The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

I watched a bit of the premiere, the tiger was cool in all but I just see so many flaws in how the story comes about that I just can't get into this show anymore.   HBO/Netflix has ruined network tv for me, PG-13 just doesn't cut it anymore. 

On 2/15/2017 at 2:57 PM, taxi said:

^^^^ 

You have too much time on your hands. It's obvious that this show, which is designed for entertainment, is causing you all sorts of stress. 

So that's how you respond when your points are proven moot? You insult someone for no particular reason? I get that your responses were elementary and poorly thought out, but to resort to insults just shows how pathetic your approach is. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

So that's how you respond when your points are proven moot? You insult someone for no particular reason? I get that your responses were elementary and poorly thought out, but to resort to insults just shows how pathetic your approach is. 

Quite honestly, I don't know why the Walking Dead in particular attracts so many people to these threads who obviously just don't like or watch the show. If you don't like the show why bother posting in a thread about it. What does that add? 

1 minute ago, taxi said:

Quite honestly, I don't know why the Walking Dead in particular attracts so many people to these threads who obviously just don't like or watch the show. If you don't like the show why bother posting in a thread about it. What does that add? 

I love the show. Watched it since the beginning. Not a single post I've made in this thread is to the contrary. You're clearly reaching for straws in some vain and pointless attempt to prop up your dying argument. 

Maybe just let it die, and who knows, maybe it'll come back. 

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I love the show. Watched it since the beginning. Not a single post I've made in this thread is to the contrary. You're clearly reaching for straws in some vain and pointless attempt to prop up your dying argument. 

Maybe just let it die, and who knows, maybe it'll come back. 

Love how you accuse posters of insulting others then you refer to my posts "vain" and "pointless". I think you should calm down here. Just do a google search. I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

The show makes zero effort to provide any kind of continuity to how walkers die or to keep things realistic or scientifically accurate. The only rule seems to be that puncturing the skull with any object kills them. Once again, it's not about the zombies.

6 minutes ago, taxi said:

Love how you accuse posters of insulting others then you refer to my posts "vain" and "pointless". I think you should calm down here. Just do a google search. I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

You lobbed the first grenade, taxi, not me. What opinion? You keep flip-flopping here.

6 minutes ago, taxi said:

The show makes zero effort to provide any kind of continuity to how walkers die or to keep things realistic or scientifically accurate. The only rule seems to be that puncturing the skull with any object kills them. Once again, it's not about the zombies.

If you're looking for realism on a show about a zombie plague, maybe temper your expectations somewhat. As far as I can see, and this goes back a long way in zombie lore, is that blunt force trauma to the head = dead. That has been standard throughout the entire series. The reason continuity may be an issue is that this show has had three showrunners (Frank Darabont, Glenn Mazzara, and now Scott Gimple). Mazzara was clearly the weakest link in the chain, and his run with the show reflected that weakness.

While the Walking Dead centers around the survivors and their quest to rebuild their lives and society, the zombies kind of play more than just a bit part in the show. They are kind of the entire reason society crumbled.

Once again, did Rick and Carl end up in Alexandria with everyone else because of a Black Friday sale gone horribly wrong?

Did Negan rise to power and become the leader of the Saviours because his minions got tired of their work a day world, and they all became Montana Freemen?

• 2 weeks later...

Do people not get scratched anymore?  I watched 3 episodes this weekend and in every one they had a close call.  The scene where they were removing the explosives on the highway and Rick and Michonne got swarmed there is no way they can escape that unscathed.  The scene last night with Rick looking down at the deer looked so bad, like 1980's CGI bad, like The Neverending story bad. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Do people not get scratched anymore?  I watched 3 episodes this weekend and in every one they had a close call.  The scene where they were removing the explosives on the highway and Rick and Michonne got swarmed there is no way they can escape that unscathed.  The scene last night with Rick looking down at the deer looked so bad, like 1980's CGI bad, like The Neverending story bad. 

That CGI was truly awful. The second episode after the mid season break also had a bad green screen moment with Rick on top of that pile of garbage.

I know after Season 1 their budget was slashed and hence why the season was set pretty much entirely on the farm. You have to wonder if this season has budget issues as well and they aren't handling it very well.

They must have spent all the CGI budget on the tiger, lol. 

The whole situation with the Garbage Pails kids is so stupid.  Why would you ever negotiate with a bunch of flip-floppers who have shown almost no initiative for their own survival and can't even speak English properly when it's only been less than 2 years since SHTF?  How competent are they with guns anyways when they're complaining about even cleaning/oiling them.  

IMO, Alexandria is playing with fire.  Machiavelli wrote that relying on mercenaries is problematic in the long-term.

I used to watch this show all the time, but I stopped because I was getting to the point of just wanting to see what the end of the show was. I watch movies all the time and I like closure. The show was really starting to drag on and on (not sure if it's just me or if others feel that way).

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, Templeton Peck said:

That CGI was truly awful. The second episode after the mid season break also had a bad green screen moment with Rick on top of that pile of garbage.

I know after Season 1 their budget was slashed and hence why the season was set pretty much entirely on the farm. You have to wonder if this season has budget issues as well and they aren't handling it very well.

The entire CGI budget went to Shiva.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, Lancaster said:

They must have spent all the CGI budget on the tiger, lol. 

Hide contents

The whole situation with the Garbage Pails kids is so stupid.  Why would you ever negotiate with a bunch of flip-floppers who have shown almost no initiative for their own survival and can't even speak English properly when it's only been less than 2 years since SHTF?  How competent are they with guns anyways when they're complaining about even cleaning/oiling them.  

IMO, Alexandria is playing with fire.  Machiavelli wrote that relying on mercenaries is problematic in the long-term.

The Scavengers end up being a far more nefarious group down the road, me thinks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-03-07 at 0:35 AM, Mattrek said:

I used to watch this show all the time, but I stopped because I was getting to the point of just wanting to see what the end of the show was. I watch movies all the time and I like closure. The show was really starting to drag on and on (not sure if it's just me or if others feel that way).

It's not just you (although, TWD's viewership says otherwise).

I've long been a fan of how the BBC treats tv shows. Just a few seasons and they're done. Whether this is done because of budget constraints or integrity, it matters none to me. There's a reason why BBC shows set the gold standard for quality.

Archived