The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

I find it quite surprising that people are actually defending Microsoft's overly greedy actions.

Exactly. Sony took a sh*tkicking when they came out with the PS3 based purely on the price of their console. The XBOX ONE may be priced right when it initially comes out, but word will get around quickly about all the additional costs, which will absolutely scare people off. And let's not forget they are completely alienating everyone outside the US. Not a great move.

Thank-you, kind sir. +1 to you as well.

I don't think people are complaining about the game (I'm not at least). It's the fact that Microsoft has gone in the way of EA and is no longer in the business for gamers. All they want to do is make a quick buck by sucking every single penny out of their consumers pockets.

Also, don't pull that "lol it's business, of course they want to make money" crap. Look at Nintendo. They're (mostly) doing it for the gamers. No DLC attached to their games, cheap console, and no subscription fees (probably a lot more... Maybe ave can provide more info :P).

I find it quite surprising that people are actually defending Microsoft's overly greedy actions.

Offscreen play is the greatest thing ever invented. I didn't think i'd care about it until i had it, now I don't want to live in a world where it isn't available.

Exactly. Sony took a sh*tkicking when they came out with the PS3 based purely on the price of their console. The XBOX ONE may be priced right when it initially comes out, but word will get around quickly about all the additional costs, which will absolutely scare people off. And let's not forget they are completely alienating everyone outside the US. Not a great move.

Definitely. Microsoft is also alienating the folks living in rural areas were getting an internet connection is nearly impossible.

Can we all just agree that the One is going to be inferior to the Atari?

For me it isn't about superior/inferior, it's about which one offers me what I'm looking for. Xbox decided I had to pay to use most of their service. Ps3 wasn't pushing buy this if you want to play mentality. Xbox attempted the hd experiment and it failed, only to later decide not to support Blu ray. I am a playstation plus subscriber bit that was a choice. Also for something like 50 or 60$ a year I get free crap regularly.

That's exactly what I was looking for. A system that respected my choice to play it.

instead you'll pay the price of a new console every year or so just to keep up and be able to play games on a PC... smart.

I bought my PC 5 years ago. Only upgrade I've ever done was my graphics card, and that was only because it was an insane sale. I can still run the newest games on the highest settings (with the exception of Crysis 3).

Obviously you don't know much about computers, eh?

clearly not...

how do i go to someplace else on this magical box of beeps and boops?

if PC gaming has changed since the 90's, sue me, but that's how it was, and i'd rather play on my TV anyway. i don't want/need a desktop at this point in my life, espescially not just for games.

clearly not...

if PC gaming has changed since the 90's, sue me, but that's how it was, and i'd rather play on my TV anyway. i don't want/need a desktop at this point in my life, espescially not just for games.

Depending on what you buy, you should only need to upgrade your computer like every 4-5 years depending. I just bought one this last fall for around 1400 and it should last until 2015ish, maybe a little yes.

I guess people like Xbox's and such because its more casual and you can watch DVD's on it, watch netflix etc... but I'd argue that PC are still the best mediums for gaming.

clearly not...

if PC gaming has changed since the 90's, sue me, but that's how it was, and i'd rather play on my TV anyway.  i don't want/need a desktop at this point in my life, espescially not just for games.

I know what you mean. There was a time where I really enjoyed PC games (late 90s through 2003). At which point, I was no longer living in dorm and was now married. And with tvs being where they are today, I barely use my computer at home now. My wife and I have already decided that the next time we decide to get a new "computer," we're just going to buy an ipad.

I know what you mean. There was a time where I really enjoyed PC games (late 90s through 2003). At which point, I was no longer living in dorm and was now married. And with tvs being where they are today, I barely use my computer at home now. My wife and I have already decided that the next time we decide to get a new "computer," we're just going to buy an ipad.

i'm trying to convince my wife to pick up a surface pro for me. i tried it, and loved it, and have heard nothing but great things about it.

my wife is the nurse, not I. the past is the future now?

Sounds like armada is a MS ManBoy

No, I have better things to do in my life than argue over a system or worry about what will and will not be on a system.

Unlike you Mr.Wii fanboy.

Archived