The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Kassians so far brief "fame" all from being on a line with the twins?

BurrsArrows

Obviously more ice time is going to give more opportunities and playing with the Sedins is also going to make anyone look better, but they haven't been at 100% themselves. Kassian is a good fit right now, and he's being rewarded for the effort he's putting in. With the team being so inconsistent and still missing key players, I'm not going to complain if Kassian decides to step up and play the rock star.

Not sure if he'll stay on the top line when the team is healthy, but he'll most likely keep producing if he keeps working the way that he has been.

Plenty of players haven't worked out when put with the Sedins so while obviously being surrounded by better players helps the Sedins certainly aren't the only reason the first line works.

When you think about it more guys haven't worked with the Sedins than have.

Kassian is playing good with the Sedins but I think the Sedins play better with Burrows as well. I actually think Kassian would benefit more from being on a line with Booth and Kes just because they are shoot first and Kassian likes to charge the net. There are many times I watch the Sedins cycle with each other while Kassian is in front of the net and there isn't even a shot.

I tend to think with a power forward like Kassian you need someone with a shoot first mentality so that he can be there to screen and clean up the garbage.

I'd like to see them try this when Kes and Booth return to the line-up and put Burrows back on the first line.

Kassian is good, and will get his points no matter who he plays with. However if you've ever been to a game, you can see that ANY player that gets to play with Henrick is going to get more points than they would anywhere else. This guy is simply amazing. One of the best players to watch in person I think. He and Joe Thornton are in another league when it comes to controlling the puck.

Archived