The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

clearly not...

how do i go to someplace else on this magical box of beeps and boops?

if PC gaming has changed since the 90's, sue me, but that's how it was, and i'd rather play on my TV anyway. i don't want/need a desktop at this point in my life, espescially not just for games.

Hdmi Cord and a Xbox 360 Pc controller has me playing my pc games on my big screen quite often i rarely play games on my computer monitor unless im using the keyboard

Thank-you, kind sir. +1 to you as well.

I don't think people are complaining about the game (I'm not at least). It's the fact that Microsoft has gone in the way of EA and is no longer in the business for gamers. All they want to do is make a quick buck by sucking every single penny out of their consumers pockets.

Also, don't pull that "lol it's business, of course they want to make money" crap. Look at Nintendo. They're (mostly) doing it for the gamers. No DLC attached to their games, cheap console, and no subscription fees (probably a lot more... Maybe ave can provide more info :P).

I find it quite surprising that people are actually defending Microsoft's overly greedy actions.

Good post, this

Especially the bolded part

To be honest, I don't understand console loyalty or fanboyism at all

I owned a Wii, a 360, and a PS3, and the latter two were mostly interchangeable. There are only a few console-exclusive titles, and there are even fewer that are worth getting excited about.

Nintendo is obviously different, as it has nostalgia-driven and replayability-driven favourites like Mario, Zelda, etc. They sort of demand customer loyalty if not out of quality, then out of respect for kEEPIN IT REAL

The next gen stuff though, to me, looks ONLY different in their cultural approach. XBOX is trying to be a living room catch all, an entertainment mega box. PS4 or 5 or whatever, to me, just looks like an attempt to unify social networking and gaming. NEITHER thing appeals to me at all. For me it will come down to whichever one is cheaper, and which one is easiest to disable all the add-ons.

Contrary to what these two mega corporations think, my living room setup isn't all that complicated. I do not need to check facebook every 15 minutes, and I certainly don't need to announce on Twitter that I just unlocked a painfully easy (if not embarrassing) "achievement." I do not need voice communication to change a channel. Hell, I've come to realize I don't even need cable.

Honestly, if Nintendo just accepted the times and embraced better graphics and games like Grand Theft Auto, I would just stick with them.

Simplicity is key for me.

Good luck finding any gems on Xbox Live. Microsoft has put up impossible barriers for indie devs to upload their games there.

Have fun with your decreased privacy. That camera is watching you, always.

Have fun with paying a subscription fee just to use their service, only to pay even more subscription fees.

Have fun with the possibility of a large increase of Kinect games.

Have fun playing with possibly even more 12yr olds online, if Microsoft is able to convince young families to buy this over everything else.

Have fun with buying used games for "cheap".

Have fun.

Edit: Also, have fun with a crap load of ads being placed on your dash board, even tho you're already paying a fee.

well said

No I'm suggesting that when you make a game, make it playable and enjoyable. Because some titles are beautiful to look at, but the gameplay sucks.

Who bases the gameplay simply on the "title"? :shock:

maybe every few years or so you'd upgrade your graphics card. i have an older geforce 400 series and it's served me well for 3 years, but might upgrade at the end of the year to the more newer ones

I think graphics advancement has slowed down a lot these days that you don't need to upgrade as often you used to.

Another advantage of playing on the PC is the dirt cheap game prices.

Thank-you, kind sir. +1 to you as well.

I don't think people are complaining about the game (I'm not at least). It's the fact that Microsoft has gone in the way of EA and is no longer in the business for gamers. All they want to do is make a quick buck by sucking every single penny out of their consumers pockets.

Also, don't pull that "lol it's business, of course they want to make money" crap. Look at Nintendo. They're (mostly) doing it for the gamers. No DLC attached to their games, cheap console, and no subscription fees (probably a lot more... Maybe ave can provide more info :P).

I find it quite surprising that people are actually defending Microsoft's overly greedy actions.

These are my thoughts exactly. Although I'm not surprised by fanboyism defending. It happens everywhere, even in sitiuations where those being defending are doing everything to work against those doing the defending. I have an Xbox 360, with a bunch of games on it, and they're played often. But screw getting the Xbox one.

I mean this is a system inherintly designed to limit your control as a consumer, and a gamer. I sincerely hope enough people aren't getting suckered in with this crap, but my faith in gamers making intelligent and rational decisions is near none.

Don't let Microsoft nickel and dime you guys for all you're worth with this system. They're trying to remove the idea of you buying you a product altogether, and turn it into a series of limited licences that you have no control over.

It's not even that they haven't showcased games to observe yet. I could care less what their actual games will be. It's about literally every other aspect of the system. Don't make the mistake of feeding Microsoft with this.

To be honest, I don't understand console loyalty or fanboyism at all

Because we are shallow. We feel the irresistible need to defend our purchase, something that we use to identify ourselves with others. Instead of seeing things from a more balanced and rational perspective, we turn a blind eye to the flaws and limitations that are staring us in the face. In doing so, we put more emotional investiment in the purchase than your bank account ever will.

Got my pre-order in for a PS4, I hope I'll actually get it this time. You guys remember what happened when the PS3 first came out? Huge demand and not enough supply, systems going for upwards of $10000 on eBay and people getting shot to get their hands on it.

Still really not enough to Go on,These comparisons are not really fair.. (E3 will be the biggest deciding factor for me)

But at this point I am leaning towards Xbox One. It has a lot of features I believe i would use on the daily.

and large developers seem to be backing their architecture, with exclusives..

And that NFL experience will come in very handy for me on Sundays (as long as Shaw cable is supported)

on the other hand, PS4's game take over feature when you get stuck would come in handy (but also a cheap way out)

If I personally wanted a gaming only box... I would get another PC, where i could update it every year not just every 5-10 years

what ever team you are on Team Xbox one or Team PS4, this year and next will be very interesting for console gamers

Got my pre-order in for a PS4, I hope I'll actually get it this time. You guys remember what happened when the PS3 first came out? Huge demand and not enough supply, systems going for upwards of $10000 on eBay and people getting shot to get their hands on it.

Just be sure you don't aquire your's in the USA, and you'll be fine

Archived