The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago: Cop shoots puppy then issues owner parking ticket

key2thecup

I can't believe anyone on here would justify this cops actions...Unbelievable. These people clearly don't own dogs, and are the reason dogs have to be on a leash in the first place.

If a dog is well behaved and is not a threat to anyone, it should be able to be off the leash, at least on your own property, if not anywhere else. For christ sakes, what kind of world do we live in where people think it's ever just for a police officer to shoot someone or something without their lives being in absolute danger?

This story is really buggin' me.

I'm so glad to live where we do. I always walk Harrison off-leash (he's only leashed when we see other dogs) and even when we see police, they'll usually just stop and call him over for petting.

Sorry, but if a police officer doesn't have enough common sense to know the difference between a small 7 month old puppy, and a ferocious attack dog, then he shouldn't be a police officer in the first place. This is the type of cop that winds up shooting a kid playing with a toy gun.

And If a cop comes on my property without just cause and shoots my dog, you better believe it's his fault and he's gonna lose his job for it.

Archived