The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Such an amazing crowd yesterday. Only made an already pretty good show that much better. Little bummed Enzo an Big Cass lost, hoping that means they are moving up to the main roster soon!

P.S if you are not watching NXT, do yourself a favor an change that!

Edited by AfterMath35
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I really wanted sandow to win superstar of the year so he would be forced back on to the wwe :(

It's All Rigged, I mean seriously, who the F*** voted for Neville over Kevin Owens, and The Uso's over New Day, F***ing really? lol.

Edited by Nail3738

7 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Lol yea I know. I just really want sandow back. Guy is money. 

Also, Nikki Bella wins diva of the year over Charlotte, Sasha Banks, and even Paige... #Rigged #WhyBother

It's amazing what happens in life when you suck the right d*ck.

Edited by Nail3738

On 12/17/2015 at 4:40 PM, Nail3738 said:

&^@#ing. Legendary.

What an awesome show!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY HEEEEY BAYLEY! HOO! HAH! I WANA KNOWHOAAHHOOAH WILL YA BE MY GIRL!?

bayley is going to be money when she gets the call up. hopefully vince is dead and kevin dunn is gone by then. they already killed sasha banks and becky lynch dead. the only nxt girl they really protected was paige, then charlotte

11 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

bayley is going to be money when she gets the call up. hopefully vince is dead and kevin dunn is gone by then. they already killed sasha banks and becky lynch dead. the only nxt girl they really protected was paige, then charlotte

#pushbeckylynch.

also make me a Becky Lynch siggy, pls. xD

On 2015-12-14 at 1:05 PM, Lil B From The Pack said:

WWE signed Mauro Ranallo to be the voice of Smackdown once they move to USA Network apparently.

I remember watching him when I was a kid when we would get All star and Stampede wrestling on Saturdays.  That's all we got back then. Weekly wrestling in Cloverdale was a TV staple back then.  That's where John Tenta got his start.

3 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I remember watching him when I was a kid when we would get All star and Stampede wrestling on Saturdays.  That's all we got back then. Weekly wrestling in Cloverdale was a TV staple back then.  That's where John Tenta got his start.

Personally his signing makes me think back to Right After Wrestling/Aftermath. Was entertaining to watch when they had the old analysts on it, and I was probably watching it a little more often than Raw itself at a point, using it to catch up on the what I couldn't be bothered to watch (essentially everything). 

Between him, Arda Okal, and Renee Paquette, all 3 are now signed with the WWE. Makes me wonder about where I can hand in my application to appear on that show.

On 2015-12-30 at 1:38 AM, g_bassi13 said:

Personally his signing makes me think back to Right After Wrestling/Aftermath. Was entertaining to watch when they had the old analysts on it, and I was probably watching it a little more often than Raw itself at a point, using it to catch up on the what I couldn't be bothered to watch (essentially everything). 

Between him, Arda Okal, and Renee Paquette, all 3 are now signed with the WWE. Makes me wonder about where I can hand in my application to appear on that show.

I liked Aftermath but I didn't really watch it all that often.

20 Years in the Making

ECCW Logo Extreme

The year was 1996.

“Braveheart” won the Oscar for Best Picture.  Calvin and Hobbes released its final comic strip. And professional wrestling was entering a new era. For fans in the Pacific Northwest, that new era was ECCW.

What was then known as Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling built itself on the hard work, passion, and perseverance of seasoned veterans who were masters of their craft, as well as young up and comers who were hungry to make their mark in the squared circle.

ECCW Logo Extreme 2

“Our goal was to produce the best wrestling in the Pacific Northwest,” says Dave Teixeira, owner of ECCW from 1997 until 2010. “And to create an outlet for wrestlers to showcase their talents.”

Rigorous touring schedules included many fundraisers for local schools and charities, a tradition that lives on through events such as Wrestling with Hunger, Hulk Up To Beat Cancer, and RAPS Unleashed, as well as ECCW’s ongoing support of organizations such as Abbotsford Special Adventurers, the Tri-Cities Food Bank, and Blankets BC.

“Ideas that I had included doing charity shows” recalls Teixeira “Since I left five years ago, they’ve done a lot of awesome things. What was done in the past has paved the way for the future.”

eccw-logo extreme 3

ECCW has grown significantly over the last twenty years. From school gyms and legion halls, to fairgrounds and the Commodore Ballroom.  There have been homegrown talent who went on to see the world, and international stars who came to learn and grow as wrestlers.  Perhaps most notably, the City of Vancouver declared July 12th 2014 to be ECCW Day.

ECCW Logo with wings

Though much has changed over the last twenty years, ECCW’s standing as the longest running and hardest working promotion in Canada continues on. One can only imagine what will be written about it in the next twenty years.

---------------------------------------------

ECCW hits the Commodore Ballroom for Ballroom Brawl 5 Saturday January 16th.  The other 4 sold out, this one should as well.

Main event will be Scotty Mac vs. El Phantasmo for the ECCW Championship.  It will take place in a steel cage. 

El P normally steals the show.  The guy can really wrestle.  Should be one hell of a match.

Edited by Grapefruits