The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schrodingers cat

Spaniel Sedin

Schroeder has been unsuccessful at switching over to the wing, so I don't know why he would have any effect on Higgins' role. Unless Raymond is going to be joined at his hip for the entire season and playoffs, I really don't see Higgy getting bumped or moved.

On the other hand, I think it is better for Shroeds development if he stays on the parent team. It would be nice to see him on a line with some goal scorers, but unfortunatley we only have one line that can do that. It seemed to be a huge problem for the coaching staff to allow Hodgson to play 2nd line center last year. Given that Schroeds doesn't play wing, I wonder if he will face the same roadblock as Hodgson.

Schroeder has been unsuccessful at switching over to the wing, so I don't know why he would have any effect on Higgins' role. Unless Raymond is going to be joined at his hip for the entire season and playoffs, I really don't see Higgy getting bumped or moved.

On the other hand, I think it is better for Shroeds development if he stays on the parent team. It would be nice to see him on a line with some goal scorers, but unfortunatley we only have one line that can do that. It seemed to be a huge problem for the coaching staff to allow Hodgson to play 2nd line center last year. Given that Schroeds doesn't play wing, I wonder if he will face the same roadblock as Hodgson.

I'd love to see him on Kesler and Booth's wing. Two players that could actually finish. Schroeder seems to play better with faster players (Raymond/Sweatt).

My Lines when Kesler and Booth come back

D.Sedin H.Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Higgins

Raymond Schroeder Burrows

Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

So last season Higgins should be on the second line instead of Raymond and 8 games into this season he should be off the team. And Manny (playing 4th line) has the highest faceoff percentage among our centers on the team. One of the reasons he was picked up in the first place.

Schroeder has 1 assist in 6 six games playing second line and PP. Yet he's earned a spot? He doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the Wolves. Which makes him a depth player at this point. He's played well, but not well enough to take a spot from a veteran.

Schroeder seems to have a lot of potential and as much as I am enjoying what's going on with Kassian's game I feel that perhaps Schroeder's performance is being a little overlooked by fans. I am really liking these young kids (Tanev included) they all have a lot of potential and I am actually feeling really good about the Canucks future with players like these three in our system. I also agree that Schroeder should remain in the Canuck line up once Kes and Booth return. I really like his chemistry with Raymond. He seems to really bring out the best in Ray Ray and it makes me think that Raymond will also pick up his game if he continues to play with Schroeder.

As for Higgins typical CDC pounce on a guy who everyone was screaming was the hero last year. I am so sick of everyone wanting to trade away our entire team just because a player has an off game . Yes, Higgins isn't playing to his full potential and as a fan of this team and a fan of Higgins it is frustrating to watch but I am sure as the season goes on that he will pick up his game.

I wouldn't mind seeing him reunited with Booth and Kesler for awhile to see if that will get him going once they return. Then American Express line was pretty good for us for a bit last year then again there is the question of Burrows. I kind of wonder if he is hurt, or if its just because he is playing Center and he isn't used to it? He seems off to me and I really want him to get going as well so I am wondering if perhaps Higgins should stay on the third line with Hansen and Burrows should be put with Kes and Booth? I really like Kassian with the twins I think that not only have they improved his game but over the last few games I have witnessed the amazing feat of the Sedins throwing hits! They are playing physical and this is really nice to see.

Once booth booth and kes are back I wanna see booth on a line with Schroeder and Raymond. Kes and booth don't really work.

Sedins-kass

Bur- kes- Hansen (forecheck much?)

Ray- Schroeder- booth

Lappy- manny - Dutch king/Higgins

That way we'd have two legit second scoring lines. If Higgins picks it up he could take a spot in the top 9 but as of now he's the odd man out. If Schroeder gets sent down it will be madness, he definitely deserves the 3rd centre spot.

So last season Higgins should be on the second line instead of Raymond and 8 games into this season he should be off the team. And Manny (playing 4th line) has the highest faceoff percentage among our centers on the team. One of the reasons he was picked up in the first place.

Schroeder has 1 assist in 6 six games playing second line and PP. Yet he's earned a spot? He doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the Wolves. Which makes him a depth player at this point. He's played well, but not well enough to take a spot from a veteran.

The Wolves suck period. How could anyone every expect Hodgson,Schroeder and Kassian to have success playing with plugs is beyond me. Jansen will experience it himself when he goes their next year. I hope he stay in Europe instead of the Wolves.

Schroeder would be doing better if he centered Burrows and Higgins instead. Raymond is just useless. But thanks to AV that would never happen. It makes sense but not gonna happen unless MG orders him too.

Whoever said Higgins was not a playoff performer missed his hit on Chara and all the great work he did in the corners and in front of the net.

The player who looks like he has lost a step (because of his added muscle?) is Lapierre; seems like he has a groin issue or is skating on sand.

Both these guys and Manny bring great face-off ability and if they were to be deleted from the line-up, I would hope their replacements could do so as well.

Archived