The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I LOVE BALLARD!

Drew1

Tanev is a stud, for real. Ballard has obviously improved his play, and played well tonight, I will agree, but he still has a way to go to be earning that salary. He still makes pretty poor decisions in his own end. I like his toughness, and I would really like to see more of that physical play. He is at his best when he plays with that edge

Anybody see that video of the "new girl" meeting the team where she asked Ballard what it takes to get on the coach's good side and he replied (paraphrasing) "Good question! I've been trying to figure that out for three years!" I laughed pretty good, so hilarious!

Anyways, Ballard has been showing that he really wants to play more minutes and I think he deserves all of it. The guy has heart, sticks up for his teammates, is such a smooth skater, and really, IMO, makes less mistakes than Hammer, Bieksa, and Edler. Tanev and him have def been our best so far.

Garrison is struggling out there. His skill set with the puck is a little worrying but I'm sure with time he will get used to our system more and we will see his boomer from the point. At one point last night I saw Raymond (who is also stepping up large) with the puck at the point and Garrison beside him, and instead of moving to the right to give him someone to dish the puck over to in the open, he just stood there like a zombie and looked at Raymond. He'll get better tho.

But AV is obviously loving Tanev and Ballard and rightly so. So awesome to see guys stepping it up this year. Gonna be a goodie to watch this year boys and girls :towel:

As others have said, I'm glad he's finally getting his confidence back. It seems like he's finally able to play the game how he wants to and isn't injured in some way.

I always liked Ballard, I remember he was drafted by Buffalo 11th overall, traded to Colorado and then to Phoenix before he even played a game. He doesn't score many goals but has great passing skills. And he is built like a tank, I wish I could find the video when he played for Phoenix and one of our guys took a run at him, bounced off him and had to limp to the bench with a broken leg. It was a younger guy a few seasons ago, I was yelling at him the whole time, don't do it! It was after he checked Pyatt into the side board, it looked really bad.

So anyways, happy to see Ballard getting back into his normal rhythm, him paired with Tanev is exactly what he needed. He never had a decent partner he could rely on.

His play at the end of last season and playoffs looked much better and it appears that it is continuing into this season. He has some good skills and is a real team player. He may never play like a 4M defenceman, but a consistency in his current play will be great for the team.

It is very promising when your strugling/doghouse dwelling players can start to shine. People have been dishing out the hate on Ballard, Mason Raymond like crazy. But if these guys can keep up the good work and we get our two big guys back from injury, then I like our chances to go far this year.

Ballard and Tanev are easily the best pairing right now. Everybody else just looks lost, that's including Hamhuis.

I've always said this, Ballard is our grittiest defenseman. Doesn't EVER hesitate to stand up for his teammates. Whether it's in Vancouver or not, I hope this guy has a great career.

Ballard and Tanev are easily the best pairing right now. Everybody else just looks lost, that's including Hamhuis.

I've always said this, Ballard is our grittiest defenseman. Doesn't EVER hesitate to stand up for his teammates. Whether it's in Vancouver or not, I hope this guy has a great career.

Beiksa isnt afraid of anyone. The only reason he'd have to be careful who he fights is because hes so important to the club. Hence, if hes going to fight, it has to be someone on the other team who is important to their club as well.

Perry is afraid of no one either.

Shorthouse really has issues with being biased Ive noticed. I liked him during his radio days, but his unwilingness to be impartial is getting to me the past few years.

I was happy when we got Ballard, but when he first came here, he didn't really fit in. Now, he seems to be settling in nicely and mentoring Chris Tanev, which is exactly what you want, a veteran D-Man instilling his work ethic on a younger guy,

It certain looks good so far, I just hope AV will give them some more PP time so Tanev will get his first NHL goal.

Archived