The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - TOR (yes another freaking VAN + TOR proposal)

Ok so there are tons of Luongo trade rumors and speculation swamping the internet these days, no breaking news here on CDC; but a few Leafs players most mentioned recently in those rumors are Lupul and Kadri. Personally, I don't want Kadri, and Lupul, I'm very doubtful the Leafs would even entertain the idea of trading him, considering he was the teams top scorer last season.

Here is the Luongo trade return I would be satisfied with. Anything less than this and I wont be a happy camper.

To VAN

C. MacArthur

T. Bozak

C. Franson (or Gunnarsson but preferably Franson)

2013 2nd round pick

To TOR

R. Luongo

Ok so there are tons of Luongo trade rumors and speculation swamping the internet these days, no breaking news here on CDC; but a few Leafs players most mentioned recently in those rumors are Lupul and Kadri. Personally, I don't want Kadri, and Lupul, I'm very doubtful the Leafs would even entertain the idea of trading him, considering he was the teams top scorer last season.

Here is the Luongo trade return I would be satisfied with. Anything less than this and I wont be a happy camper.

To VAN

C. MacArthur

T. Bozak

C. Franson (or Gunnarsson but preferably Franson)

2013 2nd round pick

To TOR

R. Luongo

Luongo=Perfect starter

ok so lets say Kesler and Booth comes back. would you slot macarthur over hansen? raymond?

sedin-sedin-burrows

booth-kesler-higgins

Hansen-Bozak-Raymond

McCarthur-Malholtra-Weise

Ok, I'd pay 3.25 mil for a 4th liner

I like this deal, but im not sure if its good fit here in Vancouver. We already have good forward depth but by adding two more top 9 forwards i dont know where certain players will fit.

Without doing any trade with Toronto our lines could be like this. (with Kesler)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Hansen - Lappy - Higgins

Raymiond - Maholtra - Weise

Now by adding MacArthur and Bozak it will give us tremendous depth, but someone would have to go, also Vancouver would like Kassian to play on the best line possible for his development.

If this trade happens here's lines without Injuries.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Hansen-Bozak-MacArthur

Higgins-Lappy-Raymond/Weise

Manny Malholtra would be the oddman out with everyone healthy and i would this Raymond would also be dealt.

VFM:

I think you've picked out pretty much the best options the Leafs have available without including Grabovski - whose cap hit is simply too high.

I personally would substitute Frattin for MacArthur for a couple of reasons - none of which have to do with thinking he's a "plug" lol - not many "plugs" have 100 points in the past two seasons and are among the best (relative corsi) players on their team. MacArthur is undoubtedly the player with the higher value at this point, but...

Frattin is a right wing - MacArthur a left wing - we are much deeper on the left side and already have to move both Burrows and Raymond to their off wings. Hansen is the only natural RW in the top 9 - hence drafting Jensen and acquiring Kassian. The Canucks could still use another roster RW.

MacArthur is a 3.2 million cap hit, and a pending UFA like Bozak. Bozak is currently at 1.5 - you're gonna have a hard time not going to sign the two of them for their current 4.7 cap hit - very likely rentals who test the UFA market. Cap space will be tight with Edler, Higgins, Lapierre (and Raymond) all pending UFAs and the ceiling dropping to 64 million...

Frattin on the other hand is an RFA at 925k for another year, who I think could have as much upside as MacArthur. He'd also remain a Canuck for at least another year, and they'd still retain his rights thereafter.

Personally I'd rather see less volume and more of a high end young player in return - ie Couturier or Gudbranson, but if it's the Leafs, I think it has to be volume, and yours is a pretty good proposal imo.

Archived