The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

YESS!!

Edit: ok i think i know which pic you have. saw it on another site and it freaked me out. when the main characters turn they look even freakier than the extras. i guess maybe coz we knew them in human form or something

One thing with the pictures is I believe Darabont has spoken before about Zombiefying the entire cast and leaking out photos to throw people off. I can't find anything about it but I think he had said it on Talking Dead.

One thing with the pictures is I believe Darabont has spoken before about Zombiefying the entire cast and leaking out photos to throw people off. I can't find anything about it but I think he had said it on Talking Dead.

Oh interesting, i didn't know about that. Definitely changes things and it's actually a good idea to help throw people off.

alright , I'll post it anyway, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

post-86187-0-54197600-1363826966_thumb.j post-86187-0-84747000-1363826991_thumb.j

Yup that's the pic I saw. He looks pretty freaky imo

Well I have now watched about 7 episodes of this show. Every episode is exactly the same. I don't understand the appeal. The characters are unlikeable and their relationships seem extremely bland. The show seems to be in rigor mortis already. Is there any real reason I should keep watching? What makes you watch it every week?

Well I have now watched about 7 episodes of this show. Every episode is exactly the same. I don't understand the appeal. The characters are unlikeable and their relationships seem extremely bland. The show seems to be in rigor mortis already. Is there any real reason I should keep watching? What makes you watch it every week?

I love horror movies, so I like the zombie aspect. Also, gotten attached to some of the characters. It's got a pretty decent story line, IMO. Have you watched from the beginning or just the recent episodes? If you watch from the beginning, you see the characters as more in-depth and see how deep-rooted their connections are.

Still, might not be for you and that's cool too.

Okay....forget everything I've said above. The real reason I watch is because Rick is hot. :wub:

I love horror movies, so I like the zombie aspect. Also, gotten attached to some of the characters. It's got a pretty decent story line, IMO. Have you watched from the beginning or just the recent episodes? If you watch from the beginning, you see the characters as more in-depth and see how deep-rooted their connections are.

Still, might not be for you and that's cool too.

Okay....forget everything I've said above. The real reason I watch is because Rick is hot. :wub:

I watched the first 7 or 8 episodes in a row and over the course of the last two days. I have been trying to give it a chance because I love good shows. I'm a huge dexter fan, sons of anarchy fan, breaking bad fan, Sopranos, game of thrones, The Following and many more shows. I really appreciate good writing. This seems to be lacking in exactly that. The writing seems very low brow and nothing ever seems to move the story along. I'm pretty sure you can watch this show from any episode and watch the episodes in any order and it will feel like the story is in exactly the same place every time. I'm putting myself out there. How many more episodes should I give myself to begin enjoying it?

I watched the first 7 or 8 episodes in a row and over the course of the last two days. I have been trying to give it a chance because I love good shows. I'm a huge dexter fan, sons of anarchy fan, breaking bad fan, Sopranos, game of thrones, The Following and many more shows. I really appreciate good writing. This seems to be lacking in exactly that. The writing seems very low brow and nothing ever seems to move the story along. I'm pretty sure you can watch this show from any episode and watch the episodes in any order and it will feel like the story is in exactly the same place every time. I'm putting myself out there. How many more episodes should I give myself to begin enjoying it?

Then to be honest, I don't think you're going to find it much better. As much as I like it, I do find shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc. to be much better written/directed. This is more of mindless fun instead, I find. I guess it's the ambiance that I like, so if you're not connecting with it now, I doubt it will snag you as you move along.

If this was a question of something like Being Human, I'd say: "STICK WITH IT!".

Then to be honest, I don't think you're going to find it much better. As much as I like it, I do find shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc. to be much better written/directed. This is more of mindless fun instead, I find. I guess it's the ambiance that I like, so if you're not connecting with it now, I doubt it will snag you as you move along.

If this was a question of something like Being Human, I'd say: "STICK WITH IT!".

There's no easter eggs, no surprises, no twists in the plot. It's mindless exactly. Ok thanks for being honest. I'll try a couple of more episodes and give it a couple more episodes. Then at least I can say I gave it a fair shake.

There's no easter eggs, no surprises, no twists in the plot. It's mindless exactly. Ok thanks for being honest. I'll try a couple of more episodes and give it a couple more episodes. Then at least I can say I gave it a fair shake.

You have to agree, though that it's better than Honey Boo Boo!

Maybe give it to the finale?

I like the characters and their relationships seem fine. You shouldn't keep watching if you don't like it. Simple as that really. If you've watched it in all likely hood nobody is going to tell you anything new. I can understand how people may not like the show. It's certainly a slow build show; there's very little if any instant gratification.

I like the characters and their relationships seem fine. You shouldn't keep watching if you don't like it. Simple as that really. If you've watched it in all likely hood nobody is going to tell you anything new.

That seems to be one of the major flaws in the show. It's all so predictable. even you aren't able to tell me to keep watching because it should get better or there is something around the corner that will really blow me away. If there is I'm willing to keep on trying

That seems to be one of the major flaws in the show. It's all so predictable. even you aren't able to tell me to keep watching because it should get better or there is something around the corner that will really blow me away. If there is I'm willing to keep on trying

Well I don't know what's around the corner. If I did I would agree with you that it's predictable. I can't even tell you it follows the comics becuase it doesn't. I like it but if you don't what could I tell you to get you to watch. Sounds like you've watched it and don't like it. No big deal...it's just not your things.

What really pisses me off is when they throw in these "filler" episodes where barely anything happens.

The most recent episode (I won't be specific in case some of you haven't seen it) was so lame. All this stuff happens and then when the episode finishes it's like... well that was pointless.

Still love the show tho :P

What really pisses me off is when they throw in these "filler" episodes where barely anything happens.

The most recent episode (I won't be specific in case some of you haven't seen it) was so lame. All this stuff happens and then when the episode finishes it's like... well that was pointless.

Still love the show tho :P

I don't know East. Sometimes filler episodes are stupid but I felt that last episode had me on my toes for a good 20 minute nonstop period. That is rare even for this show. It also had one of the most memorable moments in this latter half of the season (staircase; no spoilers.) Not to mention the character in question hadn't had nearly as much quality airtime as of late so it was a nice change.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Well I don't know what's around the corner. If I did I would agree with you that it's predictable. I can't even tell you it follows the comics becuase it doesn't. I like it but if you don't what could I tell you to get you to watch. Sounds like you've watched it and don't like it. No big deal...it's just not your things.

I am kind of glad it doesn't follow the comics exactly. Yes some major changes bugged me. (Dale) But if you read the comics again you will notice there is a LOT of talking. The biggest problem with the 2nd season was the amount of downtime involved and that was because it was so closely scripted to the comics.

The comics, although good, are not perfectly tailored to be a longstanding plotline of a major television show. A basic outline maybe, but character development and added suspense needs to be added for the mass audience.

I know when I first started watching the show, I didn't like it much. I had a hard time getting through the first few episodes. Once I got to the second season I cruised along and now am up-to-date and have watched episode 14 of season 3.

This season's been pretty good, I think. A lot less of the "doing stuff and things" of season 2, where nothing really happened.

walking-dead-stuff-and-things.png?w=300

Archived