pay-per-view locations and dates for NXT specials that we posted. Chris "Mookie" Harrington has recapped some more of the information and it was revealed WWE will be assigning letter codes to each city they visit - A, B+, B and C. It appears the grades are for the overall drawing power of the city based on WWE's previous visit. Some cities appear in more than one category because different letter grades are assigned on different trips, sometimes because one visit is a TV taping and another visit is for a live event.

Harrington gave this breakdown:

A: 70 examples (minimum: 3,500; maximum 15,913) - average: 9,235

B+: 32 examples (minimum: 3,122; maximum 14,481) - average: 7,608

B: 48 examples (minimum: 2,626; maximum 12,717) - average: 6,496

C: 61 examples (minimum: 2,230; maximum 6,996) - average 4,546

Overall Average: 7,002

"A" Cities: Anaheim, CA, Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Bridgeport, CT, Brooklyn, NY, Buffalo, NY, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Hartford, CT, Hildalgo, TX, Houston, TX, Jackson, MS, Kansas City, MO, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, PA, Portland, OR, Providence, RI, San Antonio, TX, San Jose, CA - SAP Center, St. Louis, MO, Tampa, FL, Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON - Ricoh Coliseum, Washington, DC, White Plains, NY, Wildwood, NJ

"B+" Cities: Albany, NY, Anaheim, CA, Anchorage, AK, Bangor, ME, Birmingham, AL, Bridgeport, CT, Calgary, AB, Cincinnati, OH, Corpus Christi, TX, Daytona Beach, FL - Ocean Center, Des Moines, IA, East Lansing, MI, Edmonton, AB, Fairbanks, AK, Fort Myers, FL, Fresno, CA, Greenville, SC, Hampton, VA, Hershey, PA, Jonesboro, AR, Lafayette, LA, Laredo, TX, Lincoln, NE, Little Rock, AR, Loveland, CO, Memphis, TN, Milwaukee, WI, Montreal, QC, Nashville, TN, Ontario, CA, Orlando, FL - Amway Center, Roanoke, VA, Rochester, NY, Sacramento, CA, Salt Lake City, UT - Maverik Center, San Juan, PR, Stockton, CA, Syracuse, NY, Tampa, FL, Tulsa, OK, Uncasville, CT, Wilkes Barre, PA, Winnipeg, MB

"B" Cities: Austin, TX, Bakersfield, CA, Calgary, AB, Cleveland, OH, Dayton, OH, Edmonton, AB, Everett, WA, Fresno, CA, Hartford, CT, Indianapolis, IN, Knoxville, TN, Louisville, KY - YUM Center, Milwaukee, WI, Montreal, QC, New Orleans, LA, Oklahoma City, OK, Omaha, NE, Phoenix, AZ, Portland, OR, Rochester, NY, Sacramento, CA, San Diego, CA, San Jose, CA - SAP Center, Seattle, WA, St. Louis, MO, Trenton, NJ, Tulsa, OK, Winnipeg, MB

"C" Cities: Amarillo, TX, Augusta, GA, Bakersfield, CA, Baton Rouge, LA, Beaumont, TX, Binghamton, NY, Bloomington, IL, Bossier City, LA, Bowling Green, KY, Canton, OH, Casper, WY, Cedar Rapids, IA, Charlotte, NC, Charlottesville, VA, Chattanooga, TN, Colorado Springs, CO, Columbia, SC, Columbus, GA, Daytona Beach, FL - Ocean Center, Erie, PA, Evansville, IN, Fairfax, VA, Fargo, ND, Fayetteville, NC, Fort Myers, FL, Green Bay, WI, Huntsville, AL, Jackson ,TN, Jacksonville, FL, Johnson City, TN, Jonesboro, AR, Kalamazoo, MI, Laredo, TX, Macon, GA, Mobile, AL, Montreal, QC, North Charleston, SC, Odessa, TX, Peoria, IL, Rockford, IL, Salisbury, MD, Savannah, GA, Sioux City, IA, Sioux Falls, SD, Springfield, IL, Syracuse, NY, Tallahassee, FL, Toledo, OH, Tupelo, MS, Vancouver, BC, Victoria, BC, Waco,TX, Wilkes Barre, PA, Worcester, MA

http://nodq.com/wwe/430971249.shtml

:(

True but I don't see how you can be a fan if you are over 20. I mean maybe you like the history and like to re-live the classics.

But come on.... if your hero is a "WWE Superstar" you got some problems most likely unless you are a kid and don't understand yet that wresting is fake and the wrestlers are basically stunt performing action stars trying to stay within a narrative or story line that is predetermined.

I mean I was a kid and enjoyed wrestling because of the personalities and rivalries before I knew it was fake.

So as an adult now it just really seems stupid when you know that these guys are all buddies and are only acting out story lines.

Most of the time the "rivals" are best buddies in real life when the cameras are off.

I wouldn't call any of them "heroes." I like the lucha dragons and Kofi Kingston the same way I like Dr. Spencer Reid, Bubbles, and Barney Stinson. If you watch it in the same way as one would watch criminal minds, trailer park boys, or how I met your mother it is entertaining.

I don't understand how people can like wrestling knowing the moves are exaggerated and it is pre determined who wins and how the match ends.

Why do people take it so seriously?

Is the fun like in most tv shows to try to predict what happens next in the story line?

I swear posts like these come up every few months.

I never understood the age limit cutoff. Should I not watch the new Avengers movie because its fake and Tony Stark and Robert downie JR are not the same person and because the outcome is pre determine?

It's just like any other movie or show