The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Red Wings

-Vintage Canuck-

Does anyone else find it funny that the youngest, most inexperienced d-man on the backend has been the most consistent guy all season long. The argument was always "he's not playing against the opponents top lines, that's why he's doing good". Well, he's been eating tough mins for the last few games, and continues to be the most consistent. I wish AV would give him more mins, even on the PP.

The Canucks were doing fine until the refs decided to be part of the game.

They were controlling the game, had all the momentum until the Redwings pulled their Ref card.

That 'interference' penalty to Kassian was just the kick start the Redwings needed. Then the Weise penalty? apparently you cant hit Redwing players. And to top it all off, Kassian gets a chirping penalty in a 5-3 game :picard:

It should'nt be suprise to anyone tbh, thats why i would hate the Canucks to face an original 6 team in the playoffs, we seem to get the short end of the stick. The only way there is fair reffing against an original 6 team is playing another original 6 team.

So many bad factors skewing this game in the Wings' favour. I can't lay all the blame on our team. We had our good moments and we had our bad moments, we lacked puck luck and the reffing was atrocious. I don't really know where to begin, there was just so much going wrong! Embarrassingly lopsided game. Oh, well. Clean slate for the next game, boys!

Terrible last 40 minutes. Just wow.

Can't blame the loss entirely on Luongo because the whole team was a debacle, but he never looked big, pucks were going through him, he wasn't moving laterally, and he lost his positioning frequently. AV should've pulled him after the 4th goal, I just don't get his decision-making tonight.

Well, maybe it's the motivation the Canucks need. Optimism right?

Well 1 bad game does not make a season however I agree with those questioning AVs decision to leave Luo in net in a game we were never going to come back in. I missed the post game news conference with AV - did he happen to discuss why he didn't pull Luo?

Watching today's game was like driving by a car accident...you don't want to look, but for whatever you reason, you have just have to.

Lets hope that today's game acts as a wake up call that the boys needed to start playing to their capabilities...thank goodness that there aren't bonus points awarded to the opposition for how badly a team loses on the scoreboard...it's still two point we let slip away, but at the very least, it's only two points.

Archived