The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Evil Dead (2013) : 8/10

Great remake, true to the original 2 movies.

Lots of gore, I mean LOTS.

I like it, girlfriend wouldnt speak to me after it was over for bringing her to it (was too intense for her).

Fail on your part for bringing your girlfriend to Evil Dead. After 9 years of marriage, I know better than to watch things like that with my wife. Back in 2007, we took a road trip to Minneapolis (from Winnipeg) and watched 28 Weeks Later the night we got there. My wife still brings this up as the worst decision I have made. Yet, she drags me to Twilight films and I can't (but do) say a peep.

GI Joe. 5/10

My friend who was from out of town wanted to see it, I did not.

As it turns out, I was right.

Worst action movie I can recall in a long time.

Only good thing was, they killed off Channing Tatum early, so the acting in it was less horrible after 20 minutes or so.

Not the former male stripper :(

So my wife doesn't like horror movies, not a big deal to me.

But drags you to twilight.

Anyway, I'd give it a 6.5/10. It was entertaining and I got a few laughs out of it.

Edited by CAPSLOCK
  • Upvote 1

But drags you to twilight.

Anyway, I'd give it a 6.5/10. It was entertaining and I got a few laughs out of it.

I knew that was coming.Difference is I get something special watching those crapfest movies with her.

The Grey - 3.5/10

Didn't really enjoy any part of it, to be honest. I like Liam Neeson, but I didn't really think this film needed to be made. Now obviously one could argue that most films do not need to be made, which is a fair point. It's not that the movie is poorly made, it's just not an interesting story. Plane crash, death, wolves, more death. Reason why I gave it a 3.5 and not a 1 is because it ended the way it should have ended.

The Hobbit 8/10. *** A spoiler about the movie below *** (I don't know how to hide the text)

It's very similar to the Fellowship. The movie itself anyway, I don't know about the book. They both start off with a little history and events preceding the present story of the film (Smaug/Sauron). The beginning of the adventure begins in the Shire with a Hobbit and wizard. A fellowship is formed to battle evil (Smaug/Sauron). The fellowship visits Rivendell. The fellowship visits the Mines of Moria. They battle orcs, goblins and trolls. The major differences is that Saruman is loyal, there is no separation of the fellowship and none of them die.

I liked it though.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

Evil Dead - 8/10

loved it, was surprised to see so many young girls in the theatre, but the looks on their faces walking out was hilarious

The Hobbit 8/10. *** A spoiler about the movie below *** (I don't know how to hide the text)

It's very similar to the Fellowship. The movie itself anyway, I don't know about the book. They both start off with a little history and events preceding the present story of the film (Smaug/Sauron). The beginning of the adventure begins in the Shire with a Hobbit and wizard. A fellowship is formed to battle evil (Smaug/Sauron). The fellowship visits Rivendell. The fellowship visits the Mines of Moria. They battle orcs, goblins and trolls. The major differences is that Saruman is loyal, there is no separation of the fellowship and none of them die.

I liked it though.

[spoiler]hidden text here[/spoiler]

Edited by GodzillaDeuce

The Last Starfighter - 6.5/10

I remember enjoying this a lot more when I was a kid. Bought it on Blu-Ray for $8, thought it would be nice in my collection.

Positives: Still quite funny after all these years. The dialogue between "beta" Alex and his girlfriend and brother are quite funny.

Negatives: The FX are very dated and the story is quite ridiculous, as most 80s movies are: Guy lives in a trailer park, sets the top record on the Starfighter arcade game in the park, gets recruited by aliens to fight alongside the Startfighters (arcade game was part of an advanced recruiting project). Actually, going through the plotline, this should really be a positive.