The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Blue Jasmine - 8.5/10

Wow. Easily the best acting I've seen in years. Really the acting was great all around but Cate Blanchett in particular ... there were many scenes where I would totally forget to breathe I was so caught up in the intensity.

Could have been a 9-9.5 but certain parts felt a little bit rushed, some of the music selections didn't really work with the scenes, and the sudden cutting back and forth between the two timelines was a bit jarring ... individually none of these were big deals, but together they had a tendency to pull me out of the setting a bit. But that was one hell of a movie.

Love Allen, love Blanchett. I will be watching when it comes out of theatres. Good to hear I shouldn't be disappointed with my expectations.

B-but everyone keeps telling me she's overrated?!!? :unsure:

idk or care if she's overrated, but she's certainly overexposed

if i have one major gripe with hollywood, it's how buzz/hot actors totally cash in to their sudden popularity to the point where they are almost immediately overexposed and just become annoying. lawrence, for me, is already there.

now she has another movie with bradley cooper coming out this year ("Serena"). what is that, three movies in three years with the same marquee? these cats are playin a dangerous game, i says

not to mention the insane media blitz that will come with the new x-men movie, and the two new hunger games movie

Edited by GLASSJAW

idk or care if she's overrated, but she's certainly overexposed

if i have one major gripe with hollywood, it's how buzz/hot actors totally cash in to their sudden popularity to the point where they are almost immediately overexposed and just become annoying. lawrence, for me, is already there.

now she has another movie with bradley cooper coming out this year ("Serena"). what is that, three movies in three years with the same marquee? these cats are playin a dangerous game, i says

not to mention the insane media blitz that will come with the new x-men movie, and the two new hunger games movie

The answer is to simply remove yourself from the hype and just watch the movies.

• Upvote 1

Fairly satisfied with the Oscar nominations. Her and Dallas Buyers Club got more recognition than I thought they would. Haven't watched Inside Llewyn Davis yet so I'm not sure if it deserved to get shutout.

Still have to watch 12 Years a Slave, then I can probably make my own predictions on the major categories. Most of the writing I've read this morning seems to think the BP award is really a three way race between that, American Hustle, and Gravity.