The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

"If Luongo played it'd be 20-0!" Good old psychics and their ability to see how well goalies would play. Like they forget that Schneider was bad the game before this one he had. Once more, goalies aren't the issue on the team. The defense, while good some games, is not good enough to not look like crap randomly. And I don't mean "like any other team" I mean like, sometimes they look very bad. One injury and the whole thing goes south. IT's not a good thing.

Our offense is just not reliable either.

I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. The only topic on this board I've taken exception with is the "Keith retribution" subject. I frequently praise the Canucks organization and although the Blackhawks are my team I am a fan of the Canucks too (that's why I come here). When the Canucks aren't playing the Hawks I cheer for them.

We have a Canucks fan that posts regularly on our boards. He's a class act and welcomed by everyone there.

While this is a Canucks message board I do like to provide a little outside perspective from time to time.

You obviously don't know much about hockey! I have been a coach for years, and I would NEVER encourage any of my players to take unfair advantage of a defenseless player the way Hansen did. Especially against a player that has a recent concussion history!

I agree that Keith's elbow on Sedin last year was a blatant attempt to injure, and he got his suspension and did his time.

It is never in the best interest of the game to attempt to injure another player.

This play was FAR from innocent!! Hansen targeted Hossa head with his forearm or elbow without making ANY attempt to play the puck. Mark my words, Hansen will be suspended, and I think his suspension should equal what Keith got last year.

Take off your homer glasses and watch the game. Your team was completely outplayed and the Hawks should have won in regulation. I was there and I honestly think the Hawks players were unnerved by watching Hossa once again suffer a serious injury. Their play fell off significantly after that hit. If not for that play, the Nucks would have lost that game 4-1.

On the objective side, Schneider played a stellar game, he was the only reason the Nucks were even still in this game bythe 3rd period.

The Canucks level of play is much like early last November (which is the same number of games as they've played this year). Hopefully, they will turn the corner soon and start playing like the team they are. I mean like how they played in the first period of last night's game (minus the horrific break aways).

Overall our team was not nearly as good as the rival team. If it hadn't been for Schneids, the Hawks would have run away with the game.

Trade deadline is a little more than a month away and there are two months left in the regular season. This should be enough time for the team to work things out and play like they usually do in Jan/Feb.

We're lucky to be in the NW division, where the team can still get enough wins to make the playoffs, while adjusting and tuning their game.

You obviously don't know much about hockey! I have been a coach for years, and I would NEVER encourage any of my players to take unfair advantage of a defenseless player the way Hansen did. Especially against a player that has a recent concussion history!

I agree that Keith's elbow on Sedin last year was a blatant attempt to injure, and he got his suspension and did his time.

It is never in the best interest of the game to attempt to injure another player.

This play was FAR from innocent!! Hansen targeted Hossa head with his forearm or elbow without making ANY attempt to play the puck. Mark my words, Hansen will be suspended, and I think his suspension should equal what Keith got last year.

Take off your homer glasses and watch the game. Your team was completely outplayed and the Hawks should have won in regulation. I was there and I honestly think the Hawks players were unnerved by watching Hossa once again suffer a serious injury. Their play fell off significantly after that hit. If not for that play, the Nucks would have lost that game 4-1.

On the objective side, Schneider played a stellar game, he was the only reason the Nucks were even still in this game bythe 3rd period.

IMO, I'd probably do this ....

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lappiere-Volpatti/Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo/Schnieder (Go with AV's coin toss) :)

D was terrible tonight, Great job Schnieder for getting us that point!

On to the next game .. Go Canucks Go!!

Apologies if this was mentioned already, but lost in all the excitement of the game last night was the fact that Daniel tied Trevor Linden for 3rd all time among the franchise leading scorers.

Well as it turns out, the NHL removed David Booth's assist from the Edler goal (don't know why it was there in the first place) and replaced it with an assist credited to Daniel. Therefor, Daniel is now in sole possession of third place on the franchise all time scoring list. He now needs just 23 points to pass Naslund for 2nd all-time, which would finally make the Sedins the two highest scorers in Canucks history.

Go Danny!

Apologies if this was mentioned already, but lost in all the excitement of the game last night was the fact that Daniel tied Trevor Linden for 3rd all time among the franchise leading scorers.

Well as it turns out, the NHL removed David Booth's assist from the Edler goal (don't know why it was there in the first place) and replaced it with an assist credited to Daniel. Therefor, Daniel is now in sole possession of third place on the franchise all time scoring list. He now needs just 23 points to pass Naslund for 2nd all-time, which would finally make the Sedins the two highest scorers in Canucks history.

Go Danny!

Lol, telling me to be objective, when you're clearly a Hawks fan. Hansen was trying to grab a fluttering puck, and stretched out to do so while making impact with Hossa's head. It was unfortunate yes, but it wasn't malicious, as I said in my previous post. It's not like he wound up to do it, or intentionally skated towards Hossa with the inent to injure - much like the Keith incident last year. I wasn't advocating that any player should attempt to injure another, just that the play was not malicious, and as such serves as fair retribution - or as another poster put it, Karma.

god.,..shut up. i personally favor cory over luongo last summer but both goalies have been playing solidly and neither of them deserves more dirt digging...i'd say in 90% of all our games this season, both goalies have been giving an A+ performance. we have way bigger problems outside the blue paint

I am a coach and I know when to admit when I am wrong. I took 4 or 5 looks at the play again, and I believe you are probably right, there was no real intent to injure Hossa. That doesn't make Hansen any less guilty of a hit to the head, which is a suspendable offense.

And yes, I like the Hawks, but am also a Canucks fan. Mainly, I am a huge hockey fan and call things as I see them, regardless of what sweater the player is wearing.

I have a lot of respect for Hossa, he is an amazing player and I hate seeing any player get injured by the reckless play of another, no matter how innocent seeming it is. I also have a ton of respect for the Sedin brothers, who have amazing hockey talent. I was one of the first folks to say that Keith's elbow on DS last season deserved a severe suspension, which he got.

I suppose I let my emotions get the best of me last night because I was right there at the game, behind the Hawk's bench, and seeing Hossa once again laid out on the ice made me sick. After reviewing the replays when I got home was when I saw that there probably wasn't any ill intent on Hansen's part. I think the 1 game was warranted, if for no other reason than to make Hansen be more aware of where he is on the ice at all times. That seems to be a problem for him.

I am a coach

After reviewing the replays when I got home was when I saw that there probably wasn't any ill intent on Hansen's part. I think the 1 game was warranted, if for no other reason than to make Hansen be more aware of where he is on the ice at all times. That seems to be a problem for him.

Kassian has been playing 1/2 his games on the 3rd and 4th line there champ. If you watch buffalo games alot of Baby Coho's points have been garbage second assists as well.

and you proved my point. he's the center, the one responsible for playing the two way game. he's playing with the highest scorer in the nhl and is a minus, the other winger is a minus what does that say about his contribution in terms of defensive play

Schroeder? I didn't know he was traded for Coho the baby cakes...

Oh and guess what Schroeder is +1

Quit your whining...wow let it go child

Don't use +/- hey lol!! why because it doesn't help your stupid point?

go learn to skate and maybe then i'll listen to you....

Archived