The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

I say keep the opening. It's tradition. It signals what's about to happen on the ice. It's gametime. The horn sprinkled in is awesome, and loved a few times where an inspirational quote from Churchill was thrown in. Maybe have different quotes from identifiable people such as JFK or MLK.

I still get chills watching on TV when the U2 opening comes on. Even for regular season games.

Well kids, as luck would have it, we are looking into this very topic. stay tuned for more to follow, but just to say that this topic is not dead, in fact is very much alive!

one more week to go - and we're BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

DJD

Don't tell them that........these people don't even pay attention to the intro........hell they hardly watch the games at all. Too busy playing on their x-box with early deafness setting in from their "death metal" dime a dozen groups playing through their iPods............I mean does anyone actually buy that stuff? Then they watch the highlights and come on here like hockey experts. :sadno:

Personally attended 6 games in the 2011 finals. Boston was down 2-0 ahead of game 3. Their fans had every reason to be apprehensive and they were, pre game milling around the Garden. They came onto Audioslave's "Cochise" and their mood seamed to change from passive to aggressive. Maybe it wasn't the music, could have been the first drops of beer entering their bloodsteams, who knows but it did.

Game 4 they were full of confidence after we fished the puck out of our net 8 times in game 3 and didn't need pump up music. Game 6 they were facing elimination and were a bit apprehensive but confident. Music/beer kicks in and the vibe is different.

I am well aware we play the instrumental version of U2's "Where the streets...". Just as everyone old enough to have a driver's license is aware of the lyrics even if they aren't played. It's kind of a famous song.

Would Audioslave's "Cochise" work in Vancouver? Or as another poster suggested Motorhead's "The Game"? Probably not. The demographic in Vancouver if quite a bit different from just about any other NHL city and you have to appeal to your demographic. That said, the U2 is a little tired. If DJ Dave wants to try something different what's the harm? Maybe he'll find a better fit that what we have now?

Don't tell them that........these people don't even pay attention to the intro........hell they hardly watch the games at all. Too busy playing on their x-box with early deafness setting in from their "death metal" dime a dozen groups playing through their iPods............I mean does anyone actually buy that stuff? Then they watch the highlights and come on here like hockey experts. :sadno:

Archived